Tree of Savior Forum

Improvements to build diversity

I have done a lot of research into different class and skill progression paths within the game and I have run into one concern. Not enough skill point sinks.

There are so many interesting builds that are held back by wasted skill points. This occurs when a class has one or two skills that really synergizes with your character, while the other skills within that class are no use to you. While others may dismiss this as just un-optimal and poor play, I feel that by making a larger pool of builds mechanically viable allows for greater diversity in play. Fully utilizing the game’s interesting character growth system.

I see three potential ways to remedy this problem.

1) Add a skill to stat point conversion.
By having a mechanic that lets you convert a skill point into a few stat points allows for character progression when no beneficial skills are available.

2) Give every Circle 1 class one more (potentially more general) skill
Currently if you take one rank in a class you have 15 points to spend on 4 or 5 skills that cap at 5 [increased to 10 and 15 at later circles]. This means that that at least 3 out of the 4 or 5 skills offered should interest you if you are going to take a rank in the class, otherwise skill points are wasted. Having one additional skill offered at rank one just means that there is a higher likelihood that there will be 3 skills that compliment the character you are building.

3) Allow player to reach max skill level cap once the skill is available.
When spending one rank in a class, being able to spend all 15 skill points in one skill, or doing a 10 and 5 point split negates the requirement of 3 complimentary skills in a class.
Even having class skills starting with a cap of 10 instead of 5 during circle 1 would alleviate this.

Ensuring that alternate character builds can be mechanically viable allows players to experiment, and create a unique character that matches their playstyle. Hopefully preventing a handful of Optimal builds from dominating the player-base.

Thanks for you time, and I am interested to hear anyone elses thoughts on the matter.

1. Stat point itself also effect to some skill damage or heal. And skill level itself also effect to it own damage.

2. I’m confuse… @_@

3. The point to advance in same job higher circle is for unlock max skill level, new skill and some new attribute. If make it able to access max lv 15 skill from the first circle there’s no point to advance to 3rd circle of that same job. Since everyone can be strong from circle 1 and have powerful lv15 skill. (I’m not sure if you happen to try on lv15 yet or not but some skill is very powerful comparing to lv5 or lv10 skill)

I’d more likely suggest to let us able to reskill once after job change. Since some skill useful at low level and some isn’t after get to high level/high rank job.

1 Like

I’m not really sure about what are you trying to say. But you are not forced on wasting all your skills points during a rank/class change.

Was something like that what you was asking for?

Not 100% sure, but I believe you are forced to spend all skill points before advancing - unless you’re advancing to the next tier of the same class. i.e. swordsman 1 to swordsman 1 can keep some points, swordsman 1 to highlander 1 can not.

Nope you can keep skill point and don’t need to spend all point when advance job.

• If you advance to next circle (same job) those point that not spend yet will carry.
    (ex. wiz circle 1 > wiz circle 2 both will share same skill/skill point, You can save up skill point from circle 1 to upgrade on skill that you want in circle 2 either same one that just have max lv10 or new skill that just unlock)

• If advance to different job. If you have some skill point in previous job that still not yet spend. It’ll just be at there in your previous job skill menu and those skill point will not carry to new job.
    (ex. wiz circle 1 > pyro circle 1 skill point that havnt spend in wiz skill won’t carry to pyro skill.)

1 Like

Oh. Still bad enough - you can either spend them on skills you won’t be using later, or leave them sitting there, doing nothing at all.
Too bad they don’t carry over regardless of class.

I kind of link the 5 levels of skill each rank. It makes you plan for a lot of builds.

Will you be a monk with level 5 ~ 10 ~ 15 heal? Or something like that.

@xxforbidden405
Wow, the third problem mentioned in this topic seems very familiar, haha :sweat_smile:

@patricklapienis
We did discuss about skill level cap here:
(have a look and give your opinions about… my opinions :joy: I’d love to discuss :sunglasses: