Tree of Savior Forum

I destroyed my Solmiki Cannon and it was liberating

The imbalances become most apparent when you see one Class being wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy stronger than the others, especially if paired with another Class [cough Shinobi cough].

Biteregina was shifting that a little, but god, after destroying the cards worth in competition, you actually really see how badly optimized this content is, since low damage% low hitcount skills do basically nothing against these monsters. If you pair that with a mediocre weapon you’re flat out of competition since Class XYZ will outperform you, no matter how often they drop dead.

Now if Demon Lords actually had a competitive side to them, your progression would be reset if you die, and party buffs like Revive were disabled on the map (so you could only buff yourself with them, not others).
Currently it’s flat out geared&funded meta+ linker+maybe a healer = optimal damage for Demon Lords, securing you a cube even if you’re only joining on the last 50%.

Participation is earning you nothing, which is disgraceful, considering the time it takes to bring one down.
Is there even a point in participating if you’re non-meta with a mediocre weapon?

This is actually the thing the game lacks the most. They even lessened the significance of transcendence in favor of people who don’t like to invest into their weapons at all. Halved costs but also halved transcendence values is a gain of ± nothing.
It even made transcending accessories worthless as they were exempt from armor and enhancement boosts.

It would’ve been better if they toned down the anvil upgrades similarly to how they toned down transcendence from 550% to 200% with a linear progression (so that upgrading from +15 to +16 isn’t better than from +20 to +21 and so on, providing the same bonus attack/defence per upgrade with the occasional jumps every 5 upgrades).
Also, iToS needs more ways to get diamond anvils. kTOS gets so many events with diamond anvils as rewards over the past few months, but we got nothing even closely similar, which makes gear progression even more tedious.
If IMC wants to efficiently sink silver, diamond anvils are the best choice, since upgrading costs 3 times the value, chances are the same and all it prevents is the downgrading of the weapon, not potential loss.

Together with a linear upgrade progression, this could be one of the most potent ways to sink silver, keep the players happy and provide them with gear good enough to tackle the ingame content without losing it or giving up on the game. It also makes event participation more rewarding.

And to counter even abuse, the diamond anvils for the event should make the equipment untradeable (so no personal trading or marketing allowed,just team storage and personal storage), allowing players to progress on their own gear without hurting the economy or inciting multi-accounting.

2 Likes

Vitata and his purine pevordimas bow AHEM

I am just going to leave this here. An entire guild in my server is abusing a shinobi + miko bug on every single boss. They even set up afk characters.

screenshot_20180513_00005

It’s funny how a whole lot of people were crying about Bite cards being OP and we even have FAN ARTS about this. Yet everyone is ok with Shinobi pumping insane amount of damage.

1 Like

You do know that your suggestion is just re-implementing transcendence?..

1. Linear upgrade progression
  2. Equipment untradable
  3. High cost of upgrade

lol

Also, its not halved costs and halved transcend. As transcend is a % bonus on the -base- of the weapon, if you compare the new upgrade values to current upgrade values, its a reduction from 20% > 15% (10% of base 150%)

It allows players to do what they keep whining about - catching up with the whales. At least now you only have to compete with enhancement values, and not both enhancement AND transcendence.

1 Like

I’m surprised that IMC hasn’t realized how many people have quit over this stupid bullcrap system.
No, actually i’m not surprised.
I’m amazed.

1 Like

Being able to upgrade a gear’s main stats to more than twice (~290% when +16 trans 10) its original value IMO is just lazy design. Also, the upgrade effect should’ve been diminishing, not linear.

This way hardcore players still can minmax without forcing new players, if they want to catch up, to resort to RMT or going the pay-to-whale route though the latter might likely be IMC’s goal. The only other option is to no-life the game - but is it really worth it when others can just go dual-wield credit card on you?

This just applies for PVP though. I guess it’s not much of an issue in PVE.

It’s already slowly becoming an issue in PVE.

People start to rely on blessing and elemental damage already since they do not have high trans/enhanced weapons to compete.

That said, of course a complete package of +16 to +21 with trans 10 + Blessing/Elemental Damage multi hits is still more devastating.

Gear improvement is becoming more of a need now that IMC is adding more numbers to their numbers that we have to increase our own numbers or rely on pure damage.

2 Likes

Can’t disagree with that. PVE’s becoming like:

1.) AA multi-hit builds = low investment
2.) Meta burst/multiplier builds = high investment
3.) All other builds = avoid at all cost unless roleplaying

1 Like

Yes, I’m fairly annoyed that a peasant meta inqui AA build with wheel is god tier outdpsing my doppel in CM stage 7.

all those blessing damage and consistency AA does more than my 8000% zornhau drops with damage reduction mechanics

So I’m starting to feel the need now that +16 is a minimum requirement for real DPSers and it’s kinda sad since we’re just getting more and more monsters with higher def/mdef

this puts in a lot of pressure in enhancement or get kicked etc which frustrates people after failing several times and leave the game because…

3 Likes

I don’t understand why people are still trying to change the enhancement system. They will maybe realize one day that IMC won’t change it because it is the sole End-game content. It is also one of the economy base (alongside the necro bot and RMT :tired:), where real money is traded for in game currency and also where IMC is making profit with “the well-known convenience cube with items non obtainable in game”. Most of the MMO are rewarding the player with items with different tiers, depending on where it drops. To be able to do that, the game should provide content to drops those rewards and sadly it is not something ToS can provide now.

