Tree of Savior Forum

I can see it in your eeeeeeeyes!

that’s because they messed up the terminology.

It’s

verse/strophe 1

refrain

verse/strophe 2

refrain

etc.

While it’s common in the English language to use chorus, the original Greek word χορός is generally translated as “dancing”.
The reformulation of the words definition came via the German language, where “Chor” means “song sung together with other people”, which came back to the English language as “choir”.

So, chorus actually means singing with many people.
This song doesn’t have that anywhere, there is only one woman singing all the time.

The right terminology would be “refrain”, as it comes from the latin word “refringere”, which translates as “to repeat”, i.e. the part of the song that is repeated.

Sadly nowadays many people don’t care about the original definition of words (a good example would be “to discriminate”, which only means “to separate/seclude” according to the Latin original word “discriminare”)
and focus on evermore new definitions and terminology that sometimes completely contradict the original definition of the word (e.g. “democracy”, which means “rule of the people”,
but is used instead of the word “aristocracy”, which means “rule of the best/the elite”, i.e. an absolute rule of a few individuals, in our case called politicians, which is also disapropriated since
“πολιτικός” in Greek is defined as “civic”, from Greek " πολίτης", translating as “sovereign citizen”;
a rule where the sovereign citizen has no legislative power by the means of a plebiscite is not a democracy but an aristocracy/tyranny/monarchy).

1 Like

It’s a great song for an opening, but like, it’s not the right song to put in the actual game if that makes sense.

NERRRRRRD, just kidding… I always thought chorus had something to do with choir.

1 Like

4 Likes

Well u can hear the chorus are sung with the same voice in multiple numbers owo

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.