Tree of Savior Forum

Ideas about Swordman Shield classes

:hi: :hi: :haha:

I want to propose to remove “Slithering” skill and put back “Shield Charge” skill. “Slithering” could become an attribute from rodelero that makes you able to move while in “C” mode with a shield (Guard: Defense).

Moreover, i want to propose to remove the knock down effect from “Shield Push” skill debuff (Unbalanced) which makes it hardier for swordman classes, pushing enemies back. “Shield Push” skill factor is too low too… Same for “Shield Shoving”, “Targe Smash”, “Rim Blow” and “Scutum Hit” skills. Knowing that this skills only deal 1 hit, i think that it should have higher skill factor or deal more hits.

Anyway this changes would not make them rly stronger i think… they would cant reach WBRs because of buffs and attributes and etc… for example, high guard from peltasta reduces his critical rate (and the attribute reduce 20% its damage) while other classes increase it and increase the damage instead of block etc. They will cant anyway, i was trying to give them a way to at least be more usefull easier and early on content like CMs, raids, etc. I think that they need to invest too much on attributes and enhance arts to be usefull (and still they are not because they have not too much multihit skills. this will be solved a little with langort and butterfly but i think that they still need some arts or attributes that transform them into better DPS classes reducing their defensive roll (making them able to switch between tank and a decent (not the best) DPS roll))

So i want to propose two Arts:

Peltasta Attributes/Arts:
Langort: Extended Point / Valkyrian thrust
Adds 1 second of casting time to Langort skill (the caster is able to move while casting)
Overheats reduced to 1
Increases AoE Attack Ratio by 15
Shield physical defense added to Langort attack is applied as 50%
Double number of hits
Increases Strike range by 30% (it becomes bigger (not only longer))

High guard: Low guard
Remove basic effects from “High guard” to give a buff that apply 20% min. critical rate to strike-type skills.

Murmillo Attributes/Arts:
Butterfly: Determination
The last slash hit from Butterfly creates a “slash wave” that deal 3 hits (2 initial hits + 1 last hit + 3 hits from the “slash wave” after last hit)
Overheats reduced to 1
Shield physical defense added to Butterfly attack is applied as 50%
Increase AoE attack ratio by 15

Murmillo: Scaeva
After apply the art, the character will switch sword and shield (i mean, about which hands use each one) (this explanation its about how it will looks like)(“Scaeva” was how was call recognized left-handed gladiators, famous because they confused enemies because of that detail (to be left-handed))

Reduce physical and magical defenses by 20% and, after that reduction, increase the physical attack by 2% of physical defense plus 2% of magical defense. (this boost on damge will be better on full tank equipment builds than in damager ones because the increase of damage will be based on defenses)

Rodelero Attribute/Arts:
Plate mastery: remove armor
While equipped with 4 pieces of “Plate” armor, remove “plate mastery: defense” effects while increase final damage dealt by 20% instead.

Moreover, i propose to remove “number of enemy that can be targeted by “Shooting star” skill is fixed to 1” from “shooting star: violence” art, or at least change it to “reduce base skill AoE attack ratio to 1”, giving you a chance to increase the number of enemies hits by the skill with AoE attack ratio.

CON stat should be added to “Vaivora Sword - Slash Space” too.

I hope you like the idea!! :satisfaction:

Cheers :haha:

The number of hits on Strike classes is low but the cooldowns tend to be fairly low and the AoE is pretty great for swordsman. The classes do have a lot of CC options between stuns with Frenzied Slash, Umbo Blow, and Galcia Shield.

The shield classes alone- Pelt/Murm/Rode aren’t going to compete for WBR ranks even with the best gear but Luciferie, Vaivoras, and Baptism ichors can give you respectable damage. The upcoming changes in Ep13 should further boost the DPS with Butterfly/Langort.

I’m thinking if you drop Pelt for Nak after the changes you’ll find a fix to any DPS woes but I don’t think the classes necessarily need a big DPS change aside from what we’re getting.

I do also have expect an art for Butterfly and Langort to make them more like Shooting Star since they’re clearly molded in the image of that skill- the multi hit low SFR nature of them and huge shield attack modifier is evidence of that.

1 Like

:hi: :hi: :haha:

Really thanks for your contribution!! @Azusagi

You talk about low cooldowns on swordman tank classes like if its an adventage, but i think that all classes have the same cooldowns on skills ±. Moreover, i think that swordman tank classes really dont need CC (all what they need about CC is Swash buckling)

I think that swordman tank classes HAVE NOT TO be able to reach WBRs (at least peltasta + rodelero + murmillo), because the essence of tanks should be to resist, and because of this, they should not be able to reach the same damage or higher as DPS classes even with the beast DPS equipment build for them (because of buffs etc).

Anyway this changes would not make them rly stronger i think… they would cant reach WBRs because of buffs and attributes and etc… for example, high guard from peltasta reduces his critical rate (and the attribute reduce 20% its damage) while other classes increase it and increase the damage instead of block etc. They will cant anyway, i was trying to give them a way to at least be more usefull easier and early on content like CMs, raids, etc. I think that they need to invest too much on attributes and enhance arts to be usefull (and still they are not because they have not too much multihit skills. this will be solved a little with langort and butterfly but i think that they still need some arts or attributes that transform them into better DPS classes reducing their defensive roll (making them able to switch between tank and a decent (not the best) DPS roll))

For example, some ideas about Arts:

Murmillo:
Murmillo: Scaeva
After apply the art, the character will switch sword and shield (i mean, about which hands use each one) (this explanation its about how it will looks like)(“Scaeva” was how was call recognized left-handed gladiators, famous because they confused enemies because of that detail (to be left-handed))

Reduce physical and magical defenses by 20% and, after that reduction, increase the physical attack by 2% of physical defense plus 2% of magical defense. (this boost on damge will be better on full tank equipment builds than in damager ones because the increase of damage will be based on defenses)

Peltasta:
High guard: Low guard
Remove basic effects from “High guard” to give a buff that apply 20% min. critical rate to strike-type skills.

Rodelero:
Plate mastery: remove armor
While equipped with 4 pieces of “Plate” armor, remove “plate mastery: defense” effects while increase final damage dealt by 20% instead.

I’m going to put this on main post too :haha:

I hope you like the idea!! :satisfaction: