Tree of Savior Forum

Idea to improve the new card system

Since the new card system is already introduced on Ktest, I have to say that I’m quite shocked that there is no real incentive for players to mix certain cards, simply because most cards still have a diminishing effect (especially those cards like Molich or Velorchard card) because they give fixed stats.

I don’t know if it’s implied that the card level cap will be increased one day to make them more useful, but with the current system,there is basically no benefit by mixing different cards, people will most likely end up with 3 times the same card.

So, here are some options how to boost the card variability a little:

1. : Make singular cards recieve an effect boost.

When equipping only 1 card of a kind, you recieve twice the normal stats of the card.
This would entice players to stack different cards as having only one card of a kind would provide the stats of currently 2 cards, while having 3 same cards is still the most effective way if you’re after a certain status/effect.

E.g. having 1 Velorchard 10* card would provide 40 Evasion, 2 Velorchard 10* cards would provide the same 40 Evasion and 3 Velorchard 10* cards would provide 60 Evasion.

1. : Make card sets for additional stat boosts.

This is by far the more complicated solution but it would bring a alot of variety and possibly even a better overall mixture as you could make some sets for the same color only while others could e.g. spread along 2 or more different colors.
Having those sets could either boost the individual boni of the cards (for example 50-100% more stats) or give unique stats, which would be harder to balance,though.

1. : Give cards special effects that are non-stackable.
    This could also be an interesting way to have players equip more different cards, if you gain some of the bosses abilities if you equip their cards additionally to the initial statboost, e.g. equipping a Velorchard provides a chance to petrify your enemies, Werewolf slows your enemies down,etc.

These abilities could be hidden to make experimenting with different cards more exciting.

1. : Give different cards different skillboosts.
    Similarly to monster gems, monster cards could also provide boosting effects for your skills. These could be anywhere from boosting a certain skills damage% to changing how a skill works till reducing the passive stats of the skills (e.g. casttime,SP costs or CD time). However, those abilities should only apply once per card, and different cards would yield different results per skill.

This would be by far the most complicated and possibly the most dangerous option concerning the current and future balancing of Classes, but it would allow people to boost their relatively weak/useless skills.

Of all the abovementioned options, I think that the first option (i.e. doubled stats for one of a kind cards) would still be the best solution to improve the overall variation in equipped cards while still being relatively harmless for the game,given the current values of the cards.

About the future golden cards:

I believe that what really is needed here are some options:

1. cards that improve elemental damage (e.g. 10-20% more damage of a certain element or improving the damage of selected elemental skills [as the game certainly doesn’t need another Plague Doctor boost], e.g. the holy element card boosting Rune of Justice, Merkabah,Cure and Exorcise while ignoring Heal and Magnus Exorcismus);

2. cards that improve the recieved Healing effect (e.g. of Heal,Mass Heal);

3. cards that let you autocast certain skills when autoattacking (e.g. level 1 Fireball with a low chance [1-3%]);

4. cards that allow you to change your element (this would be pretty interesting, especially in PVP as everyone could change towards a certain element to recieve less damage by another specific element)

It would be nice if those golden cards would be NPC cards that can be recieved by certain NPCs around the world rather than just another simple bossmonster card.
As the NPC artworks are already manyfold, it would be easy to put their artwork onto a card and fix a corresponding effect. Even some quality/ingame experience improvements via these cards would be nice (e.g. NPC shop discount, movement speed boost in towns, keeping your buffs active when changing the map,etc.).

Class Master cards e.g. could be a great improvement, providing some useful effects based on your chosen Class (e.g. different buffs based on the Circles you have of that Class) while also fixing your current Class at that Class (i.e. your Class Icon/character description will always feature the Class whose Class Master card you’ve got equipped currently).

This would be easy to do, give the players some happiness as they could proudly showcase their main and/or favorite Class in their builds and be a nice complimentation to the current monster-only card system.

2 Likes

I also have a similar idea on improving the card system we just had. Don’t take me wrong, I love what the dev. has done to the new card system… no more x8 Chappa/Mole/Wolf/etc now we can truly diversify our cards… or do we?

