Tree of Savior Forum

How necessary is Surespell and Quickcast?

Just started my mage.

I plan on doing a pure ice mage build.
Was thinking:
Wiz - Cyro - Cyro- Cyro- Ele - Ele - Ele
With Electrocute doing bonus damage on frozen enemies.

Or maybe getting a rank of Rune Caster for Rune of Ice?
Is that worth it?

I have noticed though that Surespell may be necessary for this class especially at high levels if you can’t be hit even once while charging up a spell.

So I guess I’m asking higher level mages, is Wiz 2 with Surespell critical for later gameplay? Or will I be fine skipping over it?

Has anyone tried this type of build before? I see everyone recommending Warlock and others… but those classes really just do not interest me at all…

quick cast is the reason why people go wiz3
wiz-wiz-2-wiz3-ele-ele-ele

not only you get 50% cast time reduce you also get 50% more damage on all your spells…

quick cast attribute adds 50% dmg and you can have it up the whole time

and also all rune caster skills have 8 sec cast time

Here’s what i’ve gathered from the forums:

1. Sure spell is not useful later on. It only keeps charging skill from stopping if a enemy hit you normally. But not if they knock you down, knock you flying etc, which happens all the time in all boss fights. It would be useful if you are fighting a mob that doesn’t knock you around.

2. Rune of ice is not useful for elementalist. Frost cloud and hail do not benefit from the 300% ice damage (basically skills that you just cast and leave it on the field to do damage won’t benefit from rune of ice). Cryomancer do but their damage isn’t that good anyways.

3. Bosses don’t get frozen, so I think the bonus for electrocute won’t even work as it only works on frozen enemy.

4. Most people that take wiz 2 only are going psychokino path.

Takes all i’ve got. Im making a wiz3-ele3-something right now so I can’t tell with regards to slow casting. Im a 224 alch with pyro as the only damage route but pyro don’t have charging cast time. The ele’s i’ve partied with most just leave hail and frost cloud -> when safe -> use eletrocute -> when really really safe -> use meteor. Some of them casts both buffs and some of them just cast quick cast for damage.

If this two skills is a passive, then it more worth or have longer duration…

Too bad, else it totally 80% useless