Tree of Savior Forum

I just filed my transfer ticket. I have a question

You guys know the requirements before we can file our tickets. Leaving guild/party, retrieve all items in market, etc. I did all that and now I wanna ask if I can party again with my friends and use the market? Or should it stay like this until the transfer? Thanks.

Bump

////////////////20 chars

Yes you can, just make sure every requirments are done on 24/4.
But now you can play like normal.

1 Like

I can’t speak of absolute certainty, as I did not design the game, but here is my 2¢.

1. The Market is almost definitely a server based database. If an item is on the market, it is not in your inventory in any way. The market simply has a tag on the item you placed as being belonging to your ID. If you leave the server, the item will expire on the marketplace (or sell I guess), and the server will then search the tag for your ID and send the silver/item to the appropriate place. This may be another database on the server entirely or it may be related to your inventory. I’m guessing the former. If you aren’t on the server, it’s just going to sit there in essentially database limbo for all eternity unless there’s an expiration date on that as well.

2. There’s no reason you can’t party. You can really take any action you so choose. You’ll keep all your levels, exp, and inventory, as those are linked directly with your character’s information and your inventory’s information on their respective databases.

3. You are going to lose your friend list. This is theoretically because it is linked to player IDs on that server. If you’re friends with player #12345 on server Orsha, that would not be the same player on Fedimian. I’m not sure WHY they went with this design choice, but I would assume that’s why you lose them when you transfer.

4. It probably doesn’t actually delete your character data entirely off the server when you transfer, so if your ID number is #55555 let’s say, they would lose a spot in the party and guild. Player ID #55555 on your server is then just a NULL player, which would take up a slot in a party or guild, until it is patched or possibly until they expel you.

Again, these are mostly speculation, but based on my programming/development experience, these are the most likely situations and the reasoning behind them. I hope this all made sense to you and everything is cleared up.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. I guess I will play normally and just do the requirements again before the 24th.