Tree of Savior Forum

How we as players can destroy spamming bots!

Hi, I saw this in another thread, forgot which one, but it is a brilliant idea!

Have you ever seen what happens when a new person whispers you? Your chat automatically switches to whisper mode right? Well that happens to the bots as well!!

Just whisper a spamming bot a random message and then block them, they will be stuck whispering you instead of spamming in global chat!

Sure, someone could just sit there and switch back to normal chat, but what if 10, 20 players started to spam the bot? The person would have to babysit that bot thus lowering the amount of them.

Also this trick doesn’t work if you have already whispered them because a second whisper just adds a notification and doesn’t switch the chats, it only does it on a new whisper.

Have fun spamming the spam bots guis :smiley:

7 Likes

Great idea! Im going to try this.

Thanks, it’s not my idea but a great one nonetheless :stuck_out_tongue:

Yup this has already been mentioned several times but there is no reason not to let even more people help :smiley:

I GG all the bots I come across. Taking about 5 seconds of my time to make the game better for all is definitely worth it!

1 Like

I think they got smart about it. I tried it and it worked for a minute, then they started spamming normal chat again

lol yeah… someone mentioned this a week ago in-game and I tried it too, and it worked for about… oh… 5 minutes? Then a pause. A moment of silence. Then it resumed without having been impacted at all.

Adding /y or /s in front of a macro lets you spam directly to that channel instead of to the channel you are in. So they likely just updated their messages to always have that in front now.

Before:

“BUY X SILVER FOR Y USD AT W//W _______ .C0//”

Now:

“/s BUY X SILVER FOR Y USD AT W//W _______ .C0//”

lol

It will be hard for them if this catches on and multiple players start whispering at them every time they start spamming again. At least as long as there are new people who didn’t whisper at the already.

I can imagine how satisfying it would be if we get the report function later and multiple reports in short period of time gets them auto banned.

Edit:

That’s kind of sad to hear D:

Here is another thing we can do: