Tree of Savior Forum

Hidden Quest, Con+1

Ah, well we did try teleporting through the wall (lift actually), no NPC.

So I’m trying to do it the proper way this time by trying to unlock the barrier first

Could you try, by chance, talking with the Old Well and the Old Tent from Cobalt Forest again with the same character?

I found something in the Lua files that matches with the required quests. And that returns “YES” on a dialog only when these same requirements as “Not able to meet again” quest are met.

I’m not sure if the NPC is the Old Tent or the Old Well though.

EDIT:
In a summary:
1) Make sure you did all pre-requirement quests: https://tos.neet.tv/quests/9105 (includes Tenet Church quest line then Veja Ravine/Vieta Gorge, I think, then Cobalt Forest, make sure to also do all quests and subquests on Cobalt Forest).
2) Move to a random map.
3) Read all Torn Diary parts you have.
4) Head to Cobalt Forest and talk with the Old Well.
5) Head to Seven Valley mission and get past the wall with a Kino or try the Panto Wizard killing method if you like exploring stuff.

This should work and the NPC shouldn’t be timed.

1 Like

hey i’ve done this quest before as both kino and non-kino
i haven’t gotten the legit way to open the barrier correctly yet, but I can confirm you always see the ghost as long as you’ve done the previous setup, also I did the quest on my psychokino without having all 4 diary entries (only 1,3,4) so I’m not sure whats up with that

2 Likes

By before, a long long time ago?

no like yesterday and a month ago

Welp, I completed it yesterday doing what @Seiran said. So, I guess, It works.

3 Likes

Completed with the Cobalt Forest/Old Wall part or the Seven Valley mob killing part?

Old well part. I teleported through the barrier.

2 Likes

Yup can confirm it works. I had to Dragon Fall over it though.

By the way, I did NOT redo/re interact with the quest/NPC, I just went here when you guys said you’ve found the NPC.

Did this patch fix this by any chance?

(yes I already had 4 torn pieces long long ago)

question is, how can we do this the legit way without cheating through?

I’m thinking that it’s a recent patch, because a friend I invited around december/january had finished all the quests and cannot find the NPC the moment I posted this too, but the guy said he also did it a month ago…

I tested on a character when posting the “summary” 20 days ago. First time didn’t see NPC, talked to Old Well on Cobalt Forest, could see the NPC after teleporting there.

About how to get past barrier, I’m not playing much so still didn’t test the panto wizards thing, sorry. :x

About your friend, did they ever go back to Cobalt Forest to talk with the Old Well and also maybe the Klaipeda girl? It might be needed to talk to both after finishing all quests for seeing the NPC on Seven Valley.

Hmm about this, I’m not sure, I’ll ask her later on what she did.

I can test this myself though, I have newer alts with all subquests undone so I could verify it myself a little later.
test A: finish everything once, talk to the girl with 2x dialogs, go to seven valley
test B: same as test A, but talking to the well again after interacting with klaipeda girl before going into the mission

I can think of other tests to be done like interacting with the girl first before doing anything the moment you reach klaipeda and just proceed with the quests

By the way, this might be useful:
The character I tested was my Squire which is really old. I leveled the character by doing quests and grinding really back then.

I had all 4 Torn Diaries but I’m not sure if I ever talked to the Klaipeda girl. I probably did talk to her at some point since the character is pretty old.

The difference between the NPC showing up or not was talking to the Old Well, at least for my Squire.

Hmm I see, though for this BM I didn’t talk to it again.

Well, I did interact it before long ago to get a torn piece, but I didn’t interact with it again recently, just called my kino friend after seeing this post and the npc was there.

Oh I remembered something, I actually talked to the well again before testing the panto kill requirement, but I can’t remember if I checked if the NPC was there or not

reading my posts above…yeah I did check it
:tired:

the trigger was talking to the well I think
I had someone who read the 4 pages, and talked to Lilyanna but didn’t see the ghost
They went back and talked to the well and went back in and he was triggered

When I did it on a alt I only had 3 pages of the diary and it still triggered

I did a fresh run on my newer alts and only needed to talk to the well once for the npc to appear, but my friend (which I invited around december~january) had done all quests and never got it, I’m not sure if this was a recent fix or what that needed to re interact with the old well.

anyone got it to work?

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.