Tree of Savior Forum

How relevant is Quicken for Chronomancers? Also, what about Backmasking?

Dude… Haste, Quicken and Pass MUST BE maximized period, no doubt about that.
And as Chrono3, I still think that reincarnate has a 10% chance to work on bosses…

Thanks for all the replies.

Anyone with slow 15 can confirm if it locks ppl in place?

To clarify, your auto attack as a wizard will be faster if you use quicken. However, you can never have two wizard auto attack “bolts” on the screen at one time. If your auto attack bolt is traveling towards the enemy and hasn’t reached them yet, then you won’t be able to launch another one. So you have to be relatively close to the enemy in order to benefit from really high attack speed.

1 Like

I got locked by a boss’ slow. I think it’s possible.

There’s no skill called ‘ress’…but I think you’re talking about reincarnate?

Firstly, the OP already stated he was focusing mainly on PvP, and reincarnate is NOT a good pvp skill.

Secondly, nobody will notice if a chronomancer doesn’t have reincarnate because the chances of it working are just that small. Seriously, its chances of working on bosses are more like 1/20 than 1/10. You do not need reincarnate to make a viable PvE chronomancer.

Since the OP is focusing mainly on PvP, then he might need the extra point for having Slow be one level higher so he can lock opponents. This is even more true given that PvP Chronomancers tend to put more than one point into Stop as well, so he will be tight on skill points anyway.

Even if there is a chance for reincarnate to work once every so often, if OP wants to focus mainly in pvp then the benefit of having an extra point in slow most likely outweighs the small benefit that reincarnate gives in some bonus EXP once in a while (not to mention the CD on reincarnate is massive, making it that much less appealing).

Just because there is value in considering not to take reincarnate does not mean I am saying the skill is useless. It just means I am considering the specific scenario OP is offering instead of going by the "take this skill ‘cause it can be useful’ mentality.

Let’s face it, what makes chronomancer relevant in PvE is NOT reincarnate, so don’t say that anyone who thinks reincarnate is not worth taking does not know anything about the class.

Mind uploading a video of this? I’ve failed to reincarnate on quest mobs (specifically the kill X mob or attain X drop from X mob quests) 95% of the time doing so, and I am very close to the monsters while casting it, so I don’t believe that is the problem. On non-quest mobs,the skill works fine.

I’ll try uploading my own video of it failing multiple times sometime soon, but it is very frustrating so I would like to see how you get it to work at all.