Tree of Savior Forum

Ideas for buffs to Pyromancer

Don’t get me wrong, I think I understand what IMC is trying to do with the Pyromancer class. I think it still has some potential, but its held back by long cooldowns or lower uptime on some abilities.

Here’s what I think should happen to Pyro to keep it in line with IMC’s intentions, and also make it strong but not overpowering.

• Make a fireball attribute that stops the Fireball from exploding on contact and instead make it have damage pulses that push back nearby enemies on contact up to 5 times. The damage pulses can be weaker (0.1 final modifier of the Fireball’s original damage, and up to 5 pulses).

This would give Wizards some defense against small and medium enemies that can be pushed back and try to come in close. This could be rebalanced for PvP/Battle League to only occur once per Fireball. I think by having this attribute, it makes Pyro C1 a very viable first line of defense option for Wizards to consider picking up the circle. I think this is what IMC had intended by making the Fireball explode on contact as opposed to ticking over time, but I don’t think it is working as intended.

• this requires the previous suggestion, but also… Make a Fireball attribute that anchors it in one place

This may seem counter-intuitive, but this attribute would allow Pyro Kino to be viable again in PvE. Right now it simply isn’t viable to try to use PP on the Fireball and expect much out of it.

• Remove the AoE ratio of Firewall tiles. Make it like Frost Cloud where each tile can hit as many targets as possible. Remove Firewall ticks being removed based on the AoE Defense ratio of targets and make them 1 per target, always.

This is basically mandatory if Fire Wall is going to see more effective use, especially with Linker as nerfed as it is.

• Make Flame Breath last as long as it is cast, without the 7 second duration period.

I really think that this skill is limiting enough as it is, anchoring the Wizard in place. It really shouldn’t have a 7 second max duration attached to it. As a C3 skill, I think its fine if it lasts as long as the wizard is casting it.

• Buff Flare to 5 OH, and make the cooldown 20 seconds

It already has the condition of burning required to be activated. It doesn’t need to be on such a long cooldown.

• Extend duration of Flame Ground from 8.4 seconds to 12 (damage adjustments can be made)

This is strictly to make using Flare a bit easier. The buffs to Fireball and Firewall should help, too but having an extended duration of Flame Ground would be nice.

3 Likes

I think it’s super valid, however, for Hell Breath, I think there should be a Focus attribute as it has some Psychokino skills.

I think simply 1 thing, give attribute to pyro that apply burn effect on all pyro skills, 5% with 10s and 100% matk + elemental atk.

Most pyro skills already apply burn debuff, flame ground and fire pillar don’t even have a target limit and fire wall was buffed to burn for 10 seconds after hit.

No one ever thinks or remembers that Cryomancer rod mastery and pyromancer Staff mastery are useless attributes.
I agree with Flare getting a cooldown reduction.

The mechanics of the current Fireball are fine.
The burn attribute could stand to have its proc rate increased or guaranteed.
Fireball has a “unique” existence in the wizard tree because it persists for up to 95 seconds.
This is a niche use but makes for an interesting skill in and of itself. Outside of that Sapper traps would be the most similar thing in concept, but you can’t move a Sapper trap.
Being a low cooldown means of applying Flare would be sufficient for general use if its burn rate went up.

I like the new Fireball. It is weaker than the pre-renewal version of Fireball, but it interacts still pretty well with JP and Flare, which needs a lower cd. Flame Ground is okay but for my playstyle it is more a filler in combo with Fire Pole 1.