Tree of Savior Forum

How is kabbalist3?

Thank you so much! This helps a ton!
Would you say a build like this one with pure Int looks good then? I figured I should max Ein Sof to give myself more HP when using Sadhu’s Out of Body, for example, but that’s my theory and might not hold up - maybe more points in Clone (though that would likely be better for the Bokor-farm-build) or Revenge Sevenfold would be better. Also I never know about Divine Might; I KNOW it’s a good skill, but I just… always forget to use it. Lol.
As for the Diev skills, I just went with the three statues since I figured that the attack skill likely isn’t all that good and the wood isn’t too expensive (I hope…).
I am sorry about basically asking about everything, but as I don’t have a second reset voucher and never tried any of these classes (except for Kabba1 and generic Cleric, of course), I kind of need the confirmation that this is how I am supposed to build things. I don’t want to mess up now and have to trash the character in the end anyway simply because I didn’t know what I was doing.

Yeah that makes sense! I think you could prob do -1 Vakarine +1 Carve for the random filler, and arguably you only really need 1 on Revenged Sevenfold (i see it’s utility as a shield to keep you alive, not for the free counter-damage to enemies), so that could be 4 more points into Clone, but I think overall that’s a really minor detail. Keep Divine Might, it’s absolutely worth it just for higher uptime on Transmit Prana alone, but better everything is… pretty cool. Wood for statues is not too expensive - Laima is really the only one you need. Zemyna is great for parties, but that’s a bit of an issue for you, and Vakarine is cool, but we also have quest warps =P.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you so much for the info! And I agree with the Revenge Sevenfold thing; I have it on 5 on my Taoist and it didn’t make much difference when it was still lower level.
I know everyone seems to love Divine Might, but I always, always forget about it. Both on my Taoist and on my Inquisitor. I dunno, something must be wrong with me when it comes to that skill. Maybe because I never notice when it runs out so I never cast it again after the beginning of a dungeon and am just too used to live without it.

Let me confirm: I need to carve the Laima statue FIRST and then use the skills within its range, right? There was a Diev in the dungeon with me today and carved one and I was like “Okay, my cooldowns didn’t go down, what happened” when it appeared and my skills were still unuseable.

Well, now I feel knowledgeable enough to do this. Time to say goodbye to my Inquisitor and get my new build up and running (and then I have to learn how to play it before doing tomorrow’s dungeons…)! I really appreciate all the help!

So I did my reset and am Sadhu3/Kabba3 now. :smiley: And I don’t know how to play this and died to a Rodeljokel. Not even an elite one and I’m like 40 levels above it. Lol. :joy: I guess most of it is my fault, though - Double Chance has such crappy range and I keep forgetting that the body is what dictates the range and not wherever I am with my OoB-soul-thingy. Possession is much more handy, but once I activated Gevura the enemies just loooove to partially sneak up behind me and clobber me from there while Possession hits only the ones in front. I am bad. :stuck_out_tongue: I pity the fools who will be in dungeon with me tomorrow (and myself; if even a Rodeljokel which is not auto-aggro kills me, I don’t wanna know what death expects me in the 300 dungeon). I obviously really need to train and get the sequences into my muscle memory for faster key pressing, at least.

I am really glad to be away from Inquisitor, though, and I love my math skills already. It’s just the Sadhu skills (and lack of defense while using OoB) giving me trouble right now and Gevura is so much more easy to use than Double Chance that I will do the Bokor build as well, just for the fun of it. :smiley:

2 Likes

Making a third post here because I seemingly feel important or whatever.:see_no_evil:

Still bad with my Sadhu (I didn’t dare to do dungeon, I am not good enough to deal with auto-aggro mobs yet), but I also started my Bokor and got her up to Level 160. And in the end… I must say I really don’t like the class. My main issues are that Effigy is basically useless despite the build linked here advising to max it - if there’s 30 enemies in Demon Prison attacking me, I can use Hexing and maybe get 1-2 to hit with Effigy. That is not enough to help me survive, especially in later places like Sausys, where buffs don’t make you semi-invincible. Kabbalist won’t add much in terms of damage-options besides Merkabah, after all, and only enhance those there with Boker3.
Damballah is really good, but the fact that I basically need to cast Zombify first below it to keep my zombie-supply up makes it incredibly difficult to use because the radius of that summoning circle is WAY too small and most enemies hit by Damballah aren’t even in it. It’s like Sorcerer/Necro in way, way worse and super-limited. :confused: Despite the fact that I already invested 10mil in attributes, I am actually considering deleting the character; I find the small circle obnoxious. If it would be as big as the Samediveve range, things would be different, but like that, it’s so much positioning hassle that I take a ton of damage before I’m ready to cast since the zombies must also be near Damballah and on the circle and just ugh.

Even though a lot is clearly me being inexperienced, Sadhu is definitely even harder than Bokor to play, as the lack of damage-avoidance during Possession and OoB is literally killing me as I cannot move during these skills. So I sadly have to say that Kabba3 - yeah, getting back to actual thread-topic now - is likely so unpopular as attack build not because it lacks synergy, but because the classes it actually has synergy with are just not easy to play (or at least not in combination with Kabba; a Bokor/PD is surely doing better). Which is SAD because I love the math skills. Or, well, I love Gevura. Double Chance with its crappy range is just bad.

So, uh, question time once more:

1. Any other ideas for Kabba3 damage-focused builds? I am by now more thinking in the Krivis-direction, even though I definitely won’t make another Zaibas-based character before my Taoist reaches 360. Also, since I likely either missed it or it’s such a dumb question that no one asked it before: Does Kabba3 just change rod-attacks to LOOK like magic-attacks or are they actually magic-attack based (as in, is Kabba3 with attributes a permanent auto-Daino so that an AA build on an Int Kabba would actually work)? The description of the attribute just says it increases magic attack, but it does obviously cause the unlisted change in rods…

2. My Sadhu has HORRIBLE issues with Gematria/Notarikon. As in, setting-issues. The numbers don’t display half the time. I seem to be able to make them appear more often by turning “effects of other characters on”, but I cannot do that unless I’m alone on the map or the game crashes my poor computer. What are the minimum settings needed to display the numbers reliably? I tried several things, but either they remained gone (when turning background effects off), were displayed sometimes and sometimes not (with background effects on, but effects of other characters off) or were permanently there (with both on). My own effects are always on and normally I would think that my effects should be what triggers them, but obviously I am mistaken…

I briefly read through your 3 posts. I’m not sure what the details are, but seems like you are having difficulties playing bokor and sadhu?

Well, for the sadhu case, I think the problem is kabbal3, not sadhu3. Maybe safety zone and plague doctor’s healing factor can help with out of body? Back then fade works as well, not sure if they changed it.

And for bokor3, it goes well with plague doctor. Hex and zombify may have smalle radius, but pandemic helps.

I’m glad you are sharing your experiences here. I was about to make a full INT bokor3-kabbal3, but now I will go with full SPR to have a bit more zombie damage.

1 Like

I’m not having much issue with Bokor (as it is hard having real issues before level 200 when using buffs since everything dies in 1-2 hits), I just really don’t enjoy it since it forces me to fight only in a super-small area which is the zombie-making circle. Sadhu, however, I still really have issues, but I want to attribute it to me not being used to the class at all and “suddenly” getting a level 328 character with it. Also, according to a friend I asked who also has a Sadhu, my problem is that “my armor is ****”:sweat_smile:, which is true since my good armor is plate and I couldn’t use that for my Kabba since she needs cloth for the movement speed effect.
And I’m already using safety zone like crazy, really. Main issue is me missing with Double Chance, though, since its range is soooo bad.

I have no Plague Doctor on my Sadhu, so that cannot help me at all. Fade is something I indeed would have to try, though - I have it only at level 1, but 12 seconds should be more than enough.

