Tree of Savior Forum

IMC's fanart event is bias af

I didn’t like that event to be honest and it was never called a fan-art event (by IMC) to begin with, so I wouldn’t group it with these separate fan-art events we’re talking about:

It had anyone voting, which had lead to people asking for votes on social networks.

While I never liked that event to begin with (being clear I’m not defending IMC), but:

While I can understand that you could see some darker/brighter videos I can understand that this item could be simply meant as “don’t add any new effect (such as from weapons hitting things or animations or sounds that wouldn’t exist in game)”.

At most you can call them out for not being clear on some criteria/rules, but I wouldn’t call that as fraudulent at all.

you called it. >.< I wonder why this happens. :frowning:

it clearly states “any” additional effects, so fade-outs and other animations added to move from one scene to another one were forbidden(as they were “edited in” and not part of TOS original gameplay or the video recording feature of the game).
What’s so hard to understand here or easy to misunderstand?

It’s clear as a sunny day to everyone who uses his brain cells when reading a text. People didn’t abide the rules but instead of getting excluded, they were included in the choices.
But that’s not all. There was the paragraph that stated: “Your Teamname has to be visible all the time”, but still a video that didn’t show the teamname for a large part of the video did make it into the “selection” of videos up for voting.

If such obvious violations are ignored, it’s really questionable, and nobody at this point who has any feelings of justice inside him would defend this as
being non-fraudulent. Fraud is defined per law as an offense that also includes the act of actively or passively creating the wrong impression,thus misleading people in their actions.

This is fully covered here, as words like “not … any” and "always"
can’t be defined as “not any, but some” and “always, but not always is also ok”.

Anyway, it’s stupid to discuss this any further, since we can learn from this example that we cannot expect anything positive from these “contests”, and people will only grief anyway, so the best option is to stop submitting fanart and use the time to work part-time instead. With the money earned during that time, you can easily buy more TP than you get for submitting your artwork and have only a 1/x chance to get chosen by IMC.

1 Like

On this, ask @STAFF_Yuri then for clarification and suggest them directly on how to improve instead of calling it a fraud to demotivate people. They’ve already shown that they’re open to suggestions and improvements.

Since I’m not a lawyer I’ll pick the dictionary definition, I can’t see any financial or personal gain over one video being selected over another.

Fraud is a law term, though. The non-law term is deception, so to look for a dictionary definition of fraud is not really hitting the point.

I also called out to the Staff on the video promotional event but never got any answer, neither directly via PM nor indirectly by leaving a comment.
When someone accuses them of something they can’t refute, they suddenly become the 3 apes that don’t see, hear and speak it seems…

I’m not here to demotivate people, just stating what happened and that they can’t expect anything from the staff picks. The picking is non-“public” (e.g. via video shared over the net with the people reasoning why picking x and y, but not z) and subjective after all.

1 Like

Does this counts as a good law term source?

“n. the intentional use of deceit, a trick or some dishonest means to deprive another of his/her/its money, property or a legal right.”

Still can’t see the “all law term”, as in someone lost money, property or legal right, applied for something that was simply and just unclear.

Also, I’m saying to talk about it here: Let us discuss the “Fan Art Event”

Again, you can simply offer a best way to deal with it in that thread and it will be heard.

Any improvements, ideas, suggestions… always welcome for me.

I agree with you that OP has gone off the deep end, but that winner has won three times, all have been traces or vectors, which then encourages the behavior of the most egregious offender(s) this time around. And the next, and so on.

non sense? tell that to the people who agreed with me xD.
yes, I did no effort cause my friend just asked me to join again. do you have a problem with that?
what part of “this is not about me” don’t you get? are you really that slow? xD

1 Like

Hi, yes, unrelated- but can the next art contest include social media/gallery that proves they’re the artist/actually draws? I have some doubts on some entries (well just one so far) legitimacy- or at least public votes + final vote by judges.

if not, a new sub-forum for art contest submissions please. Makes it easier to short.

Also read previous winners couldn’t participate in the next round, from the first contest. Was that changed?

I think sub-forum could be quicker to handle. the last one, I have to look through. we did done some similar discussions but in rule, gotta make sure.

2 Likes

Its funny because it kinda seems like that is exactly what this thread is about.

This seems like a rage thread from someone who lost.

Yea silence gwa_pao he is more damaging than anything else, hes not being very constructive.

2 Likes

you know what else is funny? sensitive asses getting hurt over the internet when I’m not even trying to insult anyone :smirk:
I don’t see what’s hard to believe in that when my work is cleary plain af and like I said I thought mine was effortless and plain til I saw the winners lol.

Interesting, the amount of people you have targeted and attacked in this thread would imply other wise.

you know what else is interesting? it’s not even august yet and your period is already leaking.

And now hes sexist too

2 Likes

Suppress negative posts as usual. Total fail.

3 Likes

There is a difference between negative criticism and belligerent stupidity.

5 Likes

losing argument, better call someone stupid.
kids raging this days. :smirk:
am I too aggressive just because I back up my posts with proof? :wink:
did I hurt your feelings over the internet? :cry:

3 Likes

There’s not much I can help either side with…
All of the submissions are built on the same theme, and candy/chocolates is a huge part of valentines. Two submissions both sporting monsters as chocolates is not that far fetched.