Tree of Savior Forum

Important advice and tricks you wish you knew when you started?

Let me go a little bit deeper into armors.

All starting classes can use any armor. At level 1 you have these 3 attributes.

They can all be leveled up with silver and time.

Plate

• Plate has the most defense (not much) than other sets

Leather

• Boots always have dodge / evasion in them, doesn’t matter if cloth / leather / plate. Rest of their stats are unique like usually plate has STR in it while leather has DEX and cloth will feature INT.

Cloth

• Has the most magic defense

• Cloth isn’t even available early in the game at all, except very rare drops. Expect to only get your hands on cloth armor around level 90 at best.

• Cloth bonuses usually focus on INT bonuses and maybe even magic amplification on gloves.

Basically armor location usually determines it’s stats (usually, not always, there are some unique loot in the game that break the norms on purpouse - cos they are unique)

Gloves

• Always an offensive stat in them. Cloth later will feature magic amp. Plate will feature critical attack. Leather will feature accurancy or crit rating.

Boots

• Always feature a dodge rating. Cloth will feature SP boosts though some early leather crafted from NPC scrolls feature lots of SP. Leather boots feature DEX bonuses usually. Plate features STR bonuses.

• Leather has most evasion, followed by plate and then cloth.

Chest and Legs

• Their stats are usually IDENTICAL to each other and they are the ONLY pieces with defense. Plate usually has the most defense rating, followed by leather and then cloth.

Wearing 3 pieces of an armor type gives a bonus.
Wearing 4 pieces of an armor type gives a set bonus.

Bonuses from 3 and 4 stack together. Read the attributes above to know what the set bonuses are.

Most important thing about armor:

• It depends what type of attack you’re weakest to: Pierce, Slash, Cut.

There is a unique armor in the game that changes your armor type to “Ghost”, meaning all physical damage deals very little to you, but you take 100% or was it 200% more magic damage.

#####I’m not 100% accurate on these but this is how it was in iCBT2 and how it seems to still be.

3 Likes

Thank you for your responses. I have been educated.
Next question: Crafting

You need token for trading, they removed the buy-in shop(kinda like the Buy and Sell pub on Ragnarok). Not sure about the auction as I read that on kOBT it requires TP. So you can’t trade silvers but you can still sell it on auction.

wtf nice hint didn’t think of that, awesome man.

Addition tip: Don’t forget to upgrade your attributes on your job master. I didn’t do this first at iCBT2 because never knew that some attributes takes time so plan what attribute you want to upgrade first so you can time them. But while upgrading it the silver cost also rise so just double check if you need silver first on something or want to save up.

Wait, a token to trade? What do you mean? 1 token per trade? 1 token to trade for a month?

Didn’t get that also at first as I play only at iCBT2 and it is only implemented on kOBT but I asked that on other thread, you can check it in here.

so exp is that bad we need to pin a key down for the day?

That was on iCBT2 they mostly use it to farm silver at start and also as you guess was to gain exp but I think IMC already balance out some place that AFK attackers might abuse it. But even though you can do it, it still much faster to level up on dungeons and other grind spot.

Plate armor will b nice for wiz i think

Tip: Have lots of real life money.

You activate a Token, it’s like upgrading your account to a VIP status. You get extra benefits and one of them is 1:1 Trade.

A Token lasts for 30 days.

Farming location tips for that?

1 Like

Make sure you read up on character builds for the classes you are interested in playing… have at least a rough build plan in place.

That’s what I call a Golden Tip :smiley:

When you completed a quest, youll be prompted if you want to teleport to quest giver right away. You can abuse this if have something to do in the town like learning skills or repots. Just dont press teleport yet, and use Klaipeda stone. If youre done you can teleport now if want to. Saves a lot of time on my part.

Remember to train your skills early on, the secondary effects from trainers (skill buffs)

Get pet when you have the dosh, they lvl and are useful enough to spend money to.

Save EXP cards as much as you can, even more so on higher lvl. Lvl 5-10 lvls from Dungeons, these can be done few times a day. Only use cards after you have done dungeons enough.

Check databse for drops/gear often enough, also do not buff your weapons much early on.

How do we idendity what type of armor the other players and monsters are using?

most important thing: choose a good build cus if u sniff u will destroy u character

My tips is : Go to cafrisun and get cafrisun set as fast as you can for early level. Some people said, this will be your leveling equipments 'till arround 100. The next things to aim is arde dagger, save your money well.