Tree of Savior Forum

Highlander's Cross Guard now scales with level

The formula at level 15 is:

Block: +(STR + CharLv × 3 + 675)

Assuming you are at level 200 with 200 STR, that will give you 1475 block.

Assuming you are at level 300 with 300 STR, that will give you 1875 block.

Meanwhile Peltasta’s High Guard at level 15 gives you this:

Block: +240
Attack: -50%
Critical Chance: -100

So when is Peltasta going to get fixed? Or are we going to start tanking with a 2H sword as a Highlander now?

#For the Record

Cross Guard is an ACTIVE skill, meaning you character will be stuck in crossguard pose and cant do anything else. Cannot be used with Swash Buckling on 2h weapons.

High Guard simply increases your passive block for the duration. Hence you can perform other actions with High Guard. Requires shield equipped. While High Guard decreases base ATK by 50% it boost 2 Peltast skills by 250%.

2 Likes

Because one consuming SP + make you take a stance every time you want to block vs the other being a buff is such comparison.

Or how one class can auto-block while the other can’t.

Or hey, how about that attribute you get to manually block things AND get 50% defense during it?

1 Like

Adding on to what @Karjalainen said.

Crossguard has a duration, and seems to go away after one hit, or very few hits (I can’t tell, the duration is too short).

Peltasta has auto blocking passively.

In that case Peltasta c1 is pretty much all you need to get in most builds.

It doesn’t change the fact that High Guard and Guardian is pretty bad right now. I don’t know why IMC hasn’t fixed these 2 skills yet, these should be pretty high up in the priority list since Peltasta is the main class designed for tanking and it’s still left in the dust.

Standing still or not, 1475 block compared to 240 block is too much of a difference. When it was around 670 block before, that was still justifiable to an extent.

I’m not asking for Cross Guard to be nerfed or anything. Simply asking for Peltasta’s numbers to be fixed.

Lol, it’d be hilarious if they allowed Cross Guard to be used on 1-handed weapons… XD

@Excellence
peltast class already can do that without SP cost and can remain on manual guard FOREVER.

Just press ‘C’ as a peltast when equiped with a shield

@GoldenCross
no sane highlander will take lvl15 crossguard when you have 8 other offensive skills to min-max. if your taking crossguard means the Highlander is wielding 2hand sword hence s/he will not be doing a tanking role.

If you are aiming for a higher rank 2H sword wielding class in the future (eg. fencer), it may be worthwhile sacrificing a few points to get a defensive skill that scales with your level and stats. I’d imagine fencer skills at rank 7 will replace highlander skills (rank 2-4) pretty fast on your hotkey bar in the future.

Btw fencer is coming sooner than you might think:

I’m already preparing builds for it

Makes me wonder if Guard is really all that worth it just to snag Peltasta.

@GoldenCross, a class with an increase to Piercing damage while a Rapier equipped likely to have a lot of Parry and Counter/Critical skills. Sign me up…

http://www.uarts.edu/sites/default/files/imagecache/large_post/images/fencing_sportsrecreation.jpg
We dont really know what skills the fencer has. For all we commonly know real life fencer wield Rapiers as their weapons of choice. IMC had fencer characters in their previous game Granado Espada that wield rapiers. We wont know if rapiers will be a separate weapon class until then its all speculation.

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/uploads/default/original/2X/8/8eb9490a679073e072ba28e436ba5ae10b870e5d.png

Kurt Lyndon one of the fencer characters from Granado Espada.

Even so I still find it more practical to run away than to do attempt block timing. Also Cross Guard requires timing, since you have to anticipate the enemy attack before activating the skills else the Cross Guard animation ends without its benefits.

Also Manual Blocking (Press C while wearing a shield as Peltast) boost blocking rate without wasting extra skill points.

1 Like

If you have too much trouble for Peltasta’skill. Pick the highlander for tanker then!!