And there’s zero room for Plague Doctor when you want Kabba3, sadly. :frowning:

Then Damballah will do a lot less damage, though, and Damballah is kind of the reason for the Bokor-Kabba combo, right? Let me know how it works out for you, I’d be interested to hear if that’s a viable build!

I am not investing in this character anymore, but I played Sadhu Kabbalist for a long time, so I might have some outdated info but still may be useful

• Don’t use your Spirits’ Auto Attack. It doesn’t worth, specially in group content

• Double Chance’s AoE is terrible. You can still manage to get a good amount of monsters, but is really hard and they need to be really on top of each other. Save it for bosses or controlled situations

• Double Chance + ABE and Gevurah + Possession. I think it was already said before in this topic.

• This one I learned watching @Nekorin videos: turn around to cast Merkabah. Chariots deal damage when 1-explode 2-passing through (or near) monsters. So, instead of casting it to run from your back to explode in the middle of the monsters, turn around and cast it to explode right after you, making the chariots run through the monsters. Nice if you can combo with Possession for the extra holy damage and attributes

• If you think you spend too much time using both calc skils to get good numbers, use the addon Alt Target (or altarget). It wil show you previously the values you can get with both skills, so you can go for the better one right away

• You need a good upgraded weapon, with transcend. This will help a lot for damage.

Mobbing Techniques

• Use yourself as a bait. Cast Safety Zone with a good level, like 8~10 plus attributes. This will give time to calc, pop out your spirit and do stuff. For this one, always go for ABE, cause Possession you can work around without worrying about being hitted a little

• Personally, I don’t go for more than 8 monsters in a mob. Doesn’t worth the time you spend with more monsters to manage

• If you have Dievdirby, use Fade then cooldown Statue. This will erase your aggro, all the monsters will run to the statue, and you can freely reposition and cast

• Gevurah, with the Minimal Correction Attribute, can be used as a taunt. Cast it whitout Gematria/Notarikon and you gonna taunt all monsters around

• Possession is also a matter of kitting and getting used with the casting time. You can observe the mob and learn how to walk around them in a way they will group enough to be inside Possession’s Area. Better served in a large place for kiting

But, most important of everything, you are a support character in essence. With Cleric 2 and Kabbalist 3, most of your kit is not meant for damage, but to support people. Sadhu will give you ways to deal better damage, but this is not a good composition for a damage dealer class in the Cleric Tree, you definitely have better combos for this. Just deal your damage, but don’t forget to support your party mates, cause your calcs are not meant to be used only for your own. :wink:

Use the dungeon as a test field, playing solo. Mobs are set and you know them, their damage, behavior, no respawn. Get buffs and take your time to practice.

PS.: be careful of actual kabbalists’ skills crashes. Also, OoB used to crash sometimes, not sure if is corrected already

3 Likes

Thank you so, so, so much for those tips! They are all insanely helpful!

I have played a bit more with my Sadhu yesterday, mainly the dungeons, and I indeed ended up as a supporter - though honestly, I feel like there’s little else to do with a party anyway, as everyone else uses up my Gevura/Double Chance anyway.

I still struggle so much with OoB; especially with auto-aggro mobs my Safety Zone just doesn’t hold long enough (I had opted for Cure 10 for the damage and just have Safety Zone at 4 and Fade at 1; clearly a mistake now). I never tried the statue trick with Fade, though; I will definitely do that today! Gevura+Possession works much nicer.

I haven’t tried installing any add-ons, ever, since I always feared that my game would slow down and lag even more. Maybe I really have to, though, given that I just cannot play with effects of others on, which means I don’t see what numbers Gematria/Notarikon calculate.

My weapon right now is rubbish, not gonna lie. I only invest in 350 weapons/armor, really, as everything else feels like a waste and I’m still 20 levels away from that point.

But yes, I think I just need to parctice a lot more. :slight_smile: It definitely is a build more for party than for solo play, that’s for sure.

So far, my game hasn’t crashed from Gevura, though. At least that looks good.