Tree of Savior Forum

How to use Bokor and allocate Bokor skills?

Bokor is a new addition to wizard tree and I’m liking it so far. However, I’m not sure how to properly use it and how should I allocate my skill points on Bokor

• Most of the time I start off by luring a bunch of mobs and use Zombify to get my summons up. I usually just use Bwa Kayiman to bring my zombies nearer and use Tet Mamak La on enemies that I want to target. The zombies however take really long to actually reach the target? Not sure if I’m doing it right
  • I suppose Effigy is a must max since it is the main damage source for Hex-ed enemies?
  • I don’t see myself actually using Damballa is there anytime whereby I should try using it?
  • Basically I’m not sure how to allocate my skill points. Do I need to max Hexing? Since the CD is shorter than the duration I could potentially keep it up 100% of the time but maxing it increases the duration in case I miss the mob and also it decreases the enemies magic defence (not sure how significant this is comparing lvl 1 vs 15)

If anyone have any suggestions on how I should allocate my skill points and how should I use the class I’ll gladly appreciate it.

2 Likes

In the past, Bokor was used as filler DPS between either heals, big spells, or during Out of Body for Sadhu due to Hex Effigy being so strong. This is still probably the case here.
You definitely, definitely want to max those two skills. They’re the mainstay of the class.

As for zombie mechanics, you generally just want to use Tet Mamak La to get zombies to one area with a bunch of mobs, and Damballa them. They don’t deal good damage just walking around. Samedieve is definitely worth your time as well, because zombies walk like zombies.

To answer in order…

1. Samedieve is your friend, friend. Zombies walk like zombies, so it’s not best to rely on them to spread out. Best not to rely on them at all. They’re zombies.
  2. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Class pairs well with long cooldowns as a result.
  3. All the time, any time you can get a decent amount of mobs together, or if you get your zombies near a boss. Just do it. Zombies are not worth keeping around, they come back anyway, so just bomb things.
  4. Max Hexing. Max Effigy. Max Tet Mamak La. Max Samadieve. Dump the remaining points into Zombify. It feels bad that the zombie class should have so little reliance on the zombies themselves, but Wizard has actually good burst damage and AOE so there’s no need to rely on big Damballas like you needed to in Cleric.

Thank you so much for your reply. So I guess my skill point will be like this??

• 15 Hexing + 15 Effigy. Mainly use this to hex enemies and spam Effigy. Question is does Hexing affect like 1 target or every target in the shooting line? And this might be a dumb question but Hexing another monster do not overwrite the previous hex-ed monster am I right? Most of the time I should just use it off cooldown on bosses to provide the magic defence reduction and also to ensure the boss is constantly hex-ed for me to spam Effigy.
  • 5 Damdalla. I was thinking maybe the best way now that you mentioned that Zombies aren’t worth keeping and you can constantly resummon them, the ideal method is to cast Zombify on a large group of mobs and use Tet Mamak La on them to lure the zombies there. After that use Damdalla to explode my zombies and once I kill the mobs even though I sacrificed my zombies, new zombies will spawn since I used Zombify earlier on
  • When should I use Samediveve? I see it is probably most useful on occasions whereby you stay on one spot like in CM or ET, but not as useful when you are mobile like during grinding/dungeons.
  • I suppose the remaining points will be put into 3 Zombify and 1 Bwa Kayiman??

Also, are the attributes to summon Wheelchair Zombies and Large Zombies even worth it?

Yeah, not sure why I skipped over Damballa, since that’s pretty necessary. I might need some mental help.
You use Samediveve whenever you’re about to use Damballa, so usually in confined areas. It’s mostly there to get your zombies there, but the minihaste is really nice too.
I don’t even see the appeal of Bwa Kayiman, but if you want it go for it!

And I have never had objective science done on those attributes since the cost is obscene.

