Tree of Savior Forum

How to buy RMT silver or abuse boletos and get away with it: How imc abuse mitigation strategies are and will continue to be failures

What are current trading restrictions and the 48 hour wait period for then? I’ve just described a method that bypasses these restrictions… how do they stop RMT or boleto abuse? How can it get worse than it already is?

dude, the boleto issue lies with Steam. It only happened due to the lack of testing. There were other games that had the same issue as well in the past.
And you can’t stop RMT as I said. If the game is hackable, there will be hacks.
Simple facts.
If they could had used some hackshield crap(which sucks anyway) they would had, but no. Their previous game granado espada was already a well known game for players themselves to bot.
And I didn’t say the trade restrictions are working fine. In fact they don’t.

That’s a terrible answer honestly. You know, that bots are expendable right?

The RMT’s who control the bots are the colony. IMC just focusing on the bots is like focusing on just stomping on ants. You are getting rid of ants and not the ant colony. RMT’s don’t care if you ban their bot because they will just make another bot. If you get the RMT, you get all his bots.

Some strategies companies use is to monitor a certain bot and see where it goes and who it interacts with to catch RMTs’. They don’t outright ban some bots immediately for that reason.

They really need a system to account for enchants, anvils, and gem slots. And not just for RMT.

Should be easy enough to exclude those cases, though. Or if someone’s selling blank items for max stat prices, that’s an easy indication of abuse.

Do you understand how absurd this argument is? I don’t understand how you are capable of typing a complete sentence, yet somehow unable to see the massive, gaping hole in your logic.

Also, none of your descriptions get around the 48 hour wait, the posting restrictions or the market tax.

Yes, the amount of silver you’ll launder will be less

Proof that the restrictions are in fact working as intended and directly impacting these exploiters, right in the middle of your own post.

So if you’ve managed to answer your own question, why are you making this post at all?

Curious… the only one I hear making that statement in this thread has been you…it’s certainly a nice straw man, I’ll grant you that :slight_smile:

I’m saying that the “current laws” don’t work (or hardly work) and there should be better ones… for example:

Yeah you say that. And yet… right smack in the middle of your original post:

You say they are working. Make up your mind.

As (relatively) easy as it is for a clever individual to exploit the many loopholes available, the best way to start combating them is to focus exclusively on busting the stupid ones. This makes the smarter ones more vulnerable via natural selection and forces them to work harder to continue avoiding detection, in turn reducing their efforts even if they’re not actually caught.

Meanwhile, the threat of it not being accessible to idiots, which comprise the majority of humanity in almost any group, will discourage some of them proactively.

No, it still isn’t easy, and no, they’ll never beat all of them, even if they weren’t outrageously in over their heads, but you’re going to get a much higher return going for the body of the snake in this case.

I’m glad that you’re enjoying the trees, but you need to see the forest too…

The current trade restrictions don’t stop people who want to buy silver from RMT (and they won’t stop clever boleto exploiters). And you argue that those restrictions are working because the people who buy from RMT or abuse boletos transfer “less” silver? There are solutions such as the market license system which would be even more effective than what we have. Why don’t you support those suggestions more vigorously instead of defending the current crap system?

Sounds like you just want to rant on that there are people who got away scotfree with the abuse/RMT. As I already mentioned there is no 100% prevention. You can’t catch every single criminal in real life, same logic.

So what’s your point of this thread? Give suggestion? I doubt so.
Stating the obvious? I think you are.[quote=“chronosanct, post:1, topic:203406”]
need to realize that anyone with more than a few brain cells probably has this figured out as well.
[/quote]

And I quoted what you writen in big bold for you.

Fair point, I’ve updated my main post, to include a more concrete and productive suggestion. One that I believe imc has ignored for 3+ weeks now?

Ok, well didn’t they make it so you cant do the exploit anymore? How many people do you think have done the exploit and where is your proof? There was one thread saying it was sooo huge and so many people were doing it, but he lied and tried to decieve people with his proof.

Did they miss some people? Probably. I think it didn’t do much to affect the economy though. Bots are more of an issue.

As I stated in my post, what I’ve written is theoretical. So of course I have no proof.

If you don’t think this is an issue, that’s fine, there’s no need to comment here then. :slight_smile:

I still don’t see the point of your thread, if you want to BUMP up that suggestion thread for awareness just post on theirs? In case you didn’t know how forums work.

Making an entire new thread saying all these [quote=“chronosanct, post:1, topic:203406”]
need to realize that anyone with more than a few brain cells probably has this figured out as well.
[/quote]

stuff is really kinda pointless.

Now don’t start saying things like

You don’t need to start a thread for this in the very first place.

Well sometimes you need to show that the current system is utterly broken in order to get more calls to transition to a better one. Because that particular suggestion has been around for a long time without any action or acknowledgement by imc?

Have you been convinced that the current restrictions don’t work and that imc needs to seriously think about having a better system? If so, then this thread has accomplished my goal for it.

Bruh, you yourself already said it’s plainly easy to figure out how easily broken their sytem is. Everyone knows you can split the silver to make it harder for tracking.

I already mentioned IMC can’t stop it totally nor can they catch every single exploiter. The only way they can solve it is by changing the game engine to some new technology that no one knows how to crack, for now.

But No, ToS has been in development for AGES. The system is old, game engine is badly optimize and easily hackable. Thus all the FPS and CBT botters issues happening. You want them to “have a better system” now? That late in development? Well they Might take it into consideration for their next upcoming project. But for ToS all they can do is keep banning bots and put more restrictions.

Get realistic.

I’m not arguing anything. I’m explaining to you that reducing the amount of silver being transferred is an example of a successful restriction.

IMC is not going to be the first MMO company ever to prevent RMT. Let’s get that laughable idea off the table right now. The only goal of these restrictions is to lessen the impact, and that seems to be working as you admitted in your opening post.

[poll][/poll]

[poll][/poll]

That Boleto issue was solve with Valve’s help. They need the list of steam accounts which are obviously linked to ToS accounts in the first place. What does solving the Boleto drama got to do with your [quote=“chronosanct, post:31, topic:203406”]
having a better system
[/quote]

??

As I said, I still don’t see the point of your entire thread, you want to state the obvious, then copypasta some other thread as suggestions into YOUR thread.

Wot.

??

[poll][

[/poll][poll]

[/ [poll]]