Tree of Savior Forum

Hunter Pet AI issues (AI in general..)

You break your pet’s AI every 60 seconds? Yeesh

You don’t? Rush Dog is the strongest skill, and the 5 seconds you don’t have Rush Dog for you can be using Retrieve or Coarsing for more damage. So doing a CC attack immediately after then using other skills in those 5 seconds is a given.

This will cause your pet to bug very very frequently. Mainly if Rush Dog kills the target while also having retrieve set to the same target, then targeting something else. It will want to retrieve a target that no longer exists and a target that has been newly set.

If it doesn’t occur that frequently for you then you’ve got a lot of downtime in your skill rotations and aren’t really maximising the damage you could be doing. It bugs so frequently because the skills get used so frequently. Why would you be acting like its any player’s fault anyway? Blame bad AI, not players. That’s a silly way to act about a bug.

I specifically avoid spamming hunter skills to avoid bugging it. The pet AI glitch seems to have something to do with having too many skill commands active at the same time, so if something bugs I tend to let my pet auto-attack at least once to confirm the AI is still online. I still bug it occasionally, but the frequency has definitely gone down.

It’s true that my rotation has a lot of downtime, though, and I DO agree the pet AI needs to be fixed.

Ok.

I’m not going to.

I mean, that’s fine you don’t have to play around it like I do, and it is an annoying bug that needs to be fixed I agree. I not tryna blame you dude…

Understand the companion action queue, and what each skill does when used after some specific other skill.

If you used a command skill, it gets added to the queue.
Depends on the sequence (of skills commanded and skills executed by the companion), you may remove previous skills from the queue.
/comeon counts as well.

Honestly, I can’t replicate the retrieve-target-that-no-longer-exists thing. Can you upload a video to show how to do so?

Well…
If the pet gets in a area that needs jumping or falling, the pet will try to find a way around to reach you, and will sometimes teleport to your position when far away, places with elevations also causes the pet to get stuck, like the path to the trifurcation at Kvailas Forest.

Some places like the Overlong Bridge also causes behavior issues to the pet, they sometimes stop following the player and then teleport when too far.

When a skill is used and the targeted monster is killed, the pet gets
stuck at the same position trying to do the action of the skill,
which may or may not be fixed by using the skill again at a nearby
monster, and is only able to be fixed when relogging into the game
(The pet will remember the action if you just summon him again).

The pet sometimes seems to have problems to forget about the action
It should be doing, or target that is already dead, causing it to get stuck
in place, while stuck, there is also the chance that the pet will or will
not auto attack the monsters that tries to attack it, so bugging the pet
also opens up the exploit of afk grinding, which is currently a plague
due to all those Necromancers in the game.

Also, for some reason, the game makes valid trying to use an attack
skill while targetting the pet, which should not happen, and also causes
the cooldown of the skill to be triggered, making so your attempt to attack
is a waste of time.

I’m pretty sure the AI problem has been mentioned once or twice now during the interview with the Hakkyu who mentioned that the AI is meant to act the way it is in order to offer a challenging gameplay for the players, thus it will not be undergoing any changes in the future. Same was said about Sorceror/Necro pet AIs.

TL;DR

AI is supposedly meant to act like a retard.

Mentally retarded, It’s more like.
Because after some orders, it gets stuck.
I wonder If he actually tested deeper the class
before saying such a thing.

He plays a hunter and mains a sorcerer according to his fans.

I guess he’s on the boat of afk grinding too.

https://treeofsavior.com/page/class/ranking.php

Just pointing out that according to stats on the new website Hunter/Falconer is the 63rd most popular build, and the 11th most popular archer build.

Rework it to fix these issues IMC! It’s worthwhile doing, they’re pretty popular even with the quantity of issues they have. We don’t want new players that think “being surrounded by pets sounds fun” encountering all of this.

The best part, is that the only build for hunter in the list is the one mixed with Falconeer, meaning that if the player tries the class, is because of a hidden interest or by going based on a build.

I think the main draw people have is “Yeaaaaah, TWO PETS!”

1 Like

The green 10 means that the popularity went up 10 ranks, doesn’t it? I mean how could a Class combination have a negative -1 Class ranking?

Hunter has basically the issue of the damn pet A.I. that ruins it for most builds.
Especially if you play with a controller. How the hell am I supposed to use /comeon with my controller? If my pet gets bugged it’s bugged until I drop my controller and use the keyboard…

And then there are people who say “Hunter 3 is better than Archer 3”. I’m glad I took Archer 3 instead, at least I can still use Kneeling Shot and Twin Arrows to deal damage if my pet A.I. bugs again <_<

That one is new, I guess that /comeon will change my life.
Beside you really brought up a interesting topic.
If IMC allowed so the controller using players are able to use Macros, the /comeon could be setup on the macros, and then used by a controller button.
Edit:. Check out the controller key options, maybe there is something about that there.

/comeon works about 25% of the time if the pet is already bugging out. I put it on one of the macro’s so that I can spam it when needed, and even then its still only like 1/4th of the time it actually works.

Any Hunters out there want to discuss what they’ve noticed after the combat update?

1. Pet seems significantly stronger. Able to tank hits from mobs 40+ levels higher than it now without breaking a sweat. Before it would be an immediate 1 hit death. This makes growling so much more effective.
  2. Fewer bugs and freezes? But I’m not sure specifically which ones have reduced or are no longer occurring.

The pet is freezing less frequently, but that still happens.
And yes, the pet is stronger somewhat.

Not so off topic at all but, with this new patch… can anyone tell me if RughDog is now influenced by the weapon damage?