Tree of Savior Forum

IMC, Suggestions on buff mechanics

Im working on my musketeer, which is at archer2>ranger>scout>rogue right now and i have some suggestions on some of the buffs.

My suggestion alleviates the annoyance of having to recast some of the buffs constantly and frees up some space on the action bar for controller. This idea could be applied to other skills as well.

Toggleable skills

My idea is to turn some of the buffs into toggleable skills. So instead of recasting constantly you just turn on the toggle and it will always be on.

Important: For each skill toggled on it would increase the SP consumption of other skills to make up for not having to cast it. It could be a flat number or a %, this is up to you.

Skill examples

Most of the skills wont be changed because i dont think it would make a difference. The only thing that would be changed is that is while toggled on, it would increase SP consumption of other skils by either a flat number or a %.

Swift Step
While toggled on, increases SP consumption of other skills by 3
Crit attribute requires lvl 6 or 10 swift step. Rest is the same.

Sneak hit
While toggled on, increase the SP consumption of skills by 2%
The difference with this skill is that it is pretty strong so i think it should be scaled differently.
Lvl1 increases crit when behind monsters by 48%. Each level adds 3% crit and at lvl 15 it will be 90% just like it is now. This means at lvl 5 it will be 60% instead of 70% which gives higher circles more value.

Evasion
This skill is fine imo. it is a strong skill and shouldnt have a toggle. keep the cooldown.

There are more, but i think this shows what my ideas are clearly.

I really hope you consider this suggestion IMC. It would work for other skills in other classes as well, not just archer.

Bump Knight

Bump````````

1 Like

Would have to make it a continual drain, not just an amp on skill casts. Reason being, skills like Swift Step apply on normal attacks as well.

Another system I’ve seen is mana reservation- where activating buffs reserves a portion of your mana bar based on the skill. You get the benefits until you disable the ability, however, your mana for other skills gets severely restrained the more buffs you have running.

Side note, wouldn’t work for Priests (to name one) due to the material costs, or any ability that doesn’t have 100% uptime, or any ability you don’t want to be able to have 100% uptime if you break it before the cooldown is up (such as Cloaking).

1 Like

Thats a good idea too. Id be ok with this one.

Maybe for skills with material cost they could figure something out… im not sure what exactly, but i think especially priests would enjoy a change like this too.

Youre right on the skills that dont have 100% uptime and cloaking. Not all skills should be toggleable. Like my example on evasion.

Do you know Perspective Distortion? And do you have ever used it? The SP-Drain is pain and I’m not interested in buffs for myself which drain always my whole SP which I need to use other skills. Im’ sorry that you have a problem by managing your key settings but I’m quite sure that you do not really need all your skills on your skill bar.

Noone is suggesting any skill constantly drain sp. Where did you read that?

The problem is I use all the skills on my skill bar, when I hit rank 8 it will be full and there are still more ranks. That’s not really the main issue though, it will still be on your skill bar, just on the second tab of skills.

Sorry, I have mis-read the point. If it just increase the SP-consumption of other Skills it can maybe acceptable but it very depends on the amount of the increasement in SP-consumption.

1 Like

How about adding a Stamina drain instead[casting SP cost is turned to Stamina cost at 1:1 rate and upkeep cosumes 1-2 Stamina per second]? That way it would actually make Stamina a stat that’s used in every class (the drain via running around is a joke atm) and that once you run out of Stamina, the buff effect gets canceled.
This adds more use to Stamina pills, Stamina increasing buffs that are useless for most characters ingame and Stamina increasing equipment.

This would also help against the idea of running around with an everlasting buff applied , kiting monsters while jumping around madly because you’d become unable to run away eventually, leading to your certain death.

Of course, this would’ve to be executed via an additional toggleable attribute for every skill that might get used that way (e.g. Monstrance of Priest could preserve the DEX increase that way) and only possible for the respective classes, giving them more advantage than people actually buying scrolls for the skills instead…

i dont know if im understanding correctly. SP cost to stamina at a 1:1 rate? we have an sp pool in the thousands and a much smaller stamina pool. One cast would empty it.

If you mean for each buff toggled on, each spell cast would drain 1 stamina per buff, that might work maybe… Dont like continual drain though.

This would depend on the buff. Right now there are many buffs that you can just recast and it is essentially everlasting. I just dont like the ones that are like… 45 second cooldown with 50 second uptime… this is just annoying to me to have to recast all the time. These are the buffs that i feel should be toggleable. This could be applied to longer duration ones too like priest buffs for example since they are also 100% uptime.

This would free up space for controllers since to me its no feasible to put the buffs on the second set and keep switching back and forth every 50 seconds. Already have enough cooldowns and skills to manage. I reserve the second set for things i dont have to press often, like toggleable skills…

Not talking about every single buff though. Like cloaking even though its 100% uptime i think should stay with cooldown.