Tree of Savior Forum

[IMC] How to fix the queue times and encourage team play. [UPDATED]

I think the suggested fixes are little too heavy handed. I could agree with all of them if they were about half as extreme as they are.

1. Merge the Eurasian server queues and the American server queues. Do not merge them all. The “280 ping is the same as 50 ping” line is complete bullshit unless you’re an elememe.

2. Allow queuing from anywhere on channel 1. I think this limitation (while completely meaningless as far as dungeon queuing is concerned) will help distribute players in a healthy way.

3. Add more drops from general dungeon monsters or align their drops with the normal monster. But there is no need to increase dungeon cube drop rates, especially if purple recipes may become tradable . The “I opened 500 cubes” line is also complete bullshit or a one in a million case.

4. Add a level synced dungeon much like battle league, but without the absurdly ridiculous handouts suggested. This dungeon should probably have a rank 5 minimum as well.

Remember, we are getting more lenient level penalties in the near future. This will have an affect on dungeon queues as well. The suggestions are simply way too extreme, for the reasons listed.

IMC should implement FFXIV dungeon system. If you don’t know, it includes:

• Level sync (down) to party with friends while giving exp
  • Roulette bonus system to match players in low queue dungeons
  • Bonus silver for low demand jobs
  • Queue from anywhere while you do other things

Other things they need to fix:
Dungeon diversity, rewards, dungeon lengths, loot rate, difficulty (lvl190 dungeon with 200 mobs)

4 Likes

If queue time is your main problem, then TOS can possibly try using NPC as substitute party members. I played a trash game called Elsword before and from time to time it has some events that will let NPC characters join your dungeon queue if the queue is over a certain amount of time. The NPC are not op at all. They die easily and will respawn and run all the way back to you. The NPC use same skills and classes like players. They are kinda slow and stupid but atleast they can do some damage. Probably will be weaker than geared players but atleast you can enter the dungeon with full party all the time. No more craps like party member dc, afk or leave, refuse to use potions and sit without fire.

Da ■■■■. What server are you on. My longest que has been like 20min and that happened once. im usually in the 5-6 min range and consider 10min long.

They got rid of these to accommodate regional pricing. If this comes back regional pricing goes bye bye.

Today I have tried to play and I stayed in the queue for 30 minutes, then I got bored and logged out. It is really annoying, and worse in the higher levels. I think they could implement a cross server queue, it would be good for everyone, and would give the real meaning of an international server (itos), because that the way that it is now, it doesn’t give us the truly experience of an international server.

5 Likes

we tried that. It didnt work. Also what server has these awful ques?

[quote=“thebloodyaugust, post:27, topic:326919”]
we tried that. It didnt work. Also what server has these awful ques
[/quote] I’m not suggesting the server merge, but cross server queues, it’s not only silute server that is facing this problem, so I think it would help everyone. My server is Silute and I was playing at 22:06 in my country timezone.

1 Like

Please refer to above comment.

Merge ≠ queue cross server. And it doesn’t have nothing to do with TP prices, stop talking like you are an imc manager, and think like a player :~

2 Likes

The only reason it ‘didn’t work’ was because there were to many players at launch, now there are not enough.

Also having all the servers queues merged has absolutely 0 to do with regional pricing, its the dungeon runs not the actual game world.

If you are going to reply with ‘but the game lagged’. That was because of the player overload, not the ping. So don’t bother because it would just show you do not know what you are talking about.

Orsha and Fedimian suffer from the queue problems, klaipeda also does. MOSTLY during offpeak hours for Klaipeda, the game is still playable for those lucky enough to play between 3pm-1am, For the other 13 hours of the day, welcome to tree of queues.

If you are really lucky (and this is the exception, not the rule) you will find people over shout, but it will take 15-20 minutes minimum and most of the time doesn’t work and you get pm’d with ‘play during peak hours’ like you actually have a choice with real life commitments and jobs.

