Tree of Savior Forum

I'm lost and I need you

Hello everyone,

I’m going to give you some context and then I’ll ask you a few questions.

First, I want to apologize, this may seem obvious to some of you but I’m returning to Tree of Savior after many years. New systems have accumulated and I feel lost.

As I was saying, I’ve been back to Tree of Savior for several weeks. I hadn’t played for many years.

I play an archer and when I resumed playing, my build was: Archer/Sapper/Falconer/Wugushi, which worked quite well back in my day.

Upon my return, I quickly noticed that my equipment was completely outdated; for example, I had the Masinios Bow +11 as a weapon. (Yes, it’s that old :slight_smile: )

I also noticed that I missed the POPO Boost event by a little. So I feel like I’m progressing the old-fashioned way.

I learned gradually and with much confusion about the multiple systems that have accumulated over the years: goddess equipment, enchantments, ichors, Vaivora vision, new equipment pieces, reputations, new cards, goddess cards, the listing of activities on a board, and more…

I must say that catching up on several years of content has made me feel like going back to school and studying very seriously to pass an exam.

I watched a lot of videos (ShanochiTV’s videos really helped me), consulted many posts on the forums, but I also noticed that once in the game, many things seemed obsolete. For example, with skill gems or Vaivora vision, I’ll come back to this in the questions.

(There was also a moment at level 460 when, thanks to an NPC, I was able to assign some sort of stat to my equipment by filling the XP of several dozen potions (that was the required ingredient) and then upgraded to superior equipment, this system disappeared and was no longer assignable to the new equipment.)

Here’s the current state of my character:

Level 509. Archer/Mergen/Cannoneer/Sapper

Equipment:
Reservoir bow + trinket (+14, +14)
Reservoir cannon + trinket (+14, +13)
Falouros Leather (armor, pants, gloves, boots) +14/13/13/13
Isidavie Pyktis accessories (+15, those given as rewards through the main story)
Fire Flame (rank5) Mergen + Cannoneer
Advanced belt
Advanced shoulders
Crown level 4 (level 2 gems inside, including a black gem that is useless to me but I had to fill the empty space with something…)

I had to stop in the main story quests because the monsters on the level 490 maps bust my face. I seem to be terribly lacking in DPS for this content.

However, I was able to collect all the reward chests offered for all the other stories and that allowed me to progress a bit, or at least give me the impression of having progressed.

So, you know pretty much everything, and despite all this, I remain relatively lost and hope you can help me see things more clearly.

Here are a few questions I have:

1. How do you get colored gems? Previously, monsters dropped them quite easily, but now I understand that none drop them anymore.

2. Stats => I put everything into STR but the more I advanced in the game, the more I noticed I was fragile. So for now I’ve reset and put everything into CON. I must have around 3100 in STR and 1800 in CON, I think. Do you have any advice?

3. Build => I like the build I’m currently playing. If you have any suggestions though, I’m open to them. I saw the new archer classes but I must say I’m light-years away from being able to unlock, for example, the engineer. The prerequisites are quite high, especially for a “returning player”.

4. Achievement/Adventure journal => I have a tag that indicates 24. I’ve gone through absolutely all the success lists and I haven’t seen anywhere to collect these 24 rewards. I assure you, I spent 30 minutes going through everything without success. So I have this number 24 that stays there without me being able to do anything about it. Do you know what it refers to?

5. Seal => How do you progress this damn accessory? I don’t understand anything about its progression. I have a common Boruta seal +2 and that’s it, I don’t know how to get another version, how to progress it, for this aspect I’m completely lost.

6. Aether gem => I think I more or less understand the concept but I’m not sure. It seems like I have to do multiple monster hunts using scrolls and after a certain amount of fragments I can choose a gem. However, I believe I have to unlock the slot on each weapon? And if I upgrade my equipment through the “succession” menu in “goddess equipment”, will I lose those gem slots?

7. Vaivora vision => It’s through story rewards that I was able to progress one Vaivora vision. I feel like progressing the others will require a lot of effort and components. For example, the story of the “condensed Vaivora Transmutator recipe” completely lost me. A video by ShanochiTV addresses this topic, but it is marked “Outdated” :cry:

8. Skill gem => I kept some archer skill gems that I had a hard time getting from monsters, the drop rate was so low. I stored these gems in the equipment storage and saw that there’s a new NPC that allows some sort of gem combinations. The equipment storage allows me to infinitely create the skill gems I’ve previously recorded, but it seems like the NPC doesn’t accept them. When I try a combination, the animation starts but nothing else happens, I don’t receive other random gems. How do you get skill gems? Do you still have to kill monsters repeatedly or is there a more practical way to get them in the dungeon/raid list?

I think I’ve covered what I’m really confused about. I hope I haven’t bothered you too much with all this.

Thank you in advance for all your advice.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome back.

