Tree of Savior Forum

[Holywar] Rugal vs TOS-forum community

So here are some points to discuss:

• Does Rugal’s builds useful or complete garbage ? (overall)
  • Is he a cancer Troll or person who can teach you something ?
  • Does his builds misleading and outdated and made TOS community suffer from players leak ?

Lord Knight build.

Good thing it was gone.

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

Rugal juz trying to help

as diverse as opinion can be, his effort is with good intention.

u, u all meta whoreshiper is the cancer

blindly follow any popular-build, then blame when things turn out bad…

huehuehue

4 Likes

It actually had the exact opposite effect.

I didn’t really care at first until I saw many people with the exact build (blindly followed the Lord Knight build).

Look what happened, it even birth to several cancer dragoon builds who can’t dps or even draw aggro properly, completely useless even the build followers themselves quit because they wasted time and effort.

Let people do what they want, but some people have no idea so they read guides, if they went with the wrong one…well…

could at least put a pvp tag there because I remembered that the build has no stabbing and pierce, not even one point.

2 Likes

@GyroZeppeli tank, really, have you played any mmo ? Have you played TOS ?
Great about what the hell tanking are you talking about ?
Here is scenario of Full CON (Coz CON provide Block stat, that is part of Block % calculation), not that STR got buffed with Block Penetration and now full CON useless in PvP, but ok. Same with equips full Block equips.

• Use Swash Buckling
  • Drag all mobs on the screen
  • Die
  • Repeat
    That is you tank life.

Any other game, drag aggro, use skills to protect you, get healed.
So in scope of TOS tank is a person who have skill to drag mobs on you.
Wizard = Tank, coz Ice/Flame Blast drags all mobs (Not restricted to amount of mobs) on the screen.
Bravo.

Why would you die? If that’s mage monsters of course you would die if you mindlessly drag mobs.

If it’s physical monsters upto maven, they deal only 1-200 damage even with only white plate armor(Lv 220)+aspersion.

Everyone here knows mage monsters are a threat no matter what, this is why we have CC in the first place.

4 Likes

Dunno, if it expected for tank to die from magic. In wow, ro, lineage 2, rift, etc it’a not expected.
Try stay on place and tank boss, good luck on heals cds.
Sure 200 on the hit from 10 monsters is a 2k damage. How much you can “tank” ? 15-20 k hp, it’s for 10 hits/sec + 2 heals. 20 sec great, then die.

Already at max level. I used his build as a base and managed things from there (stats allocation, skills, eq’s, etc.) cause there are some things that I just don’t agree with.

I build myself to be at least a decent tank or maybe aggro (Provoke) so I could at least help during mission/dungeon boss. The only regret is that I only left pain barrier at level 5 which is not a lot, trust me. And to my surprise, I actually held my own so far.

So yeah, overall his build is not viable as of now as some of them needs an update. It’s not totally garbage though.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I can literally afk until my armor breaks, I’m not even wearing a shield yet. Same case for maven, it’s mostly 1-20 without a shield yet.

Don’t mind the evasion, look at the 1. If you don’t believe that you can log in and take a look.

Only mage monsters are a problem, though I can chain disable them after a taunt and they pretty much die afterwards unless I drag more than 10 mages.

Only physical monsters that are actually a threat are those in ET, but even hogmas can be blocked by barriers.

2 Likes

When I played dragoon, at the start of the game until I reached 200 +I felt stupid for not taking sw2 and going peltasta, since there were so many likes there, almost got me to quit cuz I thought I screwed up and it felt like pain to reroll… Then I got to grind walls, and my life choices paid of.

I agree he had good intentions. The whole thing should have been handled differently, but what is done is done.

The only thing I would say is cancer(or rather not optimal) in his build is stat distribution, outside of that it was okay.

Oh, and no deeds on doppel, until he changed it, made me (?.?) when I learned a little about the game

Who the ■■■■ is Rugal ?

nevermind

1 Like

I guess this guy actually made Rugal finally quit doing public builds, which is a good thing.

Scroll down the comment by “lightman” and notice how he is asking questions and giving advices, then Rugal makes an overly defensive move while the other guy is being calm (but still being passive aggresive). Of course then Rugal plays victim, and proceed to brag about his life, a life that most people have.

Goddamn that build is so ■■■■. Hopefully no one will try to save the build and spread the cancer in the future.

1 Like

2 Likes

Interesting thing.
So let me once and for all explain reasoning behind this build and what we have now.
So back then in Oct 18th 2015 i created build for myself that got Cata in it.
There were only 5 Ranks back there. Yeas it was ok but really painful due to Korean Language and funny things. Restrain back then didn’t work with skills, only with basic attacks.
Then we got rank 6 and i converted my build to Sw2>Hop3>Doppel
That was fun time and then we got Rank 7 and buff to Restrain. Due to already invested too mush time in my Swordie i would like give a shoot to Dragoon build. For current state of the game Sw3>CataC3>Dragoo2/Lancer1 is great due to [Restrain]+[Rush] is a thing.
Hope Miko will help with this problem.
So yeah. It was made for me particularly and got spread among all community. There were threads in comments, debates on Peltasta vs Sw2 and as i sad there i prefer Sw2 and would suggest to go with any class you interested in on Rank2. So yeah, that was nice time.

Now i am totally sure that there are few builds for PvP that works great,
Sw3>Cata3>Dragoon2/Lancer1 (Lancer viable due to Catagoon meta)
Sw>Pelt2>Rode2>Fen2>Murmilo1

So yeah

Another lit thread. Huehuehue

this is a different level of bullying even for me.

tonyo, arent u like, making fun at those sword2 kirito build?

quoting my self for emphasis.

too much effort to bring up something when they game is pretty much dead. this would have been a gr8 b8 if it was made a little bit earlier. lol.