Tree of Savior Forum

IMC needs to respond on game's two biggest issues: Mob Spawns, Price Limits

@Staff_Julie @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_J

For some reason, IMC has yet to acknowledge the severity of the issues with the market price limits inflating many items beyond their value due to manipulation by gold sellers and the extremely reduced mob spawns. No explanation given, no mention of upcoming solutions, nothing. What we really need is a little reassurance that the problem is recognized. At least let us know it’s being worked on.

This thread specifies just how bad the spawns are:
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/doddlers-research-reveals-some-confusing-contradictions-in-the-way-monster-spawns-are-set/

And anyone who’s seen the Klaipeda price for Diligele knows what the problem is in the market place.

I get that the price limits serve a specific function, but surely hard price limits for certain goods or items would go a long ways towards both, enhancing the system’s effectiveness against gold sellers and combating inflation. Or perhaps some other inventive solution! Something, anything!

As for the mob spawns, the only people that’s giving an advantage to are bots, since they can teleport.

The issue here is IMC NEEDS TO ACKNOWLEDGE THERE IS A SEVERE ISSUE AT HAND. These two things are severe game play issues that are impacting players at a core level and need to be addressed immediately. More channels might help a bit too, but in the end, the major issue lies in the mob spawns. How is this game going to be playable when it goes F2P if it stays like this? It’s barely playable as it is!

Please IMC, make the game fun again or if there really is some technical reasoning or difficulty in doing so, explain what’s going on to your player base or let them know you’re working on it. Are you working on it? No one knows and that’s only going to breed a sentiment of resentment over time. Don’t do that. Tell us what’s up, please.

12 Likes

…price limits? rofl

Yeah, as in, can’t sell X item for below Y, or above Z price? The price limits?

Mob spawns and price limits are bigger issues than fps stutter and lag? lolwut

Optimization is a significantly larger endeavor then these which undoubtedly take less time to adjust but also notably increase player experience.

3 Likes

Not everyone has those issues and yes, core gameplay issues tend to be just as if not more severe than optimization. Optimization doesn’t do ■■■■ for those on toasters/high end machines the game can’t utilize if the game is busted all to hell even when their FPS is good. FPS doesn’t mean jack if the game is ■■■■ regardless. However, in the case of optimization, the director’s made a statement that it’s being worked on, hey cool, awesome. That absolutely is something they need to be doing.

But what about the game itself? It needs to be addressed. Also optimization is an ongoing process, the other is the changing of a few settings.

Price limit does nothing at this point. In fact, it only makes gold seller harder to catch as everyone has to overprice a random item to compensate for a wrongly priced item.

2 Likes

So the game is sh** because of price limiting but not fps stutter…? Just digging yourself deeper.

Edit: Whoops, I think I misread your post. Ignore me.

It does. It makes silver basically useless. The only thing you can do with it is actually rerolling your cubes and even that’s limited per day.

4 of the 5 items I want/need are never in AH cause the AH only allows them to be put in for a ridiculous stupid low price.

And since you can’t trade silver with players or buy other currency to trade THAT with someone else you are stuck with using your silver on rerolling cubes.

No idea how that’s healthy in any shape or form.

4 Likes

Tbh the game design itself frustrate me more than the FPS stutter.

Silver useless? Now I know you’re trolling. I’m sure you have lv 50 in every skill right? Every gem max level in every piece of gear + best class specific gems correct? Who are you kidding.

I have most of my skills maxed, yes, thanks for asking. Obviously not the R7 skills, since it requires 74 million silver, but before that? Not too hard imho. But I don’t have the gear because I have to find every piece of gear myself because there’s no way I can use my silver to actually purchase the recipe or the crafted gear because nobody can sell it for the actual value of the item / recipe because the AH is ■■■■■■■ stupid.

If you would take off your fanboy sunglasses you were able to see that this is the truth.

Digging deeper? You’re either in denial or trolling. Nice try, I’ve been to /pol/ too.

PS You can’t technically buy gems.

1 Like

So silver is useless because good stuff costs too much? That’s about the worst logic ever. Lmao fanboi glasses? I just made a thread listing everything wrong with this game.

Actually you can sell gems… Just goes to show you’re speaking on issues you clearly don’t understand. Put that shovel down m8

You mean good stuff like 25% drops ala Diligele being priced at 11k each, despite their primary use being to make hp pots worth 1.2k each? Yeah. That’s kind of not quite right.

[quote]Actually you can sell gems… Just goes to show
you’re speaking on issues you clearly don’t understand. Put that shovel
down m8[/quote]

Except you can’t. Unless you’re referring to socketting them into items and then selling. You know, on the market. That has price limits. That don’t account for gems. So you can’t sell that item at a value equivalent to it’s worth with gems socketted into it. Removing gems destroys monster gems and levels down a gem, ruining most of it’s value in the process, so that doesn’t work either.

Congrats, you’ve stumbled on the actual problem. Or at least a piece of it.

Who’s digging now? M8.

1 Like

Hey buddy, I don’t think this game only has 2 big problems.

2 Likes

Not by a long shot. It has lots of problems. It does however have two of it’s largest issues completely unacknowledged. Key point, unacknowledged.

No one is denying the stupidity of 11k minimum dilgele but to jump from that to silver is useless is pure absurdity. It’s also not even remotely on the same level as issues like stuttering and lag on $4k machines.

So in other words you can sell gems lol? It doesn’t matter how messy it is it’s still possible. Trying to falsely claim you can’t sell gems just to lend to your argument only confuses players that don’t know any better.

[quote]So in other words you can sell gems lol? It
doesn’t matter how messy it is it’s still possible. Trying to falsely
claim you can’t sell gems just to lend to your argument only confuses
players that don’t know any better. [/quote]

Oh I’m sorry, you can’t sell gems “directly”. You can sell gems if you socket them into an item first. But you can’t sell item at a value matching the cost of the gems, which means they are not sold on the market, (especially since you can’t extract them without breaking them), which means you can’t buy them with silver in any fashion what so ever and buying them with say talt, is hardly viable due to removing gems from sockets essentially destroying them, especially in the end game context. Which means you implying they somehow are attributable to the end-game value of silver to “get gems and best in slot gear” is an absolute false claim to lend to your argument and only confuses players who don’t know any better.

Also, again, a lot of people not on 4k machines aren’t having any performance issues. It’s not an issue of how much power you have, it’s optimization for a wider variety of hardware. A lot of mid range hardware performs fine because the game is already optimized for that. It’s also an issue already addressed by IMC and handled by a client code team, thus completely unrelated to the topic of this thread. Thus why you’re clearly a troll.

Making it a priority doesn’t even effect ongoing optimization efforts that were announced by the game’s director. It’s not handled by the same staff, because it’s a completely different skill set. The fact that you’re even in this thread, completely unrelated, ■■■■ stirring about FPS issues that have no bearing on anything what so ever in the topic title, pretty much proves your only purpose here is to troll.

Again, thread’s about acknowledging two of the most, if not the most important unaddressed gameplay issues, as mentioned in the OP. FPS has been addressed, it got a response from the director himself. So why won’t you stfu about in a thread that has no bearing on FPS anything what so ever? If you’re not denying that 11k minimum for dilgele is not okay while simultaneously going on about the value of silver, then I fail to see why you’re trying to act like it’s not that big a deal.

Not that it matters, since at this point you’re just here to troll as you have literally no reason to be posting on and on about your fps issues in this thread about server side gameplay issues, when yours is entirely client side. It just has no bearing, at all, on anything relevant to the thread.