Tree of Savior Forum

How good is Reflect Shield?

I am thinking in making a sorcerer and I plan on doing GvG/PvP aswel so, how good is Reflect Shield?

Even at higher ranks, lets say lvl 13, does it stil suck at level 200+?

Thank you!

There’s no reason to not take it, given that most Wizard skills don’t need heavy point investment. That being said, there is also no reason to uprank Reflect Shield past lvl 5 (or however many ‘extra’ skill points you have leftover for dumping into it) since it doesn’t really get THAT much better the higher the level.

Reference this thread, specifically the pictures on post #44 for your question on reflect shield’s viability at higher levels.

Nice thread, seems like I didn’t do my research well lol… Since I am going for Wiz3 I was thinking in max my Sleep, getting 5/10 Surespell, Magic Missle and Quickcast but I wasnt sure where to put the 13 points left…

put at least one of the left overs in lethargy (for the attribute to increase some cleric’s auto attack damage), dump the rest into reflect shield. I always feel like I can tank a little with the shield on, guess that thread confirmed it.

Yeah the knockback prevention from reflect shield is almost essential for some classes. Especially those with channeling abilities or high cast times. Surespell prevents the channel from being interrupted by damage but does nothing to stop the effects from being ended prematurely by knockback.

The “nerf” people mention is just because previously Reflect Shield had a built-in Surespell by accident, which made Surespell completely useless in icbt2 (why get Surespell when Reflect Shield did the same thing only much more effectively? lol). Now though the two are separated as Reflect Shield had the damage-interruption immunity removed.

But yeah almost essential for some classes and setups. Like Feather Foot for instance. I have a C3 Wiz FF, and just to get an effective Blood Sucking off against pulls like Black Coliflys I need to cast: Surespell (so the dmg doesn’t stop me), QC (so I can get that boost), Energy Shield (so their attacks don’t knockback and end it since every basic attack they make has it), whatever other X spell setup you have, then Blood Sucking channel. If you have a large pull then a few hits on shield helps a little, but, the lower the level the more quickly the effect will end.

If you don’t have channeling or cast-time abilities then you’d likely omit Surespell as well. Seeing that you’ve elected for it to be in there I can assume you’ll have at least a couple skills that will benefit from a higher level shield for that knockback immunity against mobs and some player skills.

What level do you think it’s worth putting points in? 5 it’s fine?

In all my Wiz C3 builds I normally have it at Lvl 7 with Sure Spell at Lvl 10 (since in pvp the additional duration helps account for time spent chasing or running lol). If I drop points from Sure Spell I’ll add them to Reflect Shield depending on the setup. But I’d definitely say more than 5 if possible.