Tree of Savior Forum

Ignas plate bottom and top issue

Well yes, because it is one.

Yes, why not? It didn’t say anything else.

1 Like

The problem is not in no block/eva - it’s the poor design when full set nullifies half of itself. It would be more reasonable to have Fortitude buff proc from being attacked not on successful block that is very awkward now.

Btw, on Re:Build you can have block > 0 even with 2H weapon, thus being able to block while using 2H sw, mace or staff

1 Like

I don’t quite understand why some don’t see the wrong in this

When you get attacked you get more dmg via higher max attack but can’t evade or block. The set iself gives block stat

The mere fact it is not included in the description is a sham already. True we dont expect to get all the good stuff, but what the game lacks in many aspects is TRANSPARENCY

5 Likes

Oh and thank you to OP and @Privaron For this info. For some builds, I think if this is intended Ignas plate top/bottom ichors are useless.

I’d rather have evasion to proc, say ignas leather boots/gloves’ +crit rate, than +750 max attack.

Thank you for saving me hundreds of millions silver and the stress for it :grin:

Fortitude buff IS proc’ing on successful block though. And sure we can block with Crossguard from Highlander but that’s just retarded since we’re already squishy enough to stand in place for a small amount of block and get killed. I only use crossguard to proc stagger on annoying archers(Mergen) or scouts(BM/SRs).

The problem here lies on two things:

1- Lack of description.
2- People wanting to block + get 750 attack + 59CONx4. Basically Meta.

And IMC clearly stated on their blog that they wanted specific classes to wear specific armors:

Ignas Cloth for offensive Wizards/Clerics
Ignas Leather for Scouts or Archers with Ignas card.
Ignas Plate for Swordsman.

Turns out everybody wants to wear Plate armor with Plate Ignas and be tanky as f*ck in PvP.
NOPE.

Edit : I’ll link the source to back up my arguments: https://treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=1534

“After the [Re:Build] patch, we plan to introduce new class-specific types of armor mastery, including effects that are relevant to the characteristics of each class. Each type of armor will continue to be compatible with different class trees, namely Plate for Swordsmen, Cloth for Wizards, Leather for Archers and Scouts, and Cloth/Plate for Clerics.”

Edit2: Fortitude typo.

THERE YOU GO.

I don’t think that this is what they meant.

Swordmen are the ones who benefits the most of block mecanic, I don’t see how this wrath buff was designed to them

The whole point of the 0 evasion/block is to allow the buff to generate stacks as it only generates stacks when being hit. This also helps keeping the buff up.

Ignas Plate is meant for offensive and defensive Swordsmen and Clerics.

Fortitude buff from Boots and Gloves(1,500 MDEF/PDEF) will always proc if you block, which is meant for classes like Peltasta that block 99% of the time.

Wrath buff from Top and Bottom(750 attack) will proc if you get attacked (Evasion and Block don’t get you stacks) which is meant for Doppelsoeldner builds, Fencer builds, Dragoon/Lancer builds. As well as Monks, Inquisitors, Paladin builds.
Murmillo is on a weird position mainly cause it can be built offensively as well as defensively at the moment.

But people here wants to run Ignas Plate with Archer, Wizards and expect to block, get 750 attack and also 1,500 MDEF/PDEF ALL-IN-ONE and that ain’t gonna happen. They got jebaited by the 59 CON per piece, which is preferred by everyone who do PvP.

Edit: Clerics fall under the same Plate category as stated on the blog for obvious reasons that i completely forgot, aka Monks/Inqui/Pallys being ‘physical damage dealers’.

1 Like

I do PvP and I prefer debuff resistance from Cloth over 59 CON

IMC devs give perfect examples on how not to make items every time, there is no middle ground in gear strength its ever 100% useless or useful. Thank god this thread went up because i was so close to fuckin-g my velcoffer gear with this useless item. Why would you even consider make an item have a bonus to block chance but make it remove your ability to block/evade.

