Tree of Savior Forum

IMC, we need to talk

Why is that ? I’ve played FFXIV:ARR and it was good, I never had any issue and I enjoyed playing that game 100%. I just couldn’t continue cause I didn’t have a job back then to finance the monthly subscription.
Also they have a solid community with developer videos every week etc… and regular updates.

Similar to Zero.Sama, I’m not really making the connection there.

ARR is a fantastic game with good support, a high functioning client with beautiful graphical settings, and great performance, along with a metric ■■■■-ton of things to do, and to top it all of the game play is tight.

TOS is none of these things except maybe the beautiful part.

1 Like

When i said IMC was worse than LUG ppl didnt believe me. They are new, noob and reallyyyy greedy. I have lost interest completely in ToS solely because of IMC management, and thats a real shame cause ToS has so much potential.

1 Like

Very nice topic, i will follow (i’m brazilian and can’t play)

This conection problems is getting me 5 days off-line forcing me to play something else. I’m wondering about this FFXIV - AAR tough. The hard thing is i bough all the packs here, so i don’t wanna stop, still have more than 500TP on acc and i just want to play. simple as that. I hope IMC hears u @strigoimare

1 Like

Vix, of far the BMI is the worst company I have seen already adm a game, many bug, commerce this a shame, not answered ticket, descontecado for DG, 20 mega fiber and a ping of 220, have sent thousands of ticket asking for refund and none was answered, not on bug was not answered, is more than clear that the company does not know how to solve the problem and are trying to push the game and we have paid the same and not selling more accounts
We accept and go stopping gradually as many friends who have abandonram the TOS for having so many problems , decopcionado

I’m just gonna leave my bump here because OP SAID everything.

EVERY week I pray for at least 10 bug fixies.
But just 1-2 bug fixes that’s nothing big.

2 Likes

So same thing, different post.

There has been nothing but “talking”.

Again and again and again and again posts are made that are the exact same thing. I cant even go to these forums without being bombarded with a billion threads about servers and other crap. Im sure they know and im sure they are not even going to respond…because anything they say will just piss you off.

Beating a dead horse.

Neither is ARR, except perhaps the beautiful part.

I know many players left the game due to lack of an EU server (they did get one eventually, perhaps a number of players returned at that point), Crafting being made truly an unpleasant experience, gathering being of little use. Stale endgame content, running the same (2?) dungeons over and over again.

There was a big lack of response to feedback as well, the developer letters responded to the most ridiculous questions, while leaving genuinely important questions unanswered.

And the ‘community’ on the forums was the worst group of Whiteknight’s I’ve ever seen. You wouldn’t see a valued poster post anywhere but a joke thread because of this.

Perhaps we have different standards we uphold, I don’t know. But personally I am not so easily fooled by ‘flowers’

The game had a nice core, but it was crushed and made into a WoW clone. R.I.P. the best system of Crafting I’ve ever seen in a game.

You might not of played as much as I did, or (wanted to) love the game as much as I did then. I had high hopes coming from 1.0, and loving the idea of a Final Fantasy online game.

The ARR remake ended up taking the best parts from 1.0 and removing them. Tis a shame, but done is done.

1 Like

Think about this for a second.

If there’s a billion threads every day on the problems with IMC and TOS’s awful upkeep, and even if we consider the fact you are obviously exaggerating…

That’s a large number of unhappy people.

If I had an MMO with 10 billion subscribers, and 1 billion people had a complaint…I would probably listen.

TOS has a dwindling concurrent playerbase in the 10-15k range.

1 Like

Well we all know that. WE ALL KNOW ABOUT THE PROBLEMS.

Making a billion threads does nothing. We need just to have one major thread that way they dont have to search through a billion threads to see what people want. Have it localized.

There was literally nothing satisfactory about the 1.0 version of XIV. It was a heaping pile of flaming garbage and they did well differentiating the new game as much as possible from it.

Just look at the financial performance.

1.0 was an epic tank of massive proportions, they even gave people free subs because even they didn’t think it was worth the subscription fee. They dropped millions in recreating the game from scratch, fired the entire original development team, worked on it nearly from the ground up.

ARR has a steadily inclining player base (not massive but very steady).

I don’t think it takes an economist to tell you that you may be in the severe minority in your opinion.

1 Like

Because of the massive backlash specifically in the western market, combined with the real problem that indeed, they did rush the game.

But the core was very solid. Especially Crafting which back then was truly amazing.

Before or after they all but cut 90% or more of the games budget?
I will give them some credit tho, SE did some real amazing cleanup on any mention of 1.0. I was looking for some music of the game from back then, and could not even find anything other then a single track.

No, far less. As evident by the size of their team. [quote=“Zipzo, post:31, topic:249280”]
fired the entire original development team
[/quote]

I take it then, you don’t realise the most important part of why FFXIV failed. It was rushed. Developers don’t rush, their comporate CEOs make them rush.

