Tree of Savior Forum

I need Help with Solo PVE Build - New Player

Hey people, I started playing about 3 days ago and wanted help with a SOLO PVE build for Cleric (something tanky and that can go through the SOLO gameplay)

I started with Monk > Inquisitor (lvl 160 now), but people keep saying Monk is bullcrap nowadays and now I don’t know what to do.

PS: For some reason i cant see anybuilds on tosguru so if you could print a skillset for me.
I still have all 15 points from cleric and some from Monk.

Monk is not crap, but ppl like zealot and inquisitor over it, monk goes well on chaplain builds… i find that chaplain, monk, crusader/paladin/inquisitor work pretty well for AA dmg.

Thanks for the enlightment. You think if I go Monk > Inquisitor > Paladin or something in that mix can my char be tanky?

Tanky? mmmm only real “tanks” are swordmans… you can go paladin monk chaplain but would be better 2h for dmg and aoe bonus.

If you go 1h paladin goes better with magic dmg filler to drop and then praise pala to enhance dmg ticks than melee

What is AA damage? In any case do what of those builds do you think could be good for SOLO PVE?

Not much can be “solo” except lvl 5 challenges, you will need partyes for raids no matter what (unless low lvl ones compared to yours)

AA = auto attack, buff up all and start auto attack like mad with high aoe ratio to compensate on multi target stuff, u can easy get aoe ratio from paladin 2h wep buff (+5) and +2 or even +4 from bracers.

Lies. Monk will provide filler skills with palm strike + hand knife, a +50% buff to strike damage (which is 99% of your skills), skill to silence enemies, iron skin (1% damage reduction per point), infinite kamehameha with nirvava arts (until ep 12 since it’s based on crits) and much more…

That’s my build. Paladin is there for the extra CON and more DPS with Conviction/Demolition (plus Barrier can be helpful sometimes, and Restoration gives you some healing over time which is nice on a build that will have pretty much no healing due to the lack of SPR).

Can you print your skillset and send me? I still have a lot of points and atributes

Here’s my current setup: https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?build=eyJqb2JzIjpbIkNoYXI0XzEiLCJDaGFyNF85IiwiQ2hhcjRfMTEiLCJDaGFyNF8xNiJdLCJza2lsbHMiOnsiNDAwMDEiOjUsIjQwMDAyIjoxLCI0MDAwNiI6MSwiNDAwMDciOjMsIjQwMDA4Ijo1LCI0MDYwMiI6MTUsIjQwNjA2Ijo1LCI0MDYwNyI6MTUsIjQwNjA5IjoxMCwiNDA3MDIiOjEsIjQwNzAzIjoxNSwiNDA3MDQiOjEsIjQwNzA1IjoxLCI0MDcwNiI6MTAsIjQwNzA4Ijo1LCI0MTQwMSI6MSwiNDE0MDYiOjE1LCI0MTQwNyI6MTUsIjQxNDA4Ijo4LCI0MTQwOSI6MSwiNDE0MTAiOjV9LCJzdGF0cyI6eyJDT04iOjAsIkRFWCI6MCwiSU5UIjowLCJTUFIiOjAsIlNUUiI6MH0sInZlcnNpb24iOjJ9

Still didn’t allocate 11 points for Monk because I don’t know if I want 10% damage reduction or better AA.

In fact they have more sfr than God Smash so yeah I tend to use them a lot too (and you can use them twice with Golden Bell). And the knockdown effect of Hand Knife is really helpful in CM.

When I skilled Inquisitor I had my spares into Pear, but they were doing absolute zero damage so I switched to Malleus (you needed a magical user to trigger them, otherwise mobs would simply walk over and nothing would happen). Is the skill fixed now? As I see, Malleus got a big nerf this update (no more extra damage) so switching back to Pear would be a good idea?

Yeah I read your other post about Inqui sfrs. I’ll definitely switch my spares back to Pear.

Monk is actually decent now and has been for quite some time.

Try out the ultimate Monk>Krivis>Oracle meme build, which is focused around boosting your Monk skills.

Oracle does provide a good % dmg boost, but not just for monk, for monk kame hame and DP autos better get chap.

and… honestly i rather get chap monk ora than krivi, so much time lost rebuffing the crit stuff and not so good uptime to use the stigma, have much better survival, dmg increase uptime and so as oracle.