Tree of Savior Forum

High xp build test server with weekly resets

Hello everyone,

Some time ago I saw a bunch of topics about class resets and I came with a possible solution for some of the points I read on those. My idea is the following: a high xp rate server with weekly resets, negating the need for a lot of rerroling for the perfect build, while also making it easier to test and fine tune crazier builds. Also, the weekly reset wil ensure the focus on the nomal servers.

Feel free to comment and discuss, I’ll add the arguments you give on the opening topic when I have the time.

Arguments on the reply:

1. Probably would reinforce the meta builds

I have a feeling this could reinforce a meta. We wouldn’t need a test server if IMC listened to its playerbase and quickly applied those fixes.

I agree that this could reinforce a meta, because of the possibility of min maxing on the test server, but also think that if more people could try and optimize non meta builds through this feature they would start to appear more in game.

Thanks for your reply.

1 Like

I see nothing wrong with metas since it is the most efficient setup. Why make inferior builds when you can go for the most effective ones?

I also don’t see nothing wrong with them, but I think that the most efficient build isn’t always the most fun to play and this game has so much potential for unique builds that I just want to see more diversity in game.

1 Like

Only way to encourage diversity is to implement a risk-free way for experimentation. Like a test server you said or rank resets. Or else nobody is going to waste their time repeating all eight ranks of quests just to end up with something that doesnt work.

I’m not saying it’s wrong that a meta exists, every game has one, just that this ‘could’ establish a really solid and strong one, which is something this game shouldn’t have, because this is promoted as a really diverse game and it’s failing at that.

Lagunarealm48,

I think that the meta builds will always be stronger than most. Having said that, my aim is to make non meta builds more viable through experimentation which I hope will adress to the lack of diversity that we have today. Thanks for your reply.

Of course, there will always be a way that is the most efficient, but there shouldn’t be a difference big enough to make other builds that aim doing the same obsolete.

That’s a good idea, it’s just that balancing would help more.

While this could increase the metas and all, it would probably be a good way for IMC to find certain bugs earlier if they actually patch new content there 1st, like 1-2 weeks prior to the main server (similar to how KROs Sakray server used to work).
They could just wipe it every few weeks/months [ideally after the major patches like Rank updates hit the main servers] to make people only play temporarily there to test things out, giving them time to try out fixes for issues without making the base upset and give a solid reason for prolonging the wait for patches since the users can actually spot the issues themselves[this makes the “mute” IMC less painful].