Tree of Savior Forum

How to attack fast for AA?

I’ve seen on Youtube that AA builds like QS-falc or BM attacking so quickly with many lines of attack and high damage.

How is that achieved? I have like 350-ish DEX, use enchant fire scroll (no cafrisun set though, it’s too weak), running shot or dual gun stance add a few lines. What else is there? And I think only the base attack depends on phy attack, the rest of the lines depend on property damage and blessing?

AA speed relies on 4 things:

1. your ping in the current situation - if you’re playing with a bad ping, hits are delayed. You’ll notice this when your char has already shot twice or more but only 1 hit registers. Also, kTOS players’ ping is insanely low compared to most if not all of iTOS players.

2. your FPS in the current situation - it affects us all, whether AA-ers or skill-spammers

3. your total DEX in the current situation (which includes DEX-increasing equipment bonuses and buffs like Priest’s Monstrance and Linker’s Lifeline)

4. buffs increase your ASPD (e.g. Chrono’s Quicken)

That said, it’s not recommended to stack too much DEX for ASPD reasons (though DEX has other benefits too) due to its diminishing effect. You’ll reach a point where you’re increasingly getting less ASPD increase for each additional DEX.

150 invested points in DEX seems to be optimal for most (it’s at least for me, with equipment bonuses around 200-250 DEX), but you may need less or more depending on the factors above, in which certain ways they apply to you.

I wrote something about this almost a year ago:

2 Likes

Ok, good info, it is pretty much what I expected.

How about the lines of damage and how to make them more powerful?

Sorry, I only know about Manahas Set and using Enchant Fire scrolls, plus Pardoner shop buffs. You can also stack on + property damage enchants on gear to increase damage of each hit.

ench fire scroll
sacrament
blessing
last rite ( chaplain)
enh lightning ( enchanter)
varpas set
freino set

1 Like

Enchant Lightning doesn’t add Damage Lines by the way.

1 Like

i didnt say it add line. he mentioning how to increase AA dmg.
ench lightning does increase the dmg of all ur AA lines.
(note ench lightning doesnt stack with silver bullet ) so becarefull when doing velcoffer or other dark prop monster.since silver bullet gives more dmg over ench lightning

1 Like

please update patch for QS3-BM AA damage stack pls

because of how limiting ping is for attack speed builds they should really cap attack speed at a point which is achievable by most players, and increase base damage of auto attacks and multipliers from skills such as running shot to equate to the intended value. auto attacking is balanced around what is theoretically achievable with extremely low ping - because higher pings on itos result in less speed, auto attacks perform under par.

Why on earth is there a thing called ping anyway?

I mean, some online games I played before never had this frature. Attack speed is only depended on DEX/AGI/SPD (whatever you call it).

Not only is high DEX needed to achieve high attack speed, we also need something outside of game mechanics?

Most obvious answer is probably preventing client side attack speed hacks by requiring the server to confirm the previous attack has registered before allowing the client to start a new attack cycle.

Works for the magical land of South Korea where everyone has sub-10 ping but us global players will just have to endure a little thing called distance lag. :tired:

Welcome to the internet. Ping is how fast your computer can send info to another (in this case the game server) and get a response back. The lower the better.

You may variously know this better as “lag” or “latency”. This is a “feature” of everything on the internet since the internet came into existence.

I game on PH with 300+ ping. there’s no problem with how fast AA is. go full dex or go somewhere else .:> DCing is the real enemy.

please update patch on double gun stance and running shot.

I’m pretty sure it’s something quite different from what I experienced before.

I mean, regarding attacking speed, if connection lag occurs, the character will stop attacking for awhile, but once the information/attack goes through, a bunch of damage will just show up. As in, the overall dps did not change. ToS is a bit different from my experience. The actual attack speed (dps) is affected by lag/ping.

Not really sure how to explain this, but afaik it feels quite different from other games.