Tree of Savior Forum

How is Pillage now?

iirc, the pillaged silver only around 100 silver

Pillage is kinda okayish on my farmer build (corsair>linker>thauma).

I was able to pillage around 1.2k Silver per linked mob of around 10 monster in a lvl 330 field map while farming for materials. It procs decently often this way.

They may have ninja patched this:

Typical IMC.

It is working inside Baubas Cave, but only for Silver as far as I noticed.

Important to notice that Baubas Cave is kinda weird, cause it is a Hunting Ground (not a regular field), but it can be selected for the Daily Mercenary Mission, despite other Hunting Grounds not being selected in the past for this kind of quest.

It may be an half assed fix for the pillage bug that came with re:build, still typical IMC.
Besides, pillage working only with silver and normal monsters makes it useless and now I have a useless toon.

the way to test if pillage can steal item is the enemies must have loot table first. I dont think any baubas enemies have loot table after i checked at tosguru

Then it will be ineffective in any rank10 maps…

I will check it in a moment on a lower level map

EDIT:
Quick 10minutes test at Tevhrin Cave 5, used only auto attacks and Swell Brain (to see if looting chance might have an effect alongside Pillaging).

I droped silver quite often, but no items at all. Misc items/materials and equipment dropped only when monster was defeated. Nothing dropped the same way as the extra Silver. I guess it is already dropping only extra silver, as described. No items anymore.

But 10 Min isnt a valid Test. Did u try 1h? Cause no one knows sucess chance to pillage items.

Before Rebuild there was a low chance to get items mostly u needed some time

try using low level char and dont equip weapon for better surveying

this is pre rebuld chance

and enemy can only be pillaged ONCE

It’s intended that Pillaging only grants silver. It can no longer give items.

image Pillaging
Before: Chance to plunder enemies when attacking them.
After: Chance to steal Silver when attacking regular monsters in a normal field map.

Plunder will no longer incorrectly reactivate after attacking monsters.

Current itos description now reads:

​Applies a chance of pillaging Silver every time you attack a regular monster in a regular field
[Pillaging] effects apply only once per monster
Applies only when the party leader is a Corsair​

If it was intended, they should’ve written it in patch notes and not ninja changing it, but that’s asking too much from IMC.

1 Like

The reason this occurred is because Pillaging was broken with [Re:Build]; it did not work. This is partially due to changes with how IMC now handles loot drops, but also just due to the adjustments to the rank and skill system. KToS fixed this by changing it to the above system (only stealing Silver).

Rather than waiting for that update to come over in a content patch, they ported the fix over to get it in for the 1/29 maintenance. When we get fixes like this in early, sometimes they can get lost in translation and not show up fully in the patch notes.

I agree that it should’ve been in the patch notes, but at least the in game description was updated correctly to reflect the new functionality.

Yeah, well, too bad that now pillaging is useless and I wouldn’t have switched class to scout if they mentioned it in patch notes.

It’s amateurish at best, it only shows they don’t test their stuff.

Judging by the amount of regular items that dropped, I could tell that, if Pillaging was working with items, it would drop something.

Anyway, the patch changed it, as @crevox shared here.

The only thing that is not certain to me is about ‘regular fields’… as this happens in Baubas Cave, but afaik it is not a regular field (not complaining, at least I can plunder some extra Silver while farming…)

My guess is they’re just trying to say that it won’t work in instanced areas (raids, missions, etc). The English text is exactly as the Korean text describes it, so it’s likely just a poor way to explain that restriction.

1 Like