Tree of Savior Forum

How do you guys feel as a cleric

So, with the new healing mechanism, I have a much harder time keeping up with healing considering I’m more of a dps build. That is fine and all because I believe only a full support build should deserve the ease of keeping the party alive. However, seems like some of my teammates do not understand this and get mad when they die in CM or Saalus.

How are your experiences being the dps or hybrid cleric in a team?

I feel great…

1 Like

I feel really good, but I only play solo cm atm, I can heal myself really well with just healing factor… But yeah, the new heal is not so easy to use at others, even more when you have to keep your skill rotation, if people do not wish to take a druid or priest with them, they should expect to die once or twice in a while… Or not, if they have good armor or the cleric is paying really really good attention, which is not my case since I play really reaxed… I could drop heals on the ground before, no prob, but now it hurts my brain haha, oh, not anymore actually, since I got druid now too. Also, did you know this new heal has a really good range? Do not know how much exactly, but it goes beyond your screen, this helps quite a bit too.

You either go priest to be a healer, or ignore priest and become full dps cleric.
There is no “hybrid” cleric now.
Play as party: Have priest in your build
Play as Carry (either solo or team play): Have PD in your build
Play as Full support: Have both

I have 2 clerics and 2 different attitudes when playing them.

One build has priest to heal and buff the party.
The other is the ‘selfish’ build where my heal and my buffs are intended for me alone (Inquis-Zealot-PD).

I won’t join CM/raid party using the ‘selfish’ build when they specifically ask for healer, I will use the one with Priest in it and act the role of healer.

But when I queue Dungeon or Saalus or initiate my own CM/raids with the ‘selfish’ one, the party will just have to get used to the ‘sporadic’ heals. I will use my heals on my character / finish my combo rotation first. After that, if there is any heal overheat to spare then sure, I will heal them.

If anyone dare to berate me for this I will tell them to buy HP potions and stuff their arsehole with it.

I play as Inqui -> Zea -> Priest. Get enough SPR gears, a good weapon and you can perform great as a healer and great as a dps.

Zea has some great support skills against bosses too: Immolation reduces their pdef by 50% for up to 10 seconds and Blind Faith increases crit damage by 50% for even more than 10 seconds. This applies not just to yourself but party members too.

I think the issue is more about the general perception / sense of entitlement from others of what cleric class should do in the party.

My healer cleric build is Exo, PD, Priest. With it I can still do great damage and support party. But my attitude when playing this is to focus on healing or supporting others first. For example, I will stop chanelling Rubrik the moment I saw others needing heal.

However when I play using my inquis/zealot/PD build my focus will be on dealing damage with my Burst combo and keeping my own character alive. Healing others comes second.

I think OP’s concern is more about what other people expect from dps/non-support cleric’s playstyle in their party.

I’ve tried builds fully focused on healing, you can try things like Druid + Paladin + Priest, with Chortasmata + Restoration + Mass Heal spamming and there will still be people who will die in your party constantly. It doesn’t matter if you’re “full support” or a hybrid with good healing capability, if your party members suck they will die either ways.

Some people will just die in 1 hit and there’s nothing you can do about that. Cleric’s damage mitigation skills aren’t strong enough to prevent that. Things like Aspersion barely helps party members that already have crap defense. Even a super strong damage reduction buff like Resist Elements will only prevent 1-hit deaths for 45 seconds on a 90 sec cd (meaning the other 45 sec they’ll be dying over and over again). It doesn’t matter if you are a full support or not, players with low defenses will eventually die and there’s nothing you can do about that.

The best solution to that is carrying your whole party. Party members died? You say f*ck it, start burning your flesh through immolation and obliterating things around you. The best support is the support that kills everything threatening your party. When you act as a main healer and fail to heal your party because they suck, it’s your fault, but when you finish a CM stage 7 solo while everyone else is dead they silently realize how weak and useless they are compared to your ultimate “support” capabilities.

1 Like

I think the biggest difference is that my teammates cannot see that I’ve been healing them. Back then I can drop the heal tiles and they know I am watching out for their HP.

If someone can’t see what the healer is doing for them… They’re simply bad.
When I play on a DPS non-cleric class, I pay attention to my HP and what I’m doing, and thus I can see the healer is actively helping me and the whole party. And I try not to make their work harder.
People who don’t see that are likely people who don’t pay attention to their own HP in general, and to a lot of things in game. That’s pretty terrible.

1 Like

Those who do not play Cleric don’t even need Heal in the first place, no idea why they are mad.

Swordsman has Peltasta to reduce all damage to nearly nothing, or at least Bear for over 20% damage reduction. Getting a good shield and plate set negates most of the damage.

Archers can attack from afar and have lots of CCs to keep enemies away/disabled. Quarrel Shooter can help with survival if needed.

Wizards have permanent 20-35%+ damage reduction, a lot of CC (Psycho/Cryo) or damage mitigation (Shadow/Sage/Featherfoot). If they equip plate & shield, they can become as durable as a non-Pelta Swordsman. Also able to use Restoration Scrolls on harder content due to natural SPR growth.

Scouts have high evasion and thus evade about 50% of all attacks. Enchanter allows for additional block (halving damage), Linker for CC, Assassin & Bullet Marker with iframes and Cloaking to negate getting continuously targeted.

At the moment people are simply undergeared for content if they die all the time, or did not invest into the right attributes.

TOS in Re:build offers a lot of survival options throughout all Class trees and you can pick any of them to make your life easier.
If you don’t pick any of them and still play as if you’re permanently protected you’re doing something wrong.

Move, learn to pot, upgrade your equipment, prioritize survival skills/attributes before damage ones if you fail to survive. Learn about the monsters, their attacks/attack patterns, time & match their attack delays with your attacks and movements. Use sprint/dash if possible/required.

As Cleric I only have Heal and I only use it for myself. I always need to be close to the enemy to deal damage so I cannot spare a single Heal for someone else. I don’t see anything wrong with it either.
Those who play the game always have the choice to play Cleric and have Heal or play something else and thus have to make do without it.
It was their choice to skip Heal and was their choice to skip the survival skills/Classes in their Class tree, so the Cleric cannot and must not be blamed for the bad choices made by others.

1 Like

Are you guys for real or am I still dreaming? Healing by pressing a skill button + a direction arrow is HARD? It’s other people’s fault if they don’t survive?..
Dude, while I understand the frustration of keeping alive people with crap armor, you are ■■■■■■■ required of playing your role in a party no matter how shiny your dps is, so suck it and smash those healing skill buttons and try to git gud at party play or go back to single players, for the love of god

Amazing, best tree ever.

Cleric > All. As usual, though.

Mouse mode users can’t target. Forgive us. :joy:

Love the new target system, can heal anyone even miles away, and i can prioritized who I should heal first
Have no issue healing up to stage 5 in STT CM with Druid as long as party wearing proper equipment. However, priest is needed in raid unless the whole party is vastly over gear.
Problem would be some people expect you to heal the entire party as long as you a cleric, which I struggle to keep everyone up with my Inquis build

Well I do struggle to keep teammates alive if I don’t take a Priest along the build. Mine is also dps oriented but since I have a mage build, I do get some healing out of SPR, but by not means is enough.

People on my server understand this and seek for full healers for the party and I keep my healing mostly for myself.

I did, however, just finished a Velcoffer run and I had to assist the main healer a lot by keeping the allies alive with a last second heal from my part. So despite not being the best heal (Mine is around the 13k I believe right now) it does help the team to a extend. The circle function also helps a lot since it lets me heal from any angle or range.

i feel good, i feel nice. I’ve never felt so satisfied.

• New heal post-cast delay is too annoying and lag makes it far worse.
  • Losing dmg mitigation is huge blow. Rotating between sterea and safety zone is fun and rewarding. Now they’re gone.
  • Priest is way too overpowered, really. With [heal:linger], a single mass heal can recover entire party health bar while have only 15 sec cd. It just make wall of discussion between old heal vs new heal obsolete. Now that new heal isn’t enough to keep party alive anymore. Mass heal being simple AOE heal is lame and boring design wise.
    Not to mention pardoner buffs are joke compared to priest’s.

I joined CM party as diev-druid-pd as sole cleric and struggle to keep party alive most of the time even only at stage 5. Be realistic, not all people have proper gear and they don’t play defensively. If one needs smooth run, it feels like healer need to have priest or just BTFO.

i play Druid-Sadhu-Oracle and i ain’t healing no one. Not my job. Get yoSelf together and buy $ome pot$.