I have a different approach for Bokor.
It is as a summoner (using the zombies as an army together with the skeletons from Necromancer). Max Zombify and Samediveve to improve the effectiveness of the zombies. I have both attributes of Zombify maxed out and basically don’t see the standard zombie most of the time. And yes, is a huge dps and utility increase. I don’t see how useful Tet Mamak La is, because you have the summon’s control skills as default. Bwa Kayiman forces your zombies to walk behind you at your speed, which helps them to follow you or whenever you want to gather them around the enemy mob. 1 point wonder, if you think you need it. Max Damballa, but only use it when you can rebuild another army. And Hexing is at level 4. Yes, not its best, but due to most of my damage is from the summons being alive, I don’t lose too much.

BTW, no matter what you do with the class, always consider max Effigy AND Samediveve. Effigy has a really good damage output (even if only against cursed enemies) and Samediveve also buffs you, which means higher max HP and increased movement speed for free!

You mentioned use Damballa when I can rebuild another army. I suppose the best way to do this is to cast zombify first before I use Damballa? This kinda ensures that my sacrificed zombies are “resurrected” by new ones??

Yep. Damballa on top of the Zombify’s circle. And also Damballa’s attribute helps on the task.

Speaking about bokor, i would like to know if FF curses trigger the effigy damage as well, someone know?

Samedieve is useful? Yes. There are things even more useful? I think yes.

I prefer to redirect samedive points.

Yes, both Bone Pointing and Kurdaitcha cause a curse that can be used by Effigy. Bone Pointing is good to auto-curse one or multiple targets for a long duration (but the IA tends to always target the same enemy. An attribute made him target a non-cursed enemy would be very convenient), while Kurdaitcha can curse multiple enemies at once (unfortunately, the footprints don’t stay long on the ground and the curse lasts only 7 seconds, not leaving much time to curse a lot of targets and use Effigy).

As a Featherfoot/Bokor/Pyro who didn’t max out Hexing (15 secondes is enough), having several different ways to apply the curse is really handy and allows you to adapt to different situations.

Here is my build : https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?tinyurl=ycb84zko (there are still some points to allocate because I have not decided yet). In the end, I have a lot of fun with this build : the zombies are powerful and easy to control (and Bwa Kayiman allows stun lock a group of enemies). I don’t use Damballa often, but it’s a nice burst skill not very restrictive as it is easy to create new zombies. Effigy is very powerful and synergizes well with FF, especially with Kundela Slash (it’s so easy to apply multiple debuff on enemies, thank to Zombies and Pyro skills). And of course, Pyro is very powerful all by himself, improved even more by the Ngadhundi’s debuff.

The only problem is the weak range of the attacks of FF, Ngadhundi and Kundela Slash (That’s why i mostly use Pyro skills for big groups of enemies, adding FF skills to bosses). The loss of the Linker is painful and an improvement in this direction would help the class a lot.

EDIT : Initial link seems dead so i add here a lengthy reddit comment i had written to explain in details my build to someone who was looking for tips https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/bwle8d/looking_to_main_a_curse_mage/eq0jx0u/?context=3 (At least this link will last)

Unfortunately Bokor class will be destroyed by the upcoming update. I really loved the class, but switching to Featherfoot was necessary.

What’s still good about the class:

• Hexing (15/15): 100% uptime skill that reduces MDEF by 15% and acts as a curse (FF synergy); 10% extra critical rate for dark based attacks (WL-SM synergy)
  • Mackangdal (10/10): 14 second invulnerability skill (can accumulate up to twice the char’s max HP or negate the damage with SM or Chrono)
  • Bwa Kayiman: 100% uptime channeling skill that will become a 50% uptime passive buff to basically disable all mobs (permastun effect) around you
  • Samediveve (5/5): 100% uptime buff that gives +4 movement speed and roughly 10k extra HPs for 90s

What’s bad:

• Effigy: useless because the pathetic SFR that never got improved, especially for a skill that requires 15 points
  • Zombify: summons what will soon be mainly normal zombies that do pathetic damage with a 25s CD which is clearly too high (there was an unwanted effect that was summoning more special zombies than intended)
  • Damballa: will force to spam Zombie Capsules every time it is used (there was an unwanted effect that was summoning more zombies than intended after the skill was used), for a SFR that also didn’t get improved