Tree of Savior Forum

How is EXP calculated now?

I’m wondering how EXP is calculated now, in terms of when in parties and when not, and if there’s still EXP penalties when monsters are higher and lower level. There’s some old information about it, but I don’t know how it is now, what changes have been made.
Anyone know or have recent information or have checked themselves?

One thing i read about the machaincs i can tell but not proof to you (just by my very own experience ingame)

Monsters 4 level below you get their exp reduced 5% for every level beyond, making a 24 level lower monster giving you 1 exp.

Monsters 11 level above you get their exp reduced 5% for every level beyond,
to a maximum reduction of 80% of it’s exp. The monster names ingame will be shown in more orange color pattern.

For the party exp share i’d say it’s not even staying on the same map but being close to your partymembers. (like 1 1/2 visible screens away)

Please feel free to correct me or state more precisely

Hmm have you tested this yourself? If not where did you get that info from?

I don’t recall that being the case.

You don’t get reduced exp for monster above your level. I tried it myself using exp viewer.

I haven’t used a exp tool (or any other) by now. Also only tried to grind low lvl monsters yet, didn’t try to kill monsters way above my level. :wink:

I got the information from a guide (ToS mechanics) from an ambicious user around here. (Sorry for not giving the source)

It’s from vyne_ from this forum and here’s his topic:
ToS Forum Mechanics Guide
(it’s page 38 & 39)

Guess i just relied on outdated information?

It’s hard to tell exactly how things are right now. Some say there isn’t the exp penalty, yet old information says there is. So my guess is some of it may have changed (hopefully for the better) since then.
Not sure though.

Rooke is almost right.

The correct version is:

Monsters 11 levels higher than you has its exp reduced by 5% with an extra 5% reduction for each level past this. There is a maximum of 20% reduction.

You used to get a level penalty from monsters 5 levels above you (stupid right), but they changed it. I am just trying to find the patch notes where it states this.

1 Like

Nice, thank you. You sound pretty sure.