Team Name: Remiri
Character Name: nitro7
Class Build: Cleric1-Priest3-Chaplain-Oracle1-Kabba1-Inquisitor2
RAM: 12 GB
Graphics Card: GTX 780
OS: Windows 10
Internet Connection Speed: Cable - Broadband
Country/State: East Coast USA
Hello from Impetus leadership. Here is my feedback for the recent beta test of territory wars!
1.) As with previous mass PVP, the player is fighting the game more than the other players.
- What I mean by this; is that you can’t use skills, move around, or play the game with any notion of strategy due to the lag and skill delay. This boils down Territory wars to less of a micro-management and all about macro-management.
- Macro-management means your group makeup, equipment, basically anything beyond the control of your character. If you had the right Macro you were 99% of the way there, since Micro-management was almost impossible due to the lag and skill delay.
- Solution: Focus your efforts on server stability, expand Territory Wars to 5 maps or more, normalize gear, develop solutions to prevent skill delay (skill taking 3-4 seconds to cast) or skill failure altogether (you use the skill, your character does the animation and chills there for 2 seconds, then nothing happens).
2.) TBL rules did not apply
- This again shifts the War to more Macro-management, since you can effectively be immortal with the right group makeup and dispellers.
- Without damage reduction, if you didn’t have the perfect macro (Ausrine+Bloodletting+Melstis) even with high Transcendent gear you would be killed very quickly. As a Priest with stage6 armor I fared better than most, but I can imagine it was hell for any non-cleric.
- Solution: Put in TBL rules, and normalize attack and defense so that gear matters less, and your strategy and micro-management matter more.
3.) The Safe Zone allows for players to stand in it, take no damage, and spam AOE moves outside of the Safe Zone to disrupt/damage/kill players who are actually going for the objective.
- This is huge since anyone who felt they couldn’t compete for the objective resolved themselves to ruining the experience for the people who wanted to compete.
- Solution: Change the mechanics of the safe zone. Disallow any incoming AND outgoing damage/CC for people in the safe zone, and carry over these effects for 3 seconds after you leave the safe zone. It is crucial to carry over BOTH effects, so you dont have people dancing in and out of the safe zone, using skills, and then running back in.
- Solution #2: Once the immunity effects of the safe zone run out, you CAN NOT gain the safe zone effect for another 10 seconds. This will prevent aforementioned ‘dancing’ between safe and non safe zones.
4.) Maps like Inner Wall 8 make attacking infinitely harder than defending.
- Inner 8’s capture point only has 2 choked entry points. The defending team can focus their efforts on 2 simple choke points, while all the other guilds are busy fighting each other due to the corridor-like nature of the map.
- Solution: This format would be much better served on a more open map, Inner 8 is just too busy and riddled with choke points. Maps with more entry points (i.e. arrows) will help overcome the shortcomings of the server and game itself and allow for better strategy.