Tree of Savior Forum

I AM BORED how about you?

the game content atm is also boring to me as well. I have tested all builds I wanted. Field boss changes haven’t come yet so Rank 8 World Bosses are abadoned since hasta set is magic type only. Other field/gimmick bosses are abadoned as well. ET, well, as you guys said, is only for some builds. I’m done with Lolopanther. Solmiki is abit time-consuming now since it doesn’t have symbol system to skip floors. (Yes, I’m super lazy :sweat_smile:) Dailies stuff is even more boring because 290 boss rush now gives 50-60k silver only. Saalus becomes longer when many classes are not OP as before.

So while waiting for IMC to bring new contents, guild discord channel and new costumes are my end-game content LOL

It would be great if I can have some R9 info as well. :grinning:

1 Like

The game is becoming boring to me as well. Server and game are as unstable as before (channels crashing, crashing during loading screen, “vga error”, crashing/disconnecting during dungeon runs, skills lagging the game to death), runs became exponentially and unnecessarily slower if the people you get matched with are undergeared, 290 rush isn’t worth anymore, too few classes really viable without high end gear, some classes require constant use of potions, transcendence is still there, (edit) stupid DPK system.

Overall I think that rushing an unfinished and not properly tested patch has been a huge mistake.

1 Like

It now takes ages to kill bosses in saalus and solo 290 farming unless you’re very well geared. In essence they have made the game easier at the beginning but much slower at endgame dailies. My frustration is building with saalus boss fights spamming knockdowns and taking so long to kill the boss.

These extended boss fights sure are fun with the first impressions. But because they are dailies, doing this everyday is even more boring than prepatch in the long run.

2 Likes

Besides my PD, I have the same problem with melee and wiz (knockdown galore doesn’t help, yeah).
Dailies have become a chore, worse than before.
If this week’s patch doesn’t solve it and the rank reset ends, I think I’ll take a pause from the game.

2 Likes

THIS.

Bosses in this game are just poorly designed IMHO, as someone said before in other topic they are just bigger verions of normal mobs with ability to spam knockdowns with every single hit. Such design, much creativity.
I’d love to see an actuall boss fight where you have some phases/ have to avoid some attacks so you won’t get instakilled. It makes you more involved into what is happening on the screen rather than spaming random skills and hoping you won’t get knocked.

(PS. but since FPS being so cancerous in this game a boss with 1shot mechanic would be very lovely to deal with)

1 Like

Hi Bored I’m Dad…

1 Like

wait after rank reset end, and take advancement quest to falconer3

Oh yes, because of this mother-fluffer I stared hearing voices telling me to do bad stuff C:

1 Like

Thought: What if Trans allow an item to be upgrade in tier? It’d let people keep the special bonus they like without falling behind in stat if they’re willing to get those blessed gems. (And the item becoming untradeable would limit it to being personalized gear) And it’d open IMC up to make fancy items regardless of level because then players can always just put in extra effort to upgrade them to higher tier.

For example, when choosing to trans you have two option.
The current, simply 20% bonus attack.
And an alternative, where you must sacrifice a copy of that weapon (potential/enhancement status/gem doesn’t matter) Cap at the player’s class rank +1 to prevent players from getting too strong too easily (i.e. no lv 1 swordsman running about with 9* starter sword)
Gems required…let’s say 2x the next tier’s *, or it can be a bit exponential based on tier, since anything you upgrade in tier will likely have very strong passive anyway (like Venier’s +holy and +2 fencer skills)

After the rebalance patch, there’s a certain baseline stat on gear of certain quality/level requirement anyway, so IMC can easily just upgrade the base stat to such value.

Example
To make a 9* Geras Spear (6*) for all the spear throw loving players.
You’d need 4 Geras Spear total (base + 3 sacrifice)
And the gems for upgrading to rank 7/8/9 in total (so 14 + 16 + 18 = 48 gems total, not a small amount)

This would:

1. Create market for low potential, high value gear, because in the worst case scenario it can be used as sacrifice.
  2. Allow low rank gear with unique ability to not falls off, though instead of these new gears’ rare materials/more difficult mobs to hunt for, you’re going to use a lot more blessed gems instead.
  3. Assuming doing trans this way keep all other stat the same except the base stat (potential, durability, slots, etc remains), it also opens up an amusing scenario of someone putting in some money to makes a highly enhanced, low rank weapon, then transcend it to higher tier for better gains from those enhancement. (whether that is cheaper than just putting them into enhancing higher level gear is up for debate given the gem costs)

Now, there’s a ‘downside’ I can imagine many will be quite horrified about:
9* Cafrisun set. O_o

1 Like

TBH whe they announced “transcendence” system, this was exactly how i thought it would be. Make the nice low level gear usable at the end game.

