Tree of Savior Forum

I Love Tree of Savior; I Am Leaving Tree of Savior

I actually totally agree with this, but it’s sad we rarely see it.

Swordman buff PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !

Isn’t it awesome how people just copy A PART of a message… the part that, as incomplete as it is can prove other people wrong… instead of copying the WHOLE message that would give a totally different meaning to everything?

I’ll just copy it again myself as a whole… i’ll even “highlight” the part that changes the whole meaning of it for you:

"First, we would like to explain why we had devised the 3 month Exclusive Access plan.
The main concern we had with the Steam launch was whether we could provide a stable service upon release to a massive international audience.

There are numerous factors that can cause instability, but we anticipate that one of the main causes would be a higher concentration of players than we expected. Many unprecedented problems may affect the servers and creating waiting queues to counter this would merely cause inconvenience for everyone. Furthermore, intrusion of numerous bot accounts would also bring detrimental results to the server and the community.

We thought that the best way to provide a much more pleasant and stable gaming environment would be to estimate the approximate amount of players before the massive international release. This would prepare us to respond ideally as we gradually increase the player base.

As such, we decided that launching different types of Founder’s Pack sequentially would be the most realistic option after researching other cases in the past. However, we thought that Founder’s Pack purchasers for other games were not receiving sufficient benefits from the Early Access. Thus, we decided to increase the Early Access period. This decision would also allow us to have enough time to stabilize the servers and adapt to international service before opening up to the mass public."

Let me repeat it again:

WE THOUGH THAT FOUNDER’S PACK PURCHASERS FROM OTHER GAMES WERE NOT RECEIVING SUFFICIENT BENEFITS - THUS WE DECIDED TO INCREASE THE EARLY ACCESS PERIOD

Do you want a translation of it? here you go: “when we planned an headstart for the game because of the server issues that we aknoledge there are we planned a much shorter time… but after considering that we wanted the founders to have more benefits compared to other players, we decided to make the headstart three months”.

It can’t be clearer then this… of course they knew about the server issues but they made it EXTREMLY clear that the three months of headstart were to give founders more benefits and not for the server issues… and they even managed to write that “they INCREASED it” making it clear that the original plan was to have a much shorter headstart time and that the time was “increased” compared to the original amount of time… and they did know about the server issue even before of that.

So nope sorry… what they did was say that “the servers have issues” followed by “we needed a much shorter time to solve them but we increased the time to give more advantages to the founders”.

They need 3 months to solve server problems? then they write “we need 3 months more to solve server problems”… not “we increased the headstart time to three months to give more benefits to the founders”.

1 Like

Don’t even.

Don’t. Even.

D o n ’ t . E v e n .

i wanna dual wield 2 bananas as a c1 fencer

1 Like

I just really want a short spawn time >_> + server stability

4 Likes

Spawns need revision for sure. Tenet Garden is the example of how the spawn system in this game works and it’s horrendous.

1 Like

So from what I can tell is, that you are fearing not to get enough money out of the whole situation the game is in right now.
I can fully understand why the community manager quit. (Might also be because of …well I mean your name has ‘‘kim’’ in it right? not to go into detail here)

People who go along with your words now, are simply naive and are definitely greenhorns.
Good job on that part. But If I was in your place @hkkim, I would’ve waited to post something like this for another month or two.
That way you might have gotten a chance to milk us even more.
IMC is trash and whoever says anything different, hasnt been on beta.
I am not really aware of how the korean version is doing, but from what I’ve heard is, it is already dying out.
The same is now happening to the western version.
Just take a look at the steam charts which is clearly proving this point.

The game had the most player base at the first day of ‘‘founders servers’’ (Rip off servers to be precise)
And roughly one month ongoing.
Now the game got free to play even, and the player base did not even increase / got higher than rip off servers were.
And it will be decreasing more and more over the upcoming months.

The question is of course why it is happening.

First of all it is because IMC has proven way back in the past on beta and even on the korean version it seems, that they are incapable of managing stable servers.

Second of all it is because IMC isn’t capable of fixing a lot of major bugs which should be fixed as soon as possible.

