Tree of Savior Forum

How to progress on my equip?

So I’m looking to upgrade my equips but I’m not sure how should I go about doing it

At now I’m sitting on a full Solmiki set, +11 for shirt, pants and shoes with at least trans 2. My weapon is a Primus Raffye Rod +12 T6.

• Should I opt for a staff instead of a rod? I changed it into a rod because I want to try out various builds during Re:Build and the reduced casting speed helped me a lot during the trying out process. However, now that I have finalised my main build (Pyro-Ele-Tao), the only time I get to use the casting time reduction from rod is when I cast Meteor since everything else is instant cast. The rod would still be useful for my other subs especially my Onmyoji. However, it seems like staff would be better for me since my main build gets the benefit from Staff Mastery: Fire as well. I would lose a ton of defense from not using shield so I’m not sure if the reduction of survivability is worth it. Staff also somewhat look nicer compared to rod+shield.
  • What weapon should I try for? I’m assuming thar my full Solmiki would still be very useful so armor isn’t my priority now. I’m a pretty casual player I don’t clear CM on all my characters maybe 1 or even 2 depending on how free I’m because I’m studying and working. I have not actually tried out Velcoffer since I’m not sure how well accepted I will be in parties (9k matk, 12k/15k def, 62k HP). Thing is, the new unique weapons and Velcoffer seems like it requires a lot of grinding and money so I was thinking if a +11 380 weapon with like maybe a T6 would be enough?
  • I don’t have any cards or what not. When the card system was implemented I didn’t look too much into it but maybe its time to try and figure out if any cards can benefit me
  • Also is there anything which I’m missing out on?

Get cards it’s cheap, especially if you enter a guild and do some card album parties.
Velco is kinda easy, you only need 1 person with priest and t6-10 dpses, a full t10 party can do it in less than 20mins.
Shield is op, you get 10k+ defense on t10 velco shield, 1 more slot compared to using staff and only needs 1 partis solution to get a set effect on shield.
I would say get 2 lvl7 green gem for gloves and shoes, and some critty accessories.

If you want to solo CM level 5-7 rapidly just get an asio mace.

Wouldn’t staff or rod be better since staff have more matk and rod have casting time benefit?

I don’t need like the best weapon. If a 380 +11 and above weapon is good enough then maybe I would just go for this route because it is probably more affordable than velco or asio/wastrel weapon. The staff/rod cost like around 2mil-3mil with int+con stats which allows me to buy multiple and try to +11 them or maybe even more, compared to a asio/wastrel recipe which cost more than 15mil. Velcoffer can be the weapon in the long run that I slowly farm for. How troublesome is it to get a good Velco weapon with all the ichor and everything?

Before I even get a velco Shield I probably would aim for a velco weapon first which I’m not sure how long will it take. But it seems easier to get a Velco staff than a pair of Velco equip (rod+shield). But I’m not sure if more matk from staff or defence from shield is more valuable.

no need, that is pre rebuild way, now you just focus on transcend 10 first

isnt staff better for pyro/ele because it gives 15% damage increase in fireskills?

What do you mean by that? I understand that transcend gives a lot more boost now compared to anvil enhancement. However, would it be better if I were to anvil it myself? If lets say I were to get a primus 380 with a relatively good stat (int + con at least, maybe SPR if there is a cheap one) and manage to +11 it would it be sufficient? I suppose it would be much better than my current weapon (since my weapon has lousy stats). However, I’m thinking if the cost to make it trans +6 is worth it like would the difference be much if I use a 380 primus (with good stats) +11 T6 vs my current 350 primus (with bad stats) +12 T6.

True but I would be losing a lot of defence that shield can provide which adds a lot of survivability. But the matk increase for staff and the attribute might warrant it to be more beneficial for me to sacrifice defence for a boost in damage. I’m not sure though that’s why I asking for more opinions.

What cards in particular would be important for me to get? Also, isn’t blue gems the way to go for wizards? I’ve never equipped a gem before since my equips are always empty but I’ll probably invest in some for my solmiki since I think I’ll be using them for quite some time.