Tree of Savior Forum

IMC: Serious Question - When if ever are we getting kTOS patches?

Wow your sensitive over poking fun at IMC.

Thanks

/20charssssss

Seems like North Korea is the one handling the updates. So forcing the issue might cause World War III.

Jokes aside, I think it’s safe to say that it will take at least 4 months before we could have kToS updates if we base it on the gap of the release dates of both servers.

2 Likes

We’ll get the first patch to ever hit Korea in about 9 months.

2 Likes

This makes me curious if anyone has actually done these calculations but I feel like it’s less than 4 months for somethings and they just pick and choose? For example, didn’t kTOS have all class mounts for a while now and only recently got the chicken and school uniform costumes? And yet, we get the costumes first and not a peep on mounts. I’m sure the same can be said about other updates as well. It’s frustrating to get cosmetic, paid for, content instead of seeing some actual progress on core gameplay mechanics that kTOS is receiving.

There’s alot of conflicting info about the Korean updates. Its best to pm someone who actually plays on there or post in this thread: kTOS General Thread (keep all in-game discussion here)

I think the Pengiun is the only mount that all classes can use. which was a recent update. the other companions are only mountable by the select classes.

Followed by a missile from North Korea i presume?
…need to check with our north korea representive here

Note that costumes and mounts are only miscellaneous so they could be released anytime. What we are expecting are the major contents so it may take some time.

1 Like

The missile would take longer and about 6-8 business weeks to reach it’s destination. I heard Korea was still in the 90s so their tech and development isn’t as fast as NA’s.

at least we know whats the rough estimation of the kToS patch now if we compared it to the data u gathered

Would like to know too. Please IMC.

I just wanted to build on this, just because there’s a 4 month gap in launch does not mean there needs to be a fourth month gap in release between kTOS and iTOS. Resolving locatlization issues shouldn’t take as long as creating and implementing new content from scratch. Additionally, I think players would like to see some effort being made towards implementing some of the completely game-changing mechanics that kTOS has, because all we’re seeing is effort being put into combating bots (I’m genuinely curious, does kTOS even have the report market item feature we now do?) and fixing the same bugs that seem to keep reoccurring (such as dungeon queues).

Just as a side note, I’m not trying to argue with you or anything, I am just trying to build on your comment in hopes that IMC can address some of these points in the (extremely unlikely) situation they address this thread.

1 Like

Now i really feel thats imc dont give a fck to itos at all

We are just a cashcow and guinea pig for ktos

Even Q&A in Itos main website answer about ktos patch (lol)

Currently i only log in for dungeon and mission (some day dont even login since its more like a chore than playing)

Now its a race between my patience and the day before update thats what gonna out first

And i sure the game will slowly die down if this still go on

1 Like

Hoping for the same,myself.

Was thinking 3-4 months myself before they skipped a bunch of stuff and gave us these school costumes.Now I really don’t know for sure.

It’s all quicker there because it’s their home server,with a big publisher helping them deal with any issues.I don’t at all mean this as an excuse for iToS,but anything they intend to bring over here is going to take longer with the lack of man power since they seem religiously devoted to stopping RMT/bots.

1 Like

Why do yo think shouldnt take long?

Localization is actually a much bigger deal than you probably think. For example, Korean games don’t have much of a problem with botters as scammers as it does in the rest of the world. Because you pretty much have tie your Gamer account with a personal identification number, like a social security number or a phone number that has to get verified. If you get banned for scamming or botting in one game, it couple possibly ban you in every other game you’ve subscribed to. Korean players are less likely to take that risk. which is why korean game designers can be more lenient on bot prevention measures. while in the rest of the world, its a matter of just making a new accounts, which can be automated with a computer program that runs 24/7

Also, it only takes 1 line of code to cause a bug and video games nowadays can have as much 10s of millions of lines of code. ( think about it, 10s of millions of points of failure) and Depending on project management, every time you put a patch, theres usually a about a week of regression testing ( Testing every feature in the system ) to make sure the new code doesn’t break existing functionality. if a bug is found, it pushes back a another week. this is not including another week or so of development time. so for brand new feature that doesn’t have single bug ( which almost never happens in the software world ) it would take a minimum of 2-3 weeks to get to the end user.

They have repeat this process for every localization and will have to maintain the different pieces of code that is unique for every localization. Its a very daunting task and is prone to errors. and the more developers you have, the more prone to errors it is. ( think about how many successful game launches you’ve seen in the past couple years, i bet you can count them on your fingers ) 4 month lag for anlot of system wide mechanic changes it think is pretty reasonable

its more complicated than what im saying but i think you get the gist. Games are exponentially more complicated then they where 10 years ago.

Source: Ive been running a custom software development firm for about 5 years.

1 Like

This is your area of expertise so I’ll take your word for it. Four months seems like an incredibly long amount of time but it does make sense considering the amount of work required. I’m in a fortunate position that I still have characters to get to max level and to get gear for etc. hopefully by the time I start reaching the real end game with them, some of these features will be implemented. But I guess this is part of the downside of playing a game based in another country and obviously doesn’t have the kind of manpower or money behind it like the big companies do.

But even I, who barely was around for much of the closed beta is starting to get frustrated by the patch notes every week, I can only imagine how people who have been in closed beta since the release must feel at this point.

1 Like

Yea i get your frustration. I remember when i first heard about TOS, back when it was called Project R1 years ago. I kept waiting for updates and was sooooo pissed. i guess im just used to waiting. plus dont really play video games that much anymore.

1 Like

I’m just going to live here till I get my Sorc bug fixes (ridingfixplz), Monk attributes, Boss Card patch and other Korean patch goodies.

3 Likes

so desperate ppl

almost every korean game to reach the rest of the world suffers this, RO is a good example, but for a non-cliche comment, look for… elsword for example, almost a year to get updates

all the experienced players that played games since 2 months old opening threads like this (and almost every stupid complain) are just showing how new are in this game-thing

I’m not standing up for IMC, there is a lot of things this game have to do, but everybody forgets this f*kcing game is in diapers yet, and u want everything as if you’re maintaining IMC (even if ONE person bought all TP packages availables until today, 200usd is not make u own a company, if u didn’t know), there are changes, even I think are a little slow (and not the better ones sometimes), but things are getting better, patience…

1 Like

If you want frequent updates you play a AAA MMO or at least european/western.

Ktos updates are coming in 2017.

1 Like