Tree of Savior Forum

IMC will not listen to the opinions of non-paying players

Because you do not have money to give them. You could have a million people sign your polls and petitions and no one who counts would care.

They don’t think it’s a tragedy that they’re losing 50% of their player base because they know they’re losing 50% of 0 dollars. If you can’t pay, you don’t count, your opinion doesn’t exist, and your tears evaporate before they hit the ground.

So while you flood the forums with your hopeless complaints on deaf ears and blind eyes, useful threads about legitimate concerns, such as how horrible it is going to be to deal with no 1 to 1 trading on f2p accounts, go totally unnoticed.

ToS has some real problems - like the total inability to play with new players without making a newbie alt, combined with 500+ lvls of griding that will make it impossible to convince your friends to join when you know they can’t even play with the character you want to be on for months or years of grinding - yeah, ToS isn’t going to be a very good game, and that has nothing to do with the crap ya’ll are howling about.

6 Likes

They cared enough to delete their newspost. Must be doing something right.

5 Likes

Them cleaning up a deal they are no longer offering is not a community victory. It is a sure sign that they are deadly serious about the new deal, and that there is no way out of it.

6 Likes

then they should have made it Buy2Play in the first place.

people be flagging tos in steam too
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=441500423&searchtext=Tree+of+Savior
but idk if that will translate to anything tho

Nah. Steam isn’t these forums. There isn’t automatic flag actions - Gaben knows what he’s doing, and has human beings every bit as financially motivated as IMC reviewing the reports before action is taken.

And no human being would pull a profitable game because of people screaming at how they don’t want to pay anything for it.

Except they do. Because no one will play an empty server.

And that is your own opinion, not IMC’s

This is very true. The game is still broken in many aspects. Totally unfit for a OBT at this point. This is probably a byproduct of rushing the game development. And that is probably a byproduct of insufficient funds, which will explain the Early Access.

1 Like

ok when its enough its enough…

IMC is hard working of bringing the game to US

Nobody forced them to - nobody told them to spend their precious time on bothering with an international release

And all that happens here is complaining about it???

the game is NOT B2P its an early access and will be free after the period is over!!! nothing changed the game is free!!!

seriously i would be hella dissapointed as an IMC staff if all i read are complaints “bohooo 50 dollar early access so unfair”

GUYS THE GAME IS FREE FOR YOU you dont pay for itOTHERS WILL WHO BUY THE EARLY ACCESS so the game is staying alive!!! no money no game thats how business works!!! or you prefer a “buy the ultimate weapon for 1000 USD” in item mall??? you really complain about a 3 months early access and trash talk IMC???

shame on you! (to those who actually trash talk and dont deliver any good suggestions)

3 Likes

no one would argue if the $20 $30 and $50 have the same headstart

heck even f2p users will buy the $20 founders pack if its the same headstart as $30 and $50.

edit: was $20 lowest but still you get my point

No one will play on an empty server? Not a problem. As I’ve said before, Steam is a sales juggernaut. This game could have gone full B2P with no F2P option and underpopulation for such a high profile title wouldn’t be an issue for a long, long time.

As for my opinion - well, you might be right. It might just be coincidence that my opinion perfectly matches IMC’s actions.

I think that if they went B2P from the start there would be absolutly no issues at this point since people actually complaining about the money part of it are very few

It wont be empty server, even June when new servers are flooded there will still massive players will join existing servers.

The only real thing peoples rage about is they cant afford to wait 3 months because they can’t afford to support by action. Either financial problem or consumer principle right that play and try first, then only consider worth support or not.

so catering to an audience who will love a game and feel good about spending on it is not as profitable as regret-prone purchases of a sealed can that may or may not contain worms (can of worms, get it?) is a norm now?

well i’ll be damned. pretty sure this is why steam has a refund policy now, because sellers aren’t supposed to be screwing their customers like that.

1 Like

Sorry, I have money, but I don’t give it to them. (:slight_smile:

one can only wish. Shame on the fools crying death knells to this game because of this

And discrediting 3 years of work trying to make the best game assets (art + music), putting up dev blogs to show us progress, hosting a forum to keep the community together, polling our preferences for text + forum design, cbt with friendly / helpful GMs, putting game quality in the first priority and avoiding publishes whenever possible, prompt announcement from forum team… because they don’t care about the community and just wanna screw us over.

But that’s a lot of effort for a “cash grab”. Not to mention IMC did have game titles behind them.

All they did was announcing an OBT which couldn’t fall through (for various reasons).

I have 800USD waiting to be spent on ToS. (well, not on ToS anymore)
I don’t want to pay for this scummy business plan.
Hurting your own community for money is a great tactic, IMC.

you have any idea how much effort goes into a “perfect scam”? you’d be amazed. i hope you never run into those people.

3 Likes

IMC Games always stood for International Mining Cash Games. So yeah good luck to those who will try game.

1 Like

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/with-regards-to-community-concerns-about-the-founder-s-server-exclusive-access/145387

1 Like