Tree of Savior Forum

I dislike the "Yellow text" feature

It’s far too easily exploitable, and there are a lot of real dummies who will get taken advantage of with it.

So, if you’re in say mode and you type !!, anything following that !! appears above your head in yellow.

In less than an hour, I’ve seen three people sporting that overhead text, all of them saying GM.

I added in my own saying to quit saying that. In most cases, impersonating GMs is bannable, because it’s considered fraud and most people will be bastards to try and use it to steal important information. My response was more overhead text accusing me of being jealous.

The fact that such a thing can already be exploited and is just widely used in bad taste anyways is… Well, not good. I think this should be removed.

2 Likes

I agree honestly I don’t even know what it’s there to begin with? What is it’s purpose? Most people I see usually just write “brbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbr” or “kekekekekkebrbrbrbrbrbr” I literally don’t see anything good that it can bring having it. You know what’s useful though? Having the EXP next to your character pop up ;~;…

This feature is quite usefull if you are looking party for boss / dungeon, but its should be public known feature otherwise there will [GM] guys all over the place. I did not know about this until I read this topic.

And can somebody tell me if Kiru is really GM? Cause he seems like pretending to be one and answering questions, but it looks like he just abusting “!!” feature.

They’re not GM…
We got 3 GM only, [GM]APPLE , [GM]OBRIAN, [GM]BUBBLE

1 Like

I believe those are like their in-game username.

1 Like

Thanks, could not found the list of GMs

The worry is, people will dumb and fall for it. People will lose their accounts to it. That is something I’d like to do away with because people being dumb is what’s going to slow the development and patience of the staff, if they’re too busy recovering accounts because [GM] EDUARDO stole it from MommysLittlePrincess69

How about we make a topic about fake GM and request IMC to ban them all?
I mean many player use this for fun, u guys can ask them take it down or change to something not related to GM.
If they deny to change,… you guys can take a screenshot and report them.

Just ban word GM and Game Master for yellow text should be enough.

I don’t think that’s feasible with the current design, though. It’s still going off the word filter and if someone ever actually NEEDED their attention, they wouldn’t be able to get it. Big Brother is being lazy on you.

I think part of the problem with this yellow text is that it looks slightly too official. If the text is surrounded by a permanent chat bubble, or something less official looking, then I doubt anyone would fall for the [GM] thing.

I do not think this feature should be removed. It does have some very useful and legitimate purposes that I can see (i.e. B>, LFG>, LFP>, R>, etc.). I very much like the fact that you can set this text to let everyone in your vicinity know that you are looking/recruiting for a party/guild without needing to constantly spam the chat with those messages.

I’m sure there are other beneficial uses for this feature that I can not think of atm…

2 Likes

This madness has to stop.

I suggest you should make a report about these players.
https://treeofsavior.com/inquiry/

I don’t like that kind of thinking. We could stretch this logic to remove just about any feature just because it can be abused. Just report people who use it for the bad reasons.

1 Like

please change the title to “I hate people using the yellow text for the wrong things”

it’s really misleading and I love the feature for asking for party or letting others know when am AFK so they don’t waste time inviting me when am out eating or something

Well, I’m not changing it because it’s really hard to prevent people from abusing something without removing it outright. And that’s what a lot of companies do. Far be it for them to try and be reasonable, and it’d be easier to cut the “Help my acc got stoled :(((” down.

That’s what happened to /me.

I miss that feature.

“hey is hard to prevent drunk people from driving and causing accidents”…

“better remove cars from streets”

1 Like

That’s comparing apples to warthogs. What makes you think that sort of comparison would work 1:1?

Just wait until most people know it then. It wont be long , i saw more people using it nowaday.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the problem in this case are the drunk ppl driving, no?

Your argument is… Laughable.