Tree of Savior Forum

Huge lag caused by Agny equipped (+video footage)

Date and Time: June 11th, 23h00 - 23h45 BRT
Server Name: Silute
Team Name: Pokart
Character Name: Kyute

Bug Description:
Using Pyromancer skills while equipping an Agny Necklace causes huge lag to all players inside the same map/channel as you. The difference is clear when you unequip it and equip it again.

OBS.: The same doesn’t occur with Electra Necklace when I’m playing with my Krivis Taoist. I don’t have a Zemej or Ledas Necklace to check if they’re causing the same issue and I don’t have a Plague Doctor to check if using Incinerate while equipping an Agny Necklace also causes lag on the channel.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Equip an Agny Necklace on your Pyromancer
  2. Use Pyromancer skills
  3. Unequip the Agny Necklace
  4. Use Pyromancer skills again and check the difference

Screenshots / Video:
According to the ingame ping, my latency goes from 60 to 120ms before I equip the Agny Necklace and rises up to 300~600ms when I use Pyro skills with Agny equipped.

Screenshots / Video (part 2): Challenge Mode on Sausys Room 9 channel 4 (other channels were lagging and freezing)
00:01 - 05:20: gameplay without Agny - only occasional freezing, specially during server announcements
05:20 - 08:50: gameplay with Agny equipped - totally unplayable, constantly freezing and high latency
08:51 - 12:26: gameplay with Agny unequipped again - the difference is pretty clear, the latency instantly goes back to normal

Game Control Mode: Keyboard Mode

System

• CPU : Intel Core i3-3110M 2x2.40 GHz
  • RAM : 8 GB
  • Graphics Card : nVidia GeForce 710M
  • Storage : 1 TB
  • Internet Connection : 15 Mbps/1 Mbps provided by GVT
  • Country, Region : Brazil, southern region
4 Likes

Would you mind posting the video again? I’m unable to view it :sob:

OMFG! I was wondering why only feel ppl are with lag… Im pyro + agny too, and im always with so damn lag and freezes. But today i just entered in my plague, without agny and everything was normal, just cant realized it… I think that lag issues is about some items and bonus with some skills and attributes of any update that came… idk, is impossible to play. ping test: 28 ms

PLEASE IMC! CHECK PREVIOUS UPDATES OF ITEMS AND SKILLS
@STAFF_Letitia
@STAFF

It’s happening with all of the new necklaces (Electra, Ledas, Zemej and also Agny) with any class or skill. Just equip any of them and hit a group of monsters and you’ll see your game lagging. (It also lag anyone in the party, even if they aren’t equipped with these necklaces)

Same problem with ledas/electa in maps 300+ i do not get any issues in 300 dg or maps lower level.
This problem just started recently to, as i have been using them without any lag issues for some time now.

Sure! I uploaded it on gfycat now. Will edit the first post too.

Eu estou chocado irei testar assim que chegar em casa

@STAFF_Letitia
Here’s the second part of our tests. I updated the OP with the first 2 stages of our CM recorded:

00:01 - 05:20: gameplay without Agny - only occasional freezing, specially during server announcements
05:20 - 08:50: gameplay with Agny equipped - totally unplayable, constantly freezing and high latency
08:51 - 12:26: gameplay with Agny unequipped again - the difference is pretty clear, the latency instantly goes back to normal

2 Likes

Some friends are having this same problem with other necklaces(Ledas,Electra and Zemej) !!!

I… I just made more tests with Agny and the game isn’t lagging anymore. What’s the relation between Agny and the Party Search function, I wonder?

Anyway, the problem seems to be resolved now, @STAFF_Letitia. We should still wait for other players to confirm if Agny (or any of the other special necklaces like others reported ITT) isn’t an issue anymore.

EDIT: @STAFF_Letitia, I’ve been contacted by players who’ve been testing the issue with the elemental necklaces and the problem still persists, but only in higher stages of Challenge Mode. My Pyromancer is a bit weak, so I don’t think I’ll be able to test it on CM stage 7, but I received reports that this happened for other people. This time, not with a Pyromancer character, but with an Elementalist using Agny on CM stage 7.

If the server was under severe stress due to the nearby party search function, I believe there are also issues with how damage is calculated under certain conditions (items, debuffs, etc.).

We ran tests with the agny necklace, but were unable to reproduce those exact results. If possible, could you ask one of your friends to send a video and their lastreplay file via ticket if they are facing a problem even after this week’s maintenance.

Sausys Room 9 still randomly lag, i think this issue is still happening with the Necklaces