Tree of Savior Forum

Hoplite, barbarian and doppel

Hi guys, it’s me again. I’ve always wanted to build a swordsman and now … It’s time to build one! I’d like you to help me with skills and the order of the classes I should be picking.

Here it is: https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11496.253555.25448f61753a15.4a1f753a55.b55faa6a85

As always, you can do whatever you want: suggest new classes, skills, etc so I can have the best of my char.

100% PVE and/or farming build, risking some bosses sometimes.

I don’t actually know what Spear builds are good anymore, but here’s some things worth pointing out:

-Pierce is a very good skill. It can deal considerable damage to bosses, so it’s worth maxing out
-On the other hand, Synchro Thrusting and Spear Lunge seem better for their utility, so you’d either put one point into these skills or dump your leftover points into them.
-You can’t use Redel without having Zucken, and you can’t have Zucken without having either Zornhau or Zwerchhau.
-Punish is good enough on a build that doesn’t particularly care about bossing, but it should be maxed to get the most out of it.

I personally think that Doppelsoeldner is an excellent class, but not because one can just barely get it to work on builds that don’t mainly use 2h Swords.

Thanks for your response. I’ve made some changes following your advices.
May you see it and give me a feedback? (If I missed something, please let me know)

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11964.253555.4f1f3a55.b55faa6a85.2f428f61713a11

double pay earn is IMO a trap skill.
1 minute duration, 1 minute off time, +300 loot chance, no attribute
compared to thaumaturge swell brain
30 minute duration, +500 loot chance (800 with max attribute)

go max stabbing, it will OP in future patch

1 Like

Double Pay Earn is definitely one of the more questionable Doppel skills, up there with Punish and Sturtzhau. I can’t really recommend any of the three, but you’d end up taking DPE anyway on a Spear build that also has Doppel on it. Any other attack skill besides what’s already taken and you’d need a 2h Sword to autoswap to. The unfortunate part is that all 3 of those skills used to be quite good, but Re:Build was not very kind to them.

Most of the fun of Doppel, in my opinion, is cycling through Highlander/Barbarian/Doppelsoeldner skills to unload continuous damage on bosses. There’s at least a dozen skill uses in the rotation I use. Of course, you can’t really do that if you use a Spear. I’d suggest looking into other classes that actually use Spears, like Retiarius or Dragoon. Barbarian is a class that can work in almost any build, so it’s fine here.

1 Like

I’d never understand the idea of taking Doppel just for the Double Pay Earn… it SUCKS and isn’t even 100% uptime… Scout with Swell Brain is WAY better in every sense and doesnt have any drawback, it even requires less skill points…

Or why don’t they just make Double Pay have a chance of droping x2 items at least (since we know +loot chance is just a placebo stat) since the risk is higher and make it 100% uptime, or whatever but that skill is pure garbage that needs to be reworked (again)

If u are gonna take the Doppel circle, go for the 2h sword path all the way, that’s his role and shines incredibly well there

To be sincere I’m kinda following a build because I have never played with a swordsman … Imagine a 4th class rank … I’d like to play with a class using preferably 1h spear + shield.
I always wanted to play with a class that uses spears. Any suggestions?

I don’t want to tank/hold mobs to the party but I really like the combination of 1h weapon + 1h shield to have more defense/magic defense/block.

like this? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H-WM8QnNbJw&t=42s

oh yeah! like this. I will look forward to building my character with a similar build.

the link from @myself is a good build but keep in mind of the user’s gear, 17k~19k isn’t easy to reach but overall its a pretty solid tanky spear build once the hoplite update gets released

yeah and the 1200 crit rate with the help from fully evolved nepag set.
around 4000 patk lower for casual player using +6 T5 savinose legva spear, compared to +16 T10 savinose spear

i am a casual player

Doppel in general is a far stronger class than Thauma with its mediocre support and non existent damage specifically to facilitate its role as a loot pinata.

I wouldnt take DPE because doppel has so much strong 2h options but if someone is going to forego them then sure take DPE.

why… are… you… even… comparing… damage… from… doppel… to… THAUMA !?

Thaumaturge is a support class, u are suposed to compare it with whatever is on the scout tree, not with the thauma itself mygod are u for real? srsly… :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

If u want to farm for loot, scout is a way more viable option until they make DPE decent

It’s even way better to invest in loot chance gear rather than losing skill power from the Doppel skills

1 Like

You’ve been blabbering nonsense since 2016 and every single post of yours still manages to make me cringe.

You have completely understood what that person said but have to flame him by no reason. Yes, he indeed compared thauma to doppel. Damage = Kills = Drops. Thauma increases your looting chance at the cost of having a useless class.

Umm you literally made the comparison between the two.
Thauma is a very underpowered class that serves as a loot boost, that is the current drawback.
I have a thauma, I have made multiple over the years. There is not one single build I had in RE:build with Thauma that would not be improved by not taking Thauma. It’s a crappy class, the drawback to getting your 500 extra looting chance and/or Swell body is that you have Thaumaturge in your build instead of something with real contribution offensively or defensively.

That being said, Thaumaturge also is not a swordsman. DPE may not be the greatest of the loot chance boosting skills, but it is also on a class more practical than Hunter or Thaumaturge.

Dude, Scout is the most used class for farming and im comparing the loot chances here and now that u mention Hunter, that’s also a great farming class due to the functionality, Fear + Debuffs + Loot make it one of the best for farming, Cm and even pvp (if the pet doesnt get stuck or something)

Also what thauma lacks in damage skills it retributes with buffs (not just personal, but for the entire party) not just in damage, but on atkspd and even double loot + the additional damage and is even better with linker and u know that the Thauma+Link turns it into a farming beast

Doppel gets outclassed as farming class if u want to make DPE viable and the risk is not worth it, that’s the point, to get DPE buffed but IMC thinks that giving u both buffs* (DoV + DPE) that reduce ur survivality is good

*more like 1 buff + 1 debuff

after testing that build, hop spear throw need some aiming first and barbarian seism have a cone shape hitbox, not 360° like matador paso and doppel cyclone, need repositioning after swashing. Not really going with the flow

I’d like to play with a class using preferably 1h spear + shield.
I always wanted to play with a class that uses spears. Any suggestions?

have u tried spear shield Hop-Barb-Nak?
it’s currently my main build.
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#1146k.253555.2c418f61713a15.b55faa6a85.112a394a5a65

Is this build good for basic content pve? I do not intend to go to pvp or something like that and I’ll probably be in a party for most of the time (CMs, DGs, Saalus, etc).

yup, this is good for PvE not so for PvP cuz it lacks some cc skills.
And if you haven’t unlocked Nak Muay, i recommend buying unlock voucher, unless you want to go through the hell i did unlocking this class :rofl: