Tree of Savior Forum

How good/bad is Gae Bulg now? (Edit: plus some Hoplite questions)

Why noone wanna try the Barb3- Goon3? Cleave will buff dragon soar ( now the most powerfull dragoon skill), warcry can extend serpentine and gae bolg debuffs ( as cleave as well) and buff all dragoon spells ( coz the Physical attack buff to the player). Basically, spear lunge buff only pierce attacks, barbarian can boost all the dragoon kit.

For Pvp i think synchro is better then pierce or stabbing.
Synchros dmg is good with a good shield i hit 300k with a t6 spear in 340 hg.
Its faster to use and stabbing locks you in a place.

About gae bulg.
You can use long stride before the knockback put the enemy in the range of gae ^^
Most of the time i do it just for style but it could maybe be usefull for pvp too.

1 Like

It looks good on paper but there aren’t many scenarios that you need all that long debuff duration. Even stage 6 and 7 cm, the mob still die fast. Probably useful for bosses at least. Could go highlander2 instead of swordie3 for more skill rotation and more debuff shock and bleed

Just be careful with the terrain level, sometimes when you use Gae Bulg standing in a terrain depression, the skill will miss mobs that are higher than you.

If you don’t like dragontooth (like me), just put the rest of the SP in Gae Bulg, since the debuff duration increases with the skill level.

Pretty basic I guess:

For mob groups that I can one shot with Fall it’s usually just:

Swashbuckle then run around to group 'em up, buff DPE and use fall.

For groups with higher HP, I debuff them with Serpentine and/or Lunge first.

For smaller groups (e.g. 7 or less) or when Fall is on CD I use Serpentine and/or Lunge (if following up with Dethrone) then finish with Cyclone and/or Dethrone depending on how tight the mob is.

Dragontooth sort of acts as filler in PVE for me. Same goes for Stabbing. Between the two though Stabbing is more useful in most situations in terms of AOE damage.

Stride and Spear Throw I expect to be used more in PVP situations but I’m yet to really test them.

I tried Pierce, and even with 2x more hits when using Shock debuff it’s really still crappy animation wise and I found the damage isn’t so great compared to other Hoplite skills. But then, there really isn’t much other skills to spend skill points on. If you’re only going to play pure PVE, I would recommend to keep Long Stride and even Spear Throw to 1 and then invest those extra points in Pierce.

Synchro seems to be really made for Murms. Anyone tried Dragoon2 Murm1 yet?

Final build for those interested: https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#1134449fff.253555.3545.1f3f597165.153555.1821354f5a7581

1 Like

Noticed this with Dethrone though. Perhaps with most if not all trajectory-targeted skills if that’s the right term.

Well, if you use 1h-spear and shield Synchro Thrust hits pretty hard. Doesn’t need to be a murm to use it.

It’s best for pvp too since it has the fastest animation speed.

Long Stride still feels awkward to me since it scatters mobs everywhere.

Just a heads up, dragoon’s dragon soar could be bugged inside TBL, SEA’s top goon has his lvl 15 soar turned to lvl 4 thus no multihit attribute.

Gae bulg debuff is really sweet against bosses now that fake multi hits are fixed, 777kx2 with dragoon fall :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

ok updated: long stride is actually decent in pvp now the dmg is a bit weaker than syndro counter but it has 3 oh a decent aoe so its actually worth 10/10 pts in