1 Like

Ehm, no it is. You need to block an attack to get Fortitude stack. While Wraith buff is on, you can’t block anything -> you can never gain a single Fortitude stack. And that is the whole point of the discussion - Ignas Plate set itself amputates half of his own traits. That is obviously strange at least.

And sure we can block with Crossguard from Highlander but that’s just retarded
Gosh, who is talking about something as stupid as this. You can block with any class and without shield as long as you have Enchanter’s buff. On Re:Build it gives block even if you don’t have shield equipped.

I think you clearly miss the point, that Plate full set can’t be used AT ALL by ANYONE. Due to the Wrath buff making it impossible to get Fortitude buff. It two buffs from ONE SET but one is automatically disabled if you use all 4 items. Before pouring salt all over the places try to actually understand the current mechanics of these items.

3 Likes

I confused Fortitude with Wrath that was a typo. And in fact you can get Fortitude stacks before Wrath procs but i made 3 posts to explain that you’re not meant to get both buffs but instead just 1 depending if you’re offensive or defensive swordie/Cleric. That’s the point.

I have stacked both Fortitude and Wrath on my doppelsoeldner. *Edited

They are both % to proc. but they can be stacked as well.

Did you even watch the test video?
You can’t chose between offensive and defensive modes like you are deliberately implying while wearing all 4 items at the same time. As soon as you get Wraith buff that will happen like in a second if you are fighting monsters in late game, you won’t be able to get any Fortitude stacks for 10 seconds. And getting full stacks (and sometimes - any stacks) of Fortitude before getting Wraith in most of the cases would be just impossible. As it is now the best way to use Ignas Plate - separate buffs for separate purposes. And that’s the main concern - why 4 pieces of the one set are worse and inconvenient to use, than just 2 items from the set + smth else. Answer - bad design.

I am not arguing that without debuff Ignas Plate set would’ve been to OP and absolutely universal. It would me. What I’m telling is that using full 4 items set will leave you only with one buff instead of two buffs, that is extremely strange. They give us 4 items set, but two items won’t work if you wear them all together.

1 Like

Ermm yeah I quite don’t understand why he doesn’t get the issue

You definitely can choose. Do you want to proc only Fortitude? Stack over 1.5k-2k block + enchant jewels, i believe Peltastas and Paladins can get that much with C button.
Anything else gets Wrath buff, period. You can’t go hybrid on this and you’re not meant to do both cause is unbalanced in PvP.

Don’t think there’s much to argue about this anymore.

need to test manual blocking while under wrath buff to be sure

Don’t think there’s much to argue about this anymore.

Yeah, that’s for sure - you just lack the game and mechanics knowledge to argue about anything.
All your 2k block will go down the tubes after first Wraith stack you will get in couple of seconds in any end game content. If you think that 3, 4 even 10k block will stop you from getting hit -> activating Wraith -> getting no block and no Fortitude, then, well…

There is no choice - you will always be forced to Wraith, no block and no fortitude. The only way to have Fortitude and play defensively - not to wear Wraith pieces. Which is fine with me, btw. All I’m saying is that IMC made a completely flawed four items set. Ignas Plate is perfectly fine if used as separate 2 and 2 items. But having four items in a single set that negate each other - that’s just sloppy designing. I don’t know how many times everyone need to explain you this simple things, honestly.

But don’t push your narrative about having a choice between offensive Wraith and defensive Fortitude options while wearing all four pieces. You are fundamentally wrong.

And therefore, I rest my case.

4 Likes

i have to say some ppl prefer to be bish than caring little about other people, they only cry when they meet troubles, when others met troubles, they laugh, or pretend to be wise. this just ruined their build, just cause of the joke of 750max atk/250max atk without knowing after that evasion/block will be 0 beforehand.

5 Likes

good thing I just finished my set … oh wait… :kms:

1 Like

+700 MAX atk is not that a thing on “glass cannon”…the drawback is too heavy. I didn’t even care about this buff first, i took this ichor for the CON and block (i play enchanter and i try to stack block to profit of enchanter buff)

There’s no way you’d say to a strong dps to put this s.h.i.t (maybe for pve, or boosting damages on boruta/velco…)