I’m not defending the enhancement system because it is absolute garbage. The enhancement system has major flaws:

• The enhancement value is growing stronger the higher you reach and is purely RNG based (or can be manipulated legit or not :tired:)

• At a certain point, the enhancement value is higher than the transcendence value.

Putting RNG layers over the top of RNG layers (random enhancements on random weapon stats generation) is only generating frustration. Frustration is a factor for a lower player base. Sorry to keep up the same argument, but in other games (diablo like system from which ToS is inspired), the weapon was the most impactful factor, you had to get the good suffix and prefix with good values. In ToS, the actual weapon stats are no match against the enhancement values and transcendence level.

I also don’t understand people bashing the transcendence system. It is the only action where RNG IS NOT A FACTOR!!! you can reach 100% chance to succeed and the bonus value are the same at each rank. It is a goal by itself and also a way to “separate” the hardcore players and the casual ones. However giving enough time and the separation disappears but it should be as the time where the new content is released.

@Lostac you made the same mistake as me, you chose the swordman tree where you have absolutely 0 option to go along the same direction as the combat system. It is nearly impossible to beat the damage formula with the actual gear against the actual monster (16K physical def mmm?) and the swordman has 0 good AA build (can’t add multiple lines, pump his elemental damage in any way).
It seems normal that the best damage dealer in the actual content is also able to heal, protect and support his buddies :tired: .

Just stop using anvils if you cannot afford to lose the item?
These forums threads are literally a coping mechanism redirecting anger away from yourself and back to IMC.

Only thing I’d want from the from the anvil system:

Make Golden Anvils actual pity items for those that have already blown every single point of potential on enhancements. Remove the level penalty upon failure until attempting +12 or above (keep the same penalty to +10 on any failure).

1 Like
  • Remove Potential
  • Cap upgrades at +16 (+21 if you wanna be cheeky)
  • Increase chance of enhancement failure (grats now it is a new silver sink)
  • Don’t destroy items on enhancement failure, but still reduce upgrade level by 1 unless you use Diamonds. Make Diamonds cost 0 silver and remove Silvers. Make Goldens the new basic 0 silver upgrade item.

Grats I fixed enhancement guys. IMC will never do this since they make too much money on Diamond Anvils in Lettuce cubes.

12 Likes

You do realize what you are saying right? The Inqui AA build performs well in CM because mobs are gathered in a really dense area and things like frieno set work there, but does it blow up the WB…? CM 5 and CM 7 has literally no difference other than 2 cubes that give you mostly trash. WB rank 1 and WB rank 5 however makes a huge difference.

Shinobi/Doppel has NO place to complain about not having enough damage.

I wasn’t complaining about damage, more of the mechanics we are heading into.

Dense area or whatever, you do know how CM works in higher stages (Damage reduction), right?

And Shinobi Doppel WB, remove that damage cap bug and you’ll see what actual ranks they will get.

Do you realize that it isn’t even supposed to be possible to have bunshins deal 777 777 right now on WB without “it”

PS, you probably don’t know how shinobi works without the bug.

You won’t get swells on bunshins
You won’t get blessing on bunshins
You won’t get damage attribute bonuses on bunshins.

Not possible to do 777 777 on WB on bunshins as of now, without “it”. A lot of people are complaining already.

And sorry to derail the topic, It’s supposed to be about enhancing.

and lastly, to add, you do realize how strong AA is on velcoffer, RIGHT? this is where I’m complaining into, not my doppel’s damage. the fact that we’re relying on AA + pure damage/elemental lines now since most can’t cope up with damage reduction or ridiculously high defense monsters.

Man You are absolutely right.

ToS, a mmorpg with over 80 classes now whose endgame is focused on gearing one single character, that doesn’t make any sense.

If a game ends once your character is maxed out , maybe the game isn’t that good? Instead It should be like how you can use your maxed out character in end game content. Testing other characters and builds always seemed to me like what ToS should be like.

Marvel Heroes did this perfectly, Your gear wasn’t about RNG as heavy as ToS but It didn’t mean it was easy to maxout a character, but once you did, you could then play other heroes and max those too and since they kept adding new heroes the fun really never ended ( similar to how tos keeps adding and balancing classes).

Guess who is doing the most damage right now? This is currently in KTOS.

AA - low investment? Hahaha, try to go WB with AA as low investment.

Yep, that’s the high investment version.

Most velcoffer vids I see with lower investments are AA with enchanter/linker on team + WL

People risk +16 and above because they want to be able to do actual damage, but instead have to rely on AA and pure damage bonuses, because they cant/failed etc

weapon was specifically shown bottom left to avoid misunderstanding, lol

See how AA was utilized on this party for example:

You have to play dirty when you can’t get +21 T10.

Which is why a lot of people are complaining about enhancement system because the numbers are just piling up and enhancement levels are further increasing as a minimum requirement to dps with P2W enhancement system in place.

2 Likes

rip. system sucks. but you had it at 16 with normals. baka

3 Likes