I watch an alemeth group shout for over 2 hours on klaipeda yesterday, the guy went from 1/5 to 3/5 and then they gave up. There are just no players online in off peak hours.

Pretty obvious the population isn’t low enough to convince more support for this idea. I say wait six months and try posting this again.

Talking about regional pricing in instance queues…lol?

2 Likes

Like I said, Its during off peak hours. Go to fedi mission room one night (since its so easy to reschedule when you play) and check it out, accross all channels on klaipeda, the most populated of the 3 servers and you will not see even 15 people combined accross all the channels a lot of the time, with <15 in the mission queue, usually less than 10. It is like this during the mornings and most of the day a lot of the time also.

My regular ping according to ingame //ping is around 150 and stays playable til around 700~800. I don’t really care about lag and damage since I am running a support character but I get really annoyed when I miss a boss due to disconnection or just unable to move forward. That’s already on our region and you say you have the worse internet when you consider 150 a ‘bad’ ping. And you can count on one hand the number of times you disconnected? Ive already lost count. Before you start saying “get better internet service”, this game is appealing to many with shitty internets and you will be killing that percentage of the playerbase if this gets implemented.

As for drops, dungeon do have drops, it’s just really hard. The only dungeon with shitty drops imo is dungeon 165 with [tilly] equipments. Dungeon 50 is understandable since it’s the first dungeon and gives great exp/hour at that level, cheaper rerolls.

For example, petamion has the worst drop rate in my observation but it encourages a lot of people to queue for it.

For the random queue, seriously, how are you going to compensate stat differences. Let’s say you standardized their equipments and level to 200, the stats will still be subpar and it will just cause more death. You can’t even cooperate because a peltesta cant tank properly without much hp, a wizard wont deal enough damage to save said peltesta, archers will take forever to take down a boss and the cleric will just be dead with one swipe. The game is not reliant on level but more on stat investment, equipments and class bonuses. This is the reason why IMC scales the enemies instead of the players. I just used pvp as an example because that place uses the standardized system, equal levels, minimal equipment effects, pure stats and skills(player and system)

why not make, you know, friends or join a guild for dungeons.
Invite people you know to the game, help improve the abyssmal server population, use the party helper to locate people at similar levels. When the population is low, there tends to be a closer relationship among players…atleast that was for ragna

ok, theres no reason for you to disagree with a fix just bcause you dont get the issue. make a characvter on klaipeda and try saying that again. so shellfish

2 Likes

nobody in this game wants to party (yet complain about “tree of solo”) and guilds are usually full of 200+ and imc made joining guilds difficult ( i never knew how to join one the first 6 months of playing this game)

2 Likes

I get 280-400 ping on average it fluctuates, its not me saying 150 is bad. This game runs completely fine up to 700ish like you said.

What country and region do you play in?

As for random queue, Your stats are scaled up or down to what they would be at 200, thats the whole point. There wouldnt be a ‘stat’ gap, only a class skills one (higher ranks having better damage/skills).

This could easily be fixed by limiting to rank5 instead of a level, this way people have more than enough to deal with lvl200 enemy’s regardless of if they get higher ranked players. Or you could scale up lower ranked ability damage based on the party’s average level.

The whole thing is an IDEA that can be adjusted to work in lots of different ways so that we can actually get short queues and play with people of larger level ranges. There are many ways to adjust it to compensate for this.

1 Like

The last option is to…shout, spam shout lol. But srsly, find people on your level range and on the same timeslot, they might be feeling your suffering too and just gave up from queueing. Atleast when I find that there’s nobody queueing, i just go to another dungeon, even if the level wasn’t matched with mine

1 Like

Dude shouting doesn’t help, there just are not players online lol We DO shout, hell, the games so dead in these times that there is no shout traffic, you might see one every 5-10 minutes, so you know everyone is seeing it.

2 Likes

I was just assuming it was similar to pvp standardization. You should have seen their reaction when I (pure int build) showed up with 6k hp. Well they weren’t rude but it’s like having a teemo in a ranked game of league.