Third of all it might even be because of the major lags in towns or around field bosses.
If 20+ people start to fight a field boss, the game is starting to lag so horrible, it isn’t even funny.
And the system requirements you state are bullsh*t.
It does not matter if you run a 20 core processor, since this game only supports single core in the first place.
It also won’t make a big difference if you run the single core at 4,5ghz or 2ghz.
The lags are real and will remain real.
So the first thing you should have done if you truly loved this game, you should have developed the game for the time we are living in and not for a time like 1999 - 2005
And trust me dude, you earn more money from a working, stable game than from a game which lags nonstop even on mid to high end machines.

Also when the rip off servers opened, there were the same bugs happening as we had on beta.
There were market issues (suddenly items which decide to disappear) and more.
There were dungeon issues (entering a dungeon) even now on certain dungeons / instances it exists (Saalus Convent).
You are still able to modify / mess around with the lua scripts.
Surely the extreme modifications were fixed such as getting endless of lv. X cards but not everything at all.
Server stability issues which happened on beta a lot and happened on the rip off servers we paid for as well.
There are a lot of ‘‘minor’’ bugs as well which would let you lose interest in playing the game anymore.
I have a couple on my mind but this isn’t the point now.

About the DLC thing.
Since you have gotten quite some money out of the founders ehh…Excuse me I meant rip off servers, you could have used some of it to hire people who just implement a item shop with capabilities of buying TP with real money.
Do not blame steam for any of this. Other devs using steam are also able to have it working. Example would be Trove or Smite with a proper system.
Easy fast and smooth.

Just play with open cards dude. You are just whining cause you fear about your money source will be depleted and the amount you earned from all of this isn’t enough compared to the developement cost.

And I definitely have the right to talk this way, because I am one who also paid you for at least two months of food.
I could have fed a whole kindergarten in africa with all that money.
Just saying.

Anyways the point is that IF you seriously wanted to have a smooth game experience, a nice enjoyable community, you should’ve communicated with us properly way back in the beta already.
A lot of us have / had a lot of great ideas to improve things, reported a lot of major bugs which didn’t get attention and much more.
Also lot of us love the game itself for real. The artwork, the classes, the atmosphere and last but not least the epic music.

And I loved this game as well ever since beta and only spent money because I expected the game to work after beta.
Because a full released game SHOULD NOT have such huge issues as this one. (No game is bug free that’s certain. But like I say they aren’t all minor issues on Tree of Savior).

So sh*tstorm me all you like guys it won’t change my opinion and my facts as well as reality.

5 Likes

The only thing I am going to sandstorm about is how you spaced out every sentence in that blasphemous post. Could have easily just said they dun goofed and went for a cash grab here because it’s failing in Korea or something in a single line…

2 Likes

I didnt want to make a massive post. I quoted Half of the entire post to make my point. Your point just involves one sentence.

Oh, look whats directly after the sentence that you quoted.“This decision would also allow us to have enough time to stabilize the servers and adapt to international service before opening up to the mass public”

I really think its funny how you tell me i only take one part of the announcement, when that is exactly what you did in your last post. Saying they didnt mention server issues at all, when The actual announcement was almost entirely mentioned server issues, while one small part mentioned advantage to founders.

I mean, look at this.

Telling me i only take one piece out? lol. Then telling me im wrong, when i proved they in fact did mention server issues?

1 Like

Because he has to have some self respect in the business world as a CEO of a company. It’s actually something I expect them to say, even though most people are knowledgable to exactly what is happening since other companies have done it with other games. It does take some brass balls to come out publicly responding to a personal post with PR saying you basically dun goofed all around and still sticking to your guns.

I don’t condone a company for wanting to make money, but absolutely do not agree with cash grabbing and basically lying to people in order to screw them over for more money. If they wanted to run a model like this they should have Kickstarted for servers/development instead of what ever sphaghetti mess they did with Steam and no publishers.

It’s pretty obvious they dun goofed big time and don’t know what to do still. I honestly question if they are even capable of fixing everything after all this but willing to give them the benefit of the doubt if they are going to listen. They just need to setup a better funnel for constructive legit feedback and I’m sure people will step up help out. Also for the love of goodness have GMs in the game…

1 Like

He is still a human just like you and me.
And other people working for him are humans as well.
Interaction / communication with their ‘‘customers’’ should be a common thing to do otherwise the company won’t be long lasting.

