Tree of Savior Forum

How come hunters don't rule PvP?

Hunters have retrieve/coursing that locks/stuns the target for a long duration rank 10 cc, both skills can be used while cloaked. That is OP as hell, but still I never see any hunters on top 5 tbl. I often check the rankings and talk to people and usually they are QRS3/musk/cannon never a hunter.

The lack of hunters is because of the bugs ? Hunter skills are really r10 debuffs ?

I’m hyped for todays changes to hunter so Tell what you think about hunter in PvP .

Thank you !

Yes they can be used during cloaking, this doesn’t mean that you’ll remain cloaked though, only exception seems to be rush dog since the damage doesn’t come from you, but, rather the pet.

Hunter as they were before today’s update couldn’t target anything, their pets instantly died in many cases and were left to see their pets go after whatever they targeted once the hunter had died…

This I guess will continue. since you can stun kill a pet anyway, and those darn warlock balls will keep it there unless you turn it off and on.

Yes they’re rank 10 CC, but we can only target one at a time, you caught that catagoon? there’s another right next to it these days. Sub zero shield still freezes us, warlock balls make them immune to us.

Overall what we’re useful for is stopping cata rush and killing clerics, but both of those can now a days one shot most things, whereas we must wait for our pet to reach them.

Is hunter good for pvp? Sure, if your pet ever reaches your target.

How come hunters don’t rule PvP?

Quite simple, cos. Clerics exist.
And cute(retarded) pet AI will screw with Hunters 70+% of the time in team fights.

1 Like

dethrone can kill you and your pet in one atk so yeah. plus the MM of inquis which kills anyone below 20k hp.

Let’s cross fingers and hope that today’s manteinance fix hunter’s pet AI a little bit. The class at the moment is pretty useless…

Growling + aiming is amazing, but yeah any further improvement will be welcomed.

Firstly, the rankings won’t show you Hunter icons. There’s nearly no one taking Hunter at R7 or R8 (R6 and below are rarely on the rankings).

Hunters have extremely specific builds / roles they are weak or strong against.

They are strong against tanks (both evade / def) and characters relying solely on temporal damage / status immunity. They’re also relatively strong against anything that relies on melee combat.

On the other hand, they are weak against instant nukes, summons (necro, QS, sorc, diev), melee-counters (SR in R8, cata3, warlock, cryo, highlander), movement-based debuffs (archer, linker, kino, cryo), and can’t do much when there are too many enemies.

And there’s the problem: most people in PvP, aside from the clerics, can take advantage of some variation of those weaknesses.
The ones who can’t are either support or non-cata3 swordsmen.
The new targetting changes may help for some of the summon-based weaknesses, but it’s irrelevant for the rest.

1 Like