Tree of Savior Forum

I don't like the aoe system in the game

the way aoe worked in tos was that aoe ratio dictates how many enemies can be hit with skills, and not the area itself, so you could have a very high aeo ratio but the area of effect of the skill itself is not that large, so you can’t hit more enemies even with a higher ratio. Also, if the skill has a really large aoe, managing and conducting mobs may not prove that rewarding, since the number of enemies you can hit is capped even if they are clearly inside the range of the skill. you can see enemies inside the animation, burning in hell’s flames, the world falling upon their heads and remaining untouched, because the flames of hell can only burn four enemies at a time…

i’d rather have all enemies inside my skill area to burn

it doesn’t make sense for mages, i guess, but a lot of their skills seem to just hit whatever is in them.

other than that it’s fine, bit too hard to get more ratio imo. if you know there will be more middle and large mobs you might want to get a bit of armour too up it so you can still hit all of them in your range.

I guess that’s why classes are supposed to be different. Play a mage, some of their skills do hit all enemies. Some don’t thought.

I think tos’ aoe system works that way to nerf op farming methods. This is good at some point. But i would prefer rather to do less damage instead of hitting less targets. I think aoe in tera works that way (or it was another game, nvm) the damage spread between enemies you hit.

1 Like