Therefore it might really have been a better idea to kickstart things instead or ask the community back in korea already before even going another step and even more steps to go to western while it is already failing in korea.
Surely it doesn’t necessarly mean it fails internationally if it fails in one country, but since korea is basically home for mmorpg and their developement, it should be taken seriously I would say.

That they wanna make money with things they love isn’t any problem. I really paid them because I had high hopes the founders server will work much better than the beta servers already which wasn’t even the case.
Then I thought> Fine, I paid them so they NOW can imrpove it at least.
Which still isn’t the case now.
And now my opinion is stated above.
End of the story.

Taking our money and then not showing anything which was worth it is simply a rip off. And I am so confident that he was one giggling over our naivity to pay for the rip off servers.

Like I say. I love the game and all that. But I definitely dislike the company and won’t ever support them in any way possible ever again. Same as the people working for it.
Otherwise they probably will never learn.

1 Like

Change the serial killer to a bank robber and your analogy is fixed. Because killing someone gives you nothing unless you’re sick in your head, VS buying Gold / Robbing a bank is a bad thing but you get great value out of it.

Its really not the player’s responsibility to stop or care for gold sellers.

@hkkim

I appreciate you acknowledging the issues of the game but you FAIL to mention what solutions you have for the game, which is a bit sad. You didn’t mention any roadmap or something we can expect.

I suggest people to tag him and ASK FOR SOLUTION, not some sort acknowledgement of problems WE ALREADY KNOW.

1 Like

Except there’s 0 TP in the Veteran’s package, and there’s tons of things in the TP shop that are still completely unavailable for purchase because players do not have any TP. The Beginner’s pack is a slap to the face because it’s full of items everybody can easily get every day with Free TP.

Except the SEA and SA packs are the exact same price, and the EU and NA packs are also identical. You wasted half of your DLC slots for nothing, and then use the excuse that there’s no room when it’s your own fault?

Here’s what you do:

Beginner’s Pack: $30 USD - no region lock
Veteran’s Pack: $35 USD - no region lock
SEA/SA Beginner: $18 USD - region locked to SA/Asia
SEA/SA Veteran: $20 USD - region locked to SA/Asia
100 TP Bundle: $9 USD - all servers, all regions
500 TP Bundle: $45 USD - all servers, all regions
100 TP SEA/SA: $5 USD - Telsiai/Varena/Silute Only
500 TP SEA/SA: $25 USD - Telsiai/Varena/Silute Only

Look, it costs exactly the same for everyone because the SEA/SA packs are already $18 and $20, and the NA/EU packs are already $30 and $35, and you still have exactly 8 DLC, yet magically there’s also a way to purchase TP on its own. Of course, it’s once per account, but this would be a temporary solution to tide people over until the real system is implemented later.

7 Likes

Just do it. Is it hard?

Man, look at this topic. Look at what a single post caused to the comunity.

Everyone is still interested, imagined what would happen if someone actually did that talking a lot more.

Thank you for this response, I’ll stay along with the SA server a little more time before I drop it.

This is all I’ll say about it since everything else has probably already been said.

I almost feel like at this point if they really wanted more money they would hire a proper coder, web admin, and support staff to handle their business. Then setup what’s needed for logging into the website and purchasing TP for currency right there. Until then I have absolutely no incentative towards feeding them any more money because that’s the truely profressional way of doing it in the business world. I’ve already given them $120 and think that’s quite enough considering other people have done the same.

Basically I’m going to assume from what I know about Ragnarok Online server software and what Mr. Kim has said in his post the databases are such a mess this must be impossible. So we’ve got a problem telling me something like this will almost never get fixed without a major back end overhaul. That’s the second thing they need to do to convince me they are going to take this whole thing seriously fixing performance/optimization client-server side at the same time because they go hand in hand.

After ALL THAT touch back with the community on the balance issues they literally said were going to be different from kTOS. Which means going back on everything else people absolutely do not like physically limiting the game with trading, monster spawns, dungeon runs, ect.

Doing this all before the private server development beats them to it or else this game is done for indefinitely. It’s almost like some kind of reality show drama or something where you wait patiently to see the outcome.

What if he’s not Hakkyu kim?

Buff swordsman while you are at it.