Tree of Savior Forum

Ice wall shards not working?

Hi all,

I’m asking fellow cryomancers if they are able to hit their ice wall normally and have the shards fly out for ice/freeze damage?
I used to be able to do this, but recently realized it stopped working for me. My normal attack just hits it for 1 and that’s it, no shards fly out.

I don’t know if I’m doing it wrong or if there was another patch to nerf the ice shards again…
Maybe my controller is just messed up or I have the wrong settings?

Thanks.

Mine is working fine with Psychic Pressure, but the problem might be meleeing it, i’ll test it out and let you know.

Edit: Tested it, it’s working fine when i hit with the staff.

Sometimes if the monster is too close to the ice wall, it won’t get hit by the shards.

Edit: You seem to have a different problem. No idea about that. Mine’s working fine.

Hey guys,

So I figured out the issue. It might be a weird bug, but I can only use a staff to hit the ice, a rod and shield combo doesn’t work because the nonmagic attack doesn’t execute anything… :confused: Definitely something about that right hand gear slot.

Does this count as a bug or has it always been like this and I just never noticed it?

Has always been the case. You would need to equip a dagger and use offhand attacks (hotkey - c) to create icewall shards if you choose to use rod.

1 Like

The shard generation is working well for me, no new problem popping up.
But the ice shard hitting rate fell around 1-2 days ago.
I’m at SEA server and wondering if it caused by lag or not.
What i mean by hitting rate is that the ice shard generated actually pass through the mobs without hitting them (or some do and some don’t) resulting in less damage and sometime mobs can slip up and hitting me (canceling pp).
Another thing to note is that last night i realize sometimes my ice wall duration extended (i think around 45sec when it should be 15sec), and i also saw cleric’s safety zone extended duration (i saw the same cleric somehow have 2 safety zone active when it shouldn’t be possible> 20s dur, 48s cd).
Anyone else experiencing similar problem?

I used to have the same issue… than it stopped and now its back again