1. Colored gems: You can get these from the old “Party Quests” from one of the mercenary NPCs, they will reward boxes that give you colored gems. I recommend looking up a guide to make it as fast as possible.
  2. Stats: Usually its recommended to get your main damage stat from invested points, and invest in CON or Leather/Medium offsetting(Damage reduction stats) on your ichors to improve your survivability.
  3. Your build is pretty functional, but i would recommend swapping out Cannoneer for Falconer to increase the power of Mergen and Sapper (especially if you get a sapper[3] earring) to improve their hitcounts. Im sad to say that Godeye and generally classes unlocked through time limited leticia boxes are much higher powerlevel than other classes, but it is what it is. In the future if we get another popoboost event, i would recommend making a swordsman or scout for smoother gameplay if you dont mind since they have pretty good free to play classes compared to other class trees.
  4. In one of the categories, you can right click the growth category to reveal several chapters, this might be the ones you are missing.
  5. I believe Boruta seals right now are obtainable from Hunting Grounds Unknown Sanctuary 3F, which is pretty out of your league, i would suggest buying lower level seals or fragments from market if you wish to enhance your seal, you need 2 copies of the same level to attempt the next level, and if they fail, both of them break, i suggest staying at +3 for as long as possible unless you desperately need the Jurate seal (upgraded +5 seal) gearscore.
  6. Unfortunately, Aether gem socket slots are unlocked per succession tier, so you will need to level 500 keys from the Lada coin store to unlock the level 500 aether gem sockets, lower level gems can still be used, but the socket key needs to match item level. Its pretty expensive at level 500, so you can put it off for a bit, and try to level your gems passively in the meantime.
  7. Vaivora vision: Unfortunately, Vaivora visions are pretty tough to upgrade the traditional way compared to getting them from popo boost or events, i recommend attempting to find the level 1 vaivoras on market if you can, and waiting for events/future popoboosts to get level 4 vaivoras that you need.
  8. Skill gems: There is a new way of obtaining skill gems, which contain bonus stats on top of their skill bonus, you can get the fragments from fieldfarming or from purchashing in the Previous Goddess Token Store (vakarine) with Vakarine coins, which can be bought with the current seasons Lada coins with the Change Points button.

Hope this helps with some of your confusion, not a lot of people use the forum anymore, so i recommend checking out the official discord instead if you want quicker answer to your questions!

1 Like

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. All this information will be really useful to me.

I just logged in and was able to collect the 24 rewards from the “Achievement/Adventure journal” section thanks to you ! They were starting to gather dust hehe :sweat_smile:

You mentioned skill gems with additional bonuses, but my last question was mainly about the “naked” skill gems, the ones that can be combined at the NPC Naujoves in Fedimian. It seems that I can’t combine skill gems that I created previously using the “Equipment storage” menu, can you confirm this?

(at the moment I only have 3 skill gems from other class)

Once again, thank you for taking the time to respond ! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s very much appreciated and will help me continue my little adventure.

The combination menu you have there, gives you a random skill gems of one of the classes of the gems you input from the 5 gem slots, you cant use the equipment storage ones, cause that would obviously let you make an infinite amount of gems, they need to be of the tradable kind. Its quite wasteful, but it also gives fragments that give you a selection box (you need to combine 5 gems 10 times for this) Its quite inefficient, but its possible to farm skill gems without stats from certain maps with challenge mode solo if you have a low level character that can do it.

Make a new character and redo the episode 1 main quest (should take an hour or two): you will get a bunch of colored gems from quest rewards and more from chests inside the Crystal Mine.

Stats don’t matter much, but usually you want str or int for your dps char. For my endgame characters I aim for roughly 2500 CON. If you can’t reach that value just get medium/leather offsetting lines in your ichors instead, damage reduction works as well as more hp for survivability. To get more CON you can also keep the original default ichors when you will switch from level 480 equipment to level 500 equipment (the default ichors give CON/atk vs all/crit rate/offsetting).

Engineer is niche, the only reason to use it is because you were there when the class was released and you could make a character of the class without unlocking it. Half the achievements to unlock “phase 2” classes are ridiculous (“phase 1” classes are easy since you can buy an unlock voucher from various NPCs or events for a few coins). For the most part if you want an efficient build you need to get the p2w class from your base class aka Godeye for Archer. Currently there is no way to get that class except from market if you’re lucky and there is an unlock for it on sale.

You don’t. Seal is a dead end item. The only thing you can do is complete the main quest, there is a reward around episode 13 or 14 that gives you a +3 seal. There is absolutely no way currently for any player that doesn’t have Jurate seal to get one, so you’re stuck with +3 Boruta for the rest of the game.

To get level 480 aether gems and keys to unlock the slots you have to go to the “previous season” NPC, choose “Vakarine season” and buy some bounty hunt scrolls (I recommend Klaipeda bounties they’re probably faster to do) and then complete the bounties. Usually one bounty gives you 1-2 fragments (you need 20 for a gem), and you get a key every 10 or so bounties. Then you run Bernice dungeon to upgrade the level on your aether gems. Unfortunately you have to unlock the slots for every tier of equipment, and level 500 items don’t require bounties to get keys, but buying recipes from the “Lada season” shop with 7.5 million Lada coins. The recipe itself requires 200 advanced blessed shards to craft, which is an INSANE amount for a stupid aether gem slot. And you need FOUR of these…

The old system is outdated and too costly. The best way for players to get VV visions was through events, but it has been a while since I’ve seen VV in events :frowning:
Your best bet here is again via the market. Or wait for next popo boost.

You can get them at the same time you get the aether gems from bounties. But you get a random gem each time. Otherwise use “Vakarine season” NPC, they sell some.

1 Like