Tree of Savior Forum

I'm worried about the alchemist

Hello saviors…
first i need to say that i’m terrible expressing myself in english, and so i did my best to make this post as understandable as possible, it took me a lot of time to do this, so please, bare with me.

now to the point:
whem i first joined the game, i knew right from the beginning the class i wanted to be: alchemist. I love the overall concept of the class.

But during my playthrough, and some forum research, some worries hit me hard.

those are:

1- It is possile to an alchemist hit the level cap? Most people seen to stop around lvl 225. why?

2- Do alchemists have any other role besides being a secondary character wich the only duty is to suply your main with potions and silver?

3- and if none of those are true, why people seen to be okay with that? why i don’t see people addressing this issue more oftem?

4- is there any hope for the class in future patches? Is the team working on ballance issues?

Thats it for now, thank you for your atention. May the goddess watch over your adventures

Stop around 125? You can’t be an alch at 125, alch starts rank 6, unless you meant most people stopping at 125, which I don’t believe they do either

Nope, if you take Cryo3 - Linker yeah. Grinding parties will want your skills

sorry… 225, edited.

Oh, they stop at 225 which is the common level to reach rank 7, access to gem roasting afk shop. and higher level mixing

As @Lostac said, many only want a silver income source and many stop at a certain Lv, not sure about being at 225 since its when you do your R7 advancement. I myself am 247 on my sorc and my class Lv is 8 or 9.

But i would believe they would jump all the skills in C1 except Tincturing to save these points for C2 (10 extra points, 5 to max tincturing and 5 to max roasting).

On iCBT at least i was Alch, of course at that time Alch had all skills unlocked at C1 for testing purposes but still, i could make pots on spot for me and my friend archer while she and my summon was killing stuff around.

^ This was on the 2nd iCBT at Dullahan.
On a side note, i wish they make the tincturing go to the way it was in this video, that way we wouldn’t have to worry about it stopping constantly.

Alchemist, as Pardoner, are crafting classes, Alchemist have an advantage since for pots, you don’t need to stand still to trade your pots (not sure about pardoner, never played one so it is just my guessing).
Other thing is, all the classes need fixes and balancing, for example, Combustion works well, but the way you trigger it is a pain in the ass, even with the attribute to use the silver before the items, other thing, when you use it, it consume all the items, not only 1, so if you use that on a boss drop, you will lose your cube and probably the silver (but only yours, not te party), so becareful if you are using that skill.

I would guess so, otherwise they can say goodbye to the players and the money invested, i just think they are missing some important stuff, and most of the CORE fixes and balancing from kToS should be here already, but who knows how their workflow and planning is, only them.

1 Like
  1. Hmm no need to rush an alchemist to level cap unless rank 8 is released. Just start another character and do daily mission runs on your alch, grind/quest on it if you feel bored on other characters. At rank 6, max tincturing for emergency potion requirements and 1 or 2 points into awakening. Then save all the skill points to immediately max tincturing and gem roast (optional) when you reach rank 7, hence people stop at 225 ish.

2. Well alchemist is a crafting class, there isn’t much use to alchemist other than making potions, awakening and maybe gem roast/briquette. If you feel bored you can always play around with magnum opus and hopefully find some interesting recipes.

3. Potions adds up to a lot of silver cost, by making a alch you’ll save millions, this goes for finding awakening services too since not all alchs are readily available. Potions sell like crazy in the market.

4. Dunno. There is no other potions that can compete with alchemist’s potions so they got that going. Awakening and briq is also unique to alchs. Magnum opus takes time and hopefully when you find a good recipe some alch don’t post it online and make it useless.