Too bad IMC has never given a thought about what they would do with their game in the next day. Easily noticeable by how they consistently screw older content with new content, even when something new was created to “fix” a problem. (Several R7 and R8 skills/classes were made to “fix” things ppl complained about, Transcendence, Agny, etc.)

I like to sh1tpost when I’m bored

I’ve always said, when forums becames more interesting than the game itslelf, time to quit, and I did. Now seeing that after tomorrow will be 100% P2W, oh God how lucky I was to stop wasting my time and money in this garbage.

I built decent builds on two different characters of mine, I got 6 more to go and I don’t think that 1 week is enough for me :persevere:, barely touched ingame content this past week aside from events and barely have improved gear-wise.

Yet you are still here, ranting in a discussion page related to the said garbage. You seem not to know a thing about time management at all.

1 Like

Of course, and I will be here till forums die too. ToS was such a scam of game I feel obliged to spread it’s bad reputation. Take it as helping karma.

If you think that using up your time that you could be using for honest enjoyment instead is better, suit yourself. Be Haukinyau reincarnated.

Take if for granted, and thank you.

Or… they could just do what they used to do but gave up on for some reason. We got Grand Cross and then Didel Grand Cross (and supposedly at some point Marvel Grand Cross unless they just gave up on that entirely), why isn’t there a Didel Geras Spear, Didel Audra, Didel Venier, Didel Geras Spear, Didel Whatever. Weapons are so ungodly boring now, and this kind of upgrade system keeps old content relevant to some degree. I mean damn, Grand Cross is such a low level and easy to farm recipe but it still sells at a decent amount for its ease of acquisition.

Agree with this idea

Some of us have certain level of attachments with our beloved weapons and armors. For example, I think some of us still remember the struggle to rush 145/200 dungeons to get the long awaited Ignition/ Cata Club, or the Grynas hourly camping to get decent armors. Ignition for example still have that burn debuff effect which is neat for certain builds, but the damage fell off quickly as newer weapons released.

Maybe how about to make our weapons level raise together as our character level up (cap with the character rank). More painful grinding of course, but don’t we all appreciate hard works (instead of gacha-ing)? I would hold my 8* Ignition with pride since there it has been with me since the beginning. Not necessarily to be as strong as a natural 8/9* weapons obviously, but at least they should be relevant.

Again, @rolfdat idea is better, just opening up more ideas =)

And yeah 9* chafrisun would be scary

Well, I think it’s just that having to just add new version of certain effect every X level or so takes up drop spaces because you then ends up with several “mandatory” effects as your content expand.
I’m hoping they’re working on some idea similar to what I said to keep these special bonus gear relevant without having to flood the pool with “that gear+3”

Though in case of my system, Didel GC is still relevant because it’s a purple quality compare to normal GC’s blue, so at the same * ranking Didel would have higher base stat/it have more stat bonus by default.

Not necessarily, if they just balance it out with other kinds of interesting gear. For ex. maybe if you went hardcore into autoattack with QS3 + Archer3 + Whatever you’re only interested in the new GC upgrade, maybe you went QS3 Wugu3 Hackapell bossing build so you’d rather have a “+25% damage against large enemies” crossbow or something. The problem is there are so few interesting weapons, and instead of adding other interesting weapons to compete with them they’re choosing to phase them out with boring items that just add more damage instead.

And they don’t have to make the gap every single new level. GC easily lasts you until DGC and that’s a huge gap. DGC is still usable now despite being quite out of date, they could probably release MGC in the next weapon tier and it would be a healthy enough gap. Assuming the trend continues to R10, that’d be 4 versions of GC, 3 versions of other uniques (since GC is by far the lowest level one, things like Geras, Audra, Venier, Karacha are much higher tier).

When you think about it, we already have Grejtis and Kovos greaves, which already have 3 tiers of upgrades. So it’s not really that much of a stretch to imagine a weapon with 4 tiers between level 40 and level 600 or whatever.