Tree of Savior Forum

I need a "HOW-TO-SQUIRE" guide

After thinking it through, I have finally decided now is the best time to turn my Swordie into a squire once and for all to support and fund my cleric-monk-inquisitor who I shall main… I don’t have time to play many characters and I only have 2 characters so I figured this is the only way. There is no way I am going to ever be et/guild raid/solmiki-ready if I keep playing both a monk-inq and lancer/dragoon trying to gear them both up.

I know absolutely nothing about a squire and how to build and gear one as my swordie was previously a catagoon/lancer…

What ranks to take?
What weapons/armor to equip?
What is his role in a 290dungeon/saalus/parties?

What does a squire actually do? Can I make silver from giving repairs/maintenance afk?

Can I also setup base camp to provide food buffs for myself to my monk? How do I make silver on squire? Is it sustainable or will I be losing silver?

Make a camp, cook the food, open the shop, and stay in the city or in front of dungeon(then change to your main character) that’s most of this class, if you want to fight it’s better to go for other class.

heltry’s guide is a bit old ignore those combat part, but those food or tent information is still good.

Yeah that is what I want to do…

Cook food give buffs to my main character, open afk shop to earn silver, do daily dungeon runs for cubes. Thats about it.

I thought of a few combinations:
SW1>Pelt3>Squire3>Murmillo
SW1>HL3>Squire3>Murmillo

Full con?
Full str?
1:1 str & con?

I have no idea…

the pel3 is more popular in ktos, I don’t know the reason though.

My squire is pel3 route, have been this build before the reset event. I think pel3 good point is less weapon restriction, so I can share equipment with other characters(I share mace and shield with my wiz&cleric). I haven’t done test with this character yet after the lastet patch, but I think I’ll mix str and con.

I stop level my squire after done with practonium quest.

Should I go for 15/15 wep maintenance, armor maintenance or repairs? Which is more useful/earn more silver while afk?

either weapon maintenance or repair, the profit is depend on people in the sv, number of bussiness rivals and your location. IMO repair is give more stable income(more customer but more rivals) while weapon maintenance is nice for party/guild use.

btw the profit of the shop is just passive income, do dungeon run is much faster

One can go without a weapon buff, but you cannot adventure with broken equipment. Still it depends on the competition and the placement. Dungeon weapon maintenance maybe… but i think the most profit would give you setting up shop in the city… Even with a cheap repair, and im sure i and other adventurers will love you for it.

If you are on an “established” server, you will be making little to no money. People undercut to the point of 0 profit.

As for the build
Expensive

• pelt3-murm
    Cheap
  • sword3-barb-shinobi
  • sword3-pelt-shinobi
  • HL2-barb-shinobi
  • HL2-pelt-shinobi
  • HL3-shinobi

Here’s some numbers and videos on the shinobi.

Sorry but i dont quite understand, why would I be taking offensive classes on my squire3 and turn him into a shinobi? Is the squire3 attack skill slash usable by clones?

I know the most popular choice by far for squire3 is pelt3-murmillo…

Shinobi clones copy a lot of skills
Swordsman
thrust
bash
pommel beat (don’t take this it sucks because it has a fixed 2 AAR)
double slash

highlander
crown
moulinet

peltasta
umbo blow
rim blow

The barb is mostly there for the 50% increase in slash damage. The shinobi burst is great for anything. Both swordsman and highlander have enough combo’s outside the clones that they are decent for questing or what ever you want to do.

The selling point for me is the cost. You will be spending on mostly r1-r4 attributes which are way cheaper than the 2 helmet attributes you need on murmillo (~8m each).

But the flower… I have yet to see one spawn over the past week. Now i just occasionally warp to alemeth to take a look instead of camping there all day.

I mean the squire isnt going to be my main character anyway. Just using it for dailies, food buff base camp and afk shop.

So i wont be investing much into it for DPS. As long as it can do a solo 290 boss rush at a reasonable timing im ok.

The flower is actually the easiest part. People just refuse to do it the right way. The flower requires you wait at least 4 hrs without logging out for any reason. Reason is the timer (at least 4 hrs) will reset when the channel population becomes 0. I’ve gotten it 2x. The 1st was 4 hrs. The 2nd was 5 hrs.

The thing is, you will want to bring it to higher lv maps eventually. You are gonna place him on the maps you want to grind so you still will need to keep him up.