Firing the entire team got the game watered down to a WoW clone. Yes ARR was more finished, more polished and had more content. Yet the quality of all of that was lower. So were the graphics. Its now 5, 6 years later? And the graphics are still worse then they were.

Indeed, because economists have little expertise on that subject. It is however a good example, as a sociologist would say, of how easily the public is influenced by information.

A lot of people say ARR is all better then 1.0, therefor ARR has no flaws, therefor 1.0 had only flaws. Therefor ARR is a great game.

It reminds me of Wheel of Time, where a Bard spread rumors untill suddenly the whole city believed them to be fact. They would even swear by it to be true.

Similar to WoW, with each patch people leave and come back. I do however know that many of the foremost Crafters left the game due the to changes being made.

@Zipzo, you may very well be right regarding the cash grab, but in the end of the day, that’s what most MMOs are. And, we like them, mostly, despite that.

But in any event, even a cash grab, to ensure maximum cash is grabbed, needs investment. And, they already invested a reasonable amount of funds into territory servers, which is not exactly cheap. So, if they intend to receive the maximum return on those, they need to pony up.

I have no problem paying for entertainment. I have been doing so for quite a while, and MMOs count on people like me. I have disposable income enough, a modicum of time, and I like the genre.

I want, at least, to be exploited efficiently, with the illusion in place =)

2 Likes

Well, this is awfully disgusting and I agree with you. I am not having problems with chars being stuck, but, still, I feel you.

Why hasn’t IMC answered the players yet?

1 Like

That’s a good question mate.
I’m from Brazil too, I did not got affected by this connection glitch, but there’s a group with a considered number here in Silute who did the tranfer and still DID NOT GOT ONLINE EVEN FOR TWO HOURS. And IMC is not EVEN giving a damn coming here, leaving US a note that “everything will be OK, we are working in a solution” or so. F2P os tomorrow. The Hell is here and now.

I wish regret could kill, so I’d be dead by now and wouldn’t have to face this crappy server issue. ;_;

2 Likes

If you generalize MMOs as business endeavors at their root, yes @strigoimare, but that’s not the case here. If we ignore for a second that every game at alls’ goal is to make money, TOS is in a different bracket of the ones that do it shamelessly.

In my time I’ve seen ~0 MMOs of any kind until TOS who felt the need to show a glaring inequality in shop item prices simply based on character sex. They could have made the male styles the same price as the female ones and nobody would bat an eye, but lest we forget, their TP shop items are absurdly expensive. In USD the token is ~18 dollars right? The only time I’ve ever heard of a higher sub is when they tried to charge 30USD a month here in Japan for Blade and Soul. You can guess how that went (they are F2P now). Is this game really higher triple A levels of polish that it’s “sub” really unlocks the game to the point where it surpasses games like WoW and FFXIV in breadth of content and overall worth?

There’s just no integrity any where within their business practices that we can see. They don’t try to hide it because there’s just no sense anywhere on this dev team to begin with, they are going for maximum consumer abuse, they’ll sell naked pictures of your mother if it brings them coin and TP purchases.

2 Likes

I don’t remember much in detail about 1.0 but I do have the lasting impression etched in to my mind for how it felt playing it. I have the original $80 dollar collectors edition so I felt the pain pretty deep.

What I do remember is boring landscapes that were copy pasted square by square, one of the most grave sins of a triple AAA high profile game especially for an MMO. An interface that was similar to navigating the periodic table. A stamina system that prevented you from leveling as much as you desired (who in the history of any game ever liked it when devs tried to limit your play time). Combat watch-ability that more resembled that of watching paint dry while occasionally taking damage. A leveling system completely hinged on repeating the same 8 leves at camps (only 8 a day?) that had no interesting elements to speak of in them (so no interesting, thoughtfully designed NPC hubs like we have now). Just boring crystal teleport camps. A miserable market system devoid of any sense (no AH, needed to go in to the market hall instance and check personal shops setup within).

And the crafting? I can get why you thought it was fun, but it was hugely RNG based and nobody likes putting in mats to craft a piece of poop because they smacked the wrong color with the wrong hardness.

As far as the graphics, all I can remember is they maybe sacrificed a bit of personal character fidget animations that made the character seem more real when moving, where as now they focus on making the controls feel more tight at the expensive of that “sluggish” feeling of lugging your character around, and I do recall Lima Lominsa being quite a bit more vibrant color-wise but literally aside from this vibrancy there was nothing admirable about the actual content of the game world.

None of this was a product of being rushed, it was just idiotic development, and TOS has a few blunders of similar epic bad…

Just passing by to BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP this topic until someone from staff appears.

Some people might not have seen it, so I’ll put this message regarding Silute connectivity here:

https://treeofsavior.com/FAQ/?n=402