Tree of Savior Forum

Hunter: Give it a new skill similar to Falconers Call

After starting my Hunter/Falconer last week, I noticed that the companion A.I. bugs a whole lot of times.

It bugs most of the times if either the target dies prior to skill execution or if you “stack” many attack commands on top of each other because you e.g. made the companion target itself with a skill and because there was no reaction, you gave another command right away,etc…

Now what can you do if your pet is stuck? Obviously, you can try to feed them, use /comeon to call it and maybe unbug it if another executed command overwrites the failures of the past, but what if nothing helps? Then you have to relog.

Try relogging in a dungeon; most of the times noone would wait until you’re back, especially if your companion gets stuck again and again. You either lose potential EXP/silver or the ability to execute all your skills. Good game.

To solve this problem, the best option would be to introduce a skill similar to the Falconers skill “Call” to recall your companion and empty all his command cache that used to make him stuck in the first place.

However, if it’s too hard or not favored as players would most likely already have spent all their skillpoints on other skills and thus won’t be able to learn the skill without another reset, there is another way to solve the issue:

Make the skill Praise do exactly what I stated above,
recall your companion to your side and reset his A.I. protocoll/command cache/whatever it’s called, aside from giving him buffs.

This would greatly improve the Hunters gameplay because he would at least be able to unstuck his companion every 90 seconds if needed, and possibly avoid conflict by resetting the A.I. every time you rebuff your companion.

On a side note, here is another suggestion:

introduce new attributes to Hunter and Falconer that allow the skills “Call” and “Praise” to affect the other companion,too. There’s no harm in creating synergy between those two Classes that already work greatly together right now, is there?

The skill hounding is the closest thing I could get as a calling skill. It makes the pet follow you again but as soon as the buff disappears it will become stuck again. Also it has only 9 sec cooldown.