First of all, we will all probably use only a set of cards that is beneficial to our character eg: my wizard will be using x3 Chapparition card (+30% Matk), A mix of Demon Lord Zaura and Nuaele card (+10% Pdef & Mdef respectively), x3 Pyroego card (+30 int) and for the purple group I’m still undecided.

The way I see it is that there are still cards which are more favorable to a certain class that other cards

Just to give an example in the red card group the only cards I can see as being used by the players are:

• Centaurus Card +2 AAR
  • Chapparition Card +10% Matk for 6sec
  • Deadborn Card +200 Crit atk
  • Glass Mole Card +10% Patk for 6sec
  • Helgacercle Card +50 Matk
  • Plokste Card +50 Patk
  • Rexipher Card +100 Mamp

What about the rest? :heeey:

The rest are just sub par with some exception depending on the class like Kepa Chieftain Card that gives +5% damage to Large monster this would work well with Thaumaturge’s Swell Body but still majority of the rest of the card that is not mentioned here will not be used.

So I proposed that some (not all) of the cards especially the one that are not “meta” would have a SET EFFECT similar to equipment and accessories.

(Similar Idea to what ReportofAusterity have already posted)

COMBINE 2 TO 3 CARDS TO GET A SET EFFECT!

Of course the effect should not be game breaking and will be targeted towards non PVE centric/PVP builds.

This are just some of the Effect I have come up with. Feel free to add delete or change any of this:

• 2 sec immunity when getting up from a knockdown (good for when Poetas is spamming knockdowns)
  • Or 50% animation speed when getting up from a knockdown
  • Adds 2sec to cc skills eg: Frost pillar,snow rolling
  • 50% potion/scroll making, crafting speed (good for Alchemist, Enchanter, Pardoners, and probably fletchers)
  • 3% discount for Craft classes (Alchemist, Pardoner, Squire, etc) when buying items from their masters.
  • For every 500 kill the next mob will drop silver equivalent to a shiny mob
  • Extension of range to some skills (Hail/Meteor/etc)
  • I also liked the idea of @ReportofAusterity’s "movement speed boost in towns,"

I think with this, there would be a lot more uses for those non meta cards and trust me… there are a LOT of them. Hopefully this tread will catch the eyes of the developers and give justice to those poor poor cards that are just being used to level up meta cards.

1 Like

I just had another idea about cards and boni:

Why not make specific equips we love/loved for their effects to be revived as cards?

Examples for this would be e.g. Kaloo Hammer(OOB boost), Krausas Mace (Effigy Boost),Magic Rod (Earth Quake boost),Saltas Staff (Ice Blast boost),etc.

What should be considered is to limit it to magic and maybe some rare grade weapons only, as unique weaponry would be too strong and meta-enforcing.

Armor cards should work a little different, as most armor doesn’t have a specific or good effect, so the premise here is that you get 1% of the armors substats per star of the card. On top if this, if you manage to get the whole set (2-4 parts, e.g. Shade Skirt Card, Shade Dancer Card, Shade Runner Card and Shade Hands Card), you can trade them in for a set card that gives you “number of parts+1%” of the sets substats per star on the card instead, which makes farming an armor card set a worthwile sidequest when there’s nothing else to do.

Also, only 1 equipment card for the red and the blue roster are effective.
For those Classes that don’t have a booster weapon: substats like additional attack against devil type enemies, attack range, Aoe attackratio and so on should be available on the other generic weapon cards so everyone gets to benefit in a way.

However, there has to be 1 restriction: the weapon card and the armor card should only have an effect if the wearer actually uses the same equipment type (e.g. for the Krausas Mace card to have an effect you have to be equipped with a mace Class weapon, and wearing a Shade Skirt card only boosts your evasion if youre wearing a leather bottom armor).

About how to gain these cards:

As the current game lacks a lot of community interaction and cooperation events, I’d like to propose a lottery system where people donate specific weapons and armors that can be turned into a card. Those people will recieve a certain amount of lottery tickets (e.g. 1 ticket for every 2 or 3 items they donate), and at the end of the month, they are eligible to claim their prize, a random card from the pool of everything that has been donated that month for every ticket they have.

That way people can work together towards a common goal (e.g. by guilds farming 1 specific item to increase the chances to get a card of it) but still have a surprise in return.

1 Like