Tree of Savior Forum

Important advice and tricks you wish you knew when you started?

I’m going in to this founders server with a friend completely blind on this game. All we know if what we’ve seen in trailers and some gameplay videos, and we are pretty hype to try it. It’s our “thing”, we like MMOs and the style of it.

One thing I hate though is making newbie mistakes that look silly to other more seasoned players. As an MMO veteran there’s nothing more embarrassing than doing something others may consider stupid or objectively bad for my character (especially if it’s irreversible).

What are some golden hints/tips/advice/nuggets that you wish you had known when you first started playing that you know now? Again, assume that I’m VERY acquainted with MMOs in general, so you can be technical with me.

Thanks guys.

golden hints? overkill gives more exp from a monster and matters a lot early game. probably something you’ve already known.

Did not! Don’t even know what overkill is TBH :slight_smile:

iirc Overkill is when the killing blow deals more than twice the dmg needed to finish it off.

Not sure myself, hence the “iirc”.

NPCs don’t give you any indication to you if it has a quest for you or not. You’ll need to walk around and talk to each one of them to know if it has a quest for you so, talk to every NPC you come across in every map(except city maps ofc xD most of the npcs there don’t have a quest for you)

Firewood/campfires are way cheaper than potions and everyone appreciates when you use them . You regen health & manna way faster and they last for a good while.

2 Likes

if you’re playing Cleric or Swordsman, carry multiple weapon types of about equal strength with you to match the strike/slash/pierce weaknesses of monsters since you’ll be auto attacking a lot early on.
(pierce being the harder one to get, so at least a sword and mace is good enough)

1 Like

Go against all your instincts and don’t farm, just do quest after quest, when you think you did all the quests from a map, check again, then backtrack and look for more, don’t use your exp cards right away, wait for reset levels to use them.

Put your gems in storage or else you might lose them when you die.

5 Likes

Oh that’s super important! Didn’t even think to mention that.

1 Like

If you go Swordman, realize weapons are unlocked by classes.

Highlander, Barbarian, Doppelsold

• Unlocks 2H Swords

Peltasta

• Unlocks shield blocking / taunting, hit C to block with shield
  • You can still use shields with any class, just not actively block with them
  • You can passively block but only with Cleric buff Stone Guard

Rodelero

• Unlocks shield blocking, hit C to block with shield

Highlander

• Unlocks 2H Sword blocking (skill: Cross Guard)
  • You can passively block but only with Cleric buff Stone Guard

Highlander

• Unlocks 50% more critical damage with 2H swords

Hoplite

• Unlocks 1H spears

Cataprah

• Unlocks 2H spears / mounts

Dragoon

• Unlocks both 1H spears and 2H spears

Corsair Circle 3

• Unlocks pistols, hit C to fire

Fencer

• Unlocks rapiers, only class in game that can use them

All of these skills are not obvious since the TOS Base skill builder doesn’t show them for some reason. I suggested months ago that the maker of the website would add the passive and not skill tied attributes to the right side of each rank / class.

Extra tips

Daggers

• With daggers equipped hit C to stab
  • Any class can use daggers

Shields

• Any class can use shields
  • Only by getting Peltasta or Rodeleiro can you actively block with them

Armor (cloth, leather, plate)

• Any class can use any armor type
1 Like

Be careful on what materials will you sell because most of it you might need on crafting or somebody might want to buy it on higher price for their recipe. Check tosbase.com on what it can craft.

https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/4bf37q/resources_for_old_and_new_players/ – This helped me a lot, there’s a lot of information about the game.

1 Like

question,whats this auto attack all about other than the obvious in its name,like does it bot for us or something?

Yes. Any class can use any armor type.

1 Like

Not sure for bots but you can pin down the attack key on keyboard and just left it whole day slashing or attacking an enemy waiting for it to respawn at a particular place.

How does that work out? What are the differences between armor types?

I read something like you can’t trade without using IRL money In the shop? Did they remove that for the global version?

http://wiki.tosbase.com/wiki/Equipment#Introduction

1 Like