Tree of Savior Forum

How's Scout's Version of Shinobi?

Hi. I’ve never been a Shinobi. I’ve only been a Rune Caster. I’ve been thinking about transitioning to the Scout tree but I want to know what I’m getting into. My preference in tree is usually crits and AoE. Doesn’t necessarily mean Shinobi only, but I just want to know more about Shinobi in general since that’s the tree’s hidden class.

It’s kinda weird, but now clones copy only shinobi skills.

I’m Bullet Marker Shinobi Outlaw at moment.
By the descriptions it seems clones are supposed to run to enemies and basic attack on their own, they don’t copy my gun or sword basic attacks as I do them.
Unfortunately when they appear near enemies they just run away and do nothing so they’re pretty bugged and worthless right now. I can’t even line them up to hit enemies with Shinobi skills cuz they scurry off screen like they’re afraid of the enemies. They also still drain Stamina over time despite tool-tip not mentioning it.

Actually, here, I made a quick video.

i felt sad on the current shinobi, 80% of attack skills now rely on Ninjutsu Bombs.

pros
instant bunshin

cons
clones can only use shinobi skills now.
skills now rely heavily on ninjutsu bombs to cast.

With all of the potential gone, Shinobi ain’t worth the effort to unlock in my opinion. People are gonna be pretty dissapointed when the spent hours on hours to unlock Shinobi only to get a class that doesn’t really synergize with anything else of it’s tree. At least not well enough, like mentioned before.
They could’ve just sticked to the old formula and let clones copy 1-2 attack skills of each class. Let’em do only 30% of the original damage or something but at least give them a better prupose.

Shinobi always had a power budget issue, it relies too much on clones and skills feels like too little on their own as clones overshadow their individual value. IMC is aware players like that feature and taking it away will affect the class popularity drastically however it requires too much maintenance for it to be fair for those that got it and not be an oppressive must-take class in Scout, considering how much class dynamic changed with Re:Build it would be fitting to retire clones along the patch as that would lower the impact until they